What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paranoid arrived today (SHM-SACD). It's playing right now.

3 more SHM-SACDs on the way: Wheels Of Fire, Asia (this title should kick some serious ass on this format... sorry Audio Fidelity), and the mysterious sampler that also contains a standard SACD (hybrid) to do comparisons. I received a price-cut on my order. The shipping said 1,500 yen when ordered but it changed to 1,200 yen when shipped. All disks shipped though, so I'm paying only 9,872 yen now, with a point credit 1329 (around $15) to use on a future order. I ordered during a 15X point promotion.

Depeche Mode Exciter SACD/DVD 2 disc set arrived today (new & sealed)! It looks so shiny and pristine I am afraid to open it!

http://www.sa-cd.net/library/6107/1

You suck (just kidding because I'm jealous)! I see that you completed the DM sacd catalog. I too am working on it, but the prices for Violator, Black Celebration, SOFAD, CTA, and Exciter to a lesser extent are outrageous. I just can't justify spending that kind of money when DTS versions are available for $20 or less. I hope that DM's SACD catalog gets re-issued so that eBay gougers get it stuck to them.

I still have Depeche Mode "Speak & Spell" needed to complete the run of Depeche Mode sacd. As far as sucking, it can make you very popular (as well as profitable) at parties. The SACD do sound preferable to me over the DTS. I want it all it must be high resolution as well as suround sound! As far as justifying spending the money I have no regrets on what I have purchased. Things balance out. I got Ojays Ship Ahoy sacd for 8 dollars at a store. Do you think I minded then paying 52.00 for Carly Simon DVD-Audio? I am still way ahead in the scheme of things. Also I dont have to wonder maybe I should have gotten the sacd instead of the cd. When you get top of the line you dont look to see what the person next to you is driving and wonder "what might have been".

thats not counting the DVD-Audio side of things either.

Yeah, even I do have much more dvd-audios than sacds.

These are the latest purchases

Talking Heads - Fear of music, CD+DVD-A (now I have all 8 of their albums in Hi-res)
R.E.M. - New Adventures in Hi-fi, CD+DVD-A
Genesis - Calling All Stations, SACD/DVD-V

Yeah, even I do have much more dvd-audios than sacds.

These are the latest purchases

Talking Heads - Fear of music, CD+DVD-A (now I have all 8 of their albums in Hi-res)
R.E.M. - New Adventures in Hi-fi, CD+DVD-A
Genesis - Calling All Stations, SACD/DVD-V

You will enjoy Fear of Music in surround. I Zimbra is astonishing in MCh. I also have all 8 and FoM is the pick IMO.(y)

Ordered form Amazon UK, they should arrive this week, all on SACD:

Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
Eleanor McEvoy - Early Hours
Mark Knopfler - Shangri La

I was offered a sealed and new copy from a seller on ebay for 82 dollars. I have about 2 and a half days to respond. The Cardigans "Long Gone Before Daylight" SACD

Is this a good deal?

Last edited:
All-new sampler/demo SACD from Japan Sony Music for the Japanese audiophile magazine "Stereo Sound". Much of the music on this SACD have never been released on SACD.

The Jake Shimabukuro cover of the Beatles' "Across The Universe" featured Cyndi Lauper on vocals.

5147935020_4d6c759eb8.jpg

5147332095_c77005aa75.jpg

I was offered a sealed and new copy from a seller on ebay for 82 dollars. I have about 2 and a half days to respond. The Cardigans "Long Gone Before Daylight" SACD

Is this a good deal?

Yes. All of the 5 or 6 copies I found over the years were $38 on the shelf.

It is/was very hard to find.

Just grabbed Steely Dan's "Two Against Nature" DVD-A
I already had the Video which I thought was superb.
This now completes my Steely Dan Hi-Res collection!:smokin

All-new sampler/demo SACD from Japan Sony Music for the Japanese audiophile magazine "Stereo Sound". Much of the music on this SACD have never been released on SACD.
Definitely interesting.

Proof:

[List of merchandise in your cart]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1 ] Stereo Sound Reference Record Nobu’s Popular Selection (Unit:3,619 yen)

Total amount:4,719 yen(Unit price: 3,619 yen/Postage: 1,100 yen)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The merchandises will be shipped to you soon.

---------------------------------------------
Stereo Sound Publishing Inc.
Phon: +81-3-5412-7887/FAX:+81-3-5412-7897
E-mail: [email protected]

$58.06 Yikes! Hopefully, they take the VAT off later?

The above mentioned disk has arrived from Japan. Looks sorta like a SHM-SACD but it's a hybrid, so it can't be. Comes with a nice booklet with a page dedicated to each track, with a picture from whatever original album it came from. The "Pros And Cons Of Hitch-hiking" cover is not censored.

Looks like the cleaning lady missed something.

Oh, woops, don't have a cleaning lady.

Attachments

• stereo_sound_popular_sampler.jpg
    stereo_sound_popular_sampler.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back