What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is Sound - Switchfoot (DualDisc).

Think it's only Dolby Dig but will check over w/end.
You can be sure it's only Dolby Digital.

I have a Switchfoot SACD I've still never opened. I have the idea I won't like the music. No plans to open it.

These two arrived today from acoustic sounds...

Attachments

• Two_new_SACD.jpg
    Two_new_SACD.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 113
Lalo Schifrin - Letters From Argentina - DualDisc DVD-A.... Thanks Fredblue for the tip.... & Jon for the Poll....

Versebridgechorus? - Kinobe (Hybrid M/C SACD).

New and sealed, £18.

There's one more copy at that price right now on Amazon UK, for anyone that's interested.

Musically its more "ambient/chill-out/dance/beats/groove" type stuff..
from the same UK label that released the Groove Armada SACDs (Vertigo/Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub/ Love Box).

Versebridgechorus? - Kinobe (Hybrid M/C SACD).

New and sealed, £18.

There's one more copy at that price right now on Amazon UK, for anyone that's interested.

Musically its more "ambient/chill-out/dance/beats/groove" type stuff..
from the same UK label that released the Groove Armada SACDs (Vertigo/Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub/ Love Box).

well there WAS a copy!

Now.. "POOF!" it's magically disappeared..!! :eek:

been a good week will be a good month,
so far
Lalo Shifrin Letters from Argentina DVDA
and
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings DVDA

thanks to qq's for promoting such great discs, didnt know about the first and european based so needed a little help getting the second

waiting for two ELPs a Robert Fripp and a King Crimson DVDAs and a TYA DVD

been a good week will be a good month,
so far
Lalo Shifrin Letters from Argentina DVDA
and
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings DVDA

thanks to qq's for promoting such great discs, didnt know about the first and european based so needed a little help getting the second

waiting for two ELPs a Robert Fripp and a King Crimson DVDAs and a TYA DVD

i wish more of the labels and more industry people (like Neil Wilkes, Steven Wilson, Burning Shed Lisa, who we are currently extremely fortunate to have come here and do so much for the surround music cause - and past visitors like UMG's Jimby, Rhino/Capitol Bob Vosgien, etc) involved with surround releases & the decision making process (in what gets to come out and what doesn't, for starters!) would..

a.) visit here too,
b.) post and tell us what their plans are (if they have any!?),
c.) ask us what we think,
d.) think outside the box, release more exciting product,
and e.) create offers and incentives to QQ members.

why? because this is a hotbed of nearly 6,000 members who are all their potential target market.

at this point in time, the music industry needs a captive audience like us to sell their product to.

if the labels were to project say 5,000 sales worldwide of their next surround music release, they could virtually meet their sales targets just through the membership of QQ alone!

there's so much scope for where this site could influence the future of surround music, it's not true!

is it worth starting a thread to discuss the possibilities of expanding this place?

with a view to attracting even more members, attracting more music industry movers & shakers and having a greater effect and input on upcoming releases? (*)

(* so that we don't get Machine Head for the 3rd time in a modern-day surround format, or Ziggy Stardust twice in 10 years, or Layla twice over a similar period, or Dark Side of the Moon in surround AGAIN.. I understand why the big-selling stalwarts are chosen for these releases, as it guarantees casual sales to make up the numbers.. but if there are enough people who want stand-alone surround music, then surely a bit of creativity and inventiveness, now that the industry has changed so much, could bring about more interesting 5.1 music releases that still sell.).

A Qn? are 5,000 sales enough to justify a return, say on something along the lines of the Quadio DVDs, sourced from the old quads?

how much can that cost a label? from licensing, to creation, to replication, to distribution!?

think of it this way, if a process like that costs £10,000 a title, £2 from every QQ member could make it happen, even if it means subsidising something that a label profits out of us on, they're going to anyway if/when we buy what they do choose to release (whether out of desperation, completists' sake, or whatever just "because its in surround").. and at least we:
i.) get the titles & artists in surround we really want,
ii.) get them how we want them (format, content, etc),
iii.) aren't having to resort to paying hugely inflated prices for out of print titles that the labels & artists make not a penny on now anyway..

(I could go on, there's so many angles & benefits to us.. you get the gist).

its not a business model, or proposition, just a bit of imagination, exploring one way, among so many, that this incredible community could greatly shape the future of surround music.

Katatonia - Dead End Kings - DVD-A - Can't believe I've got it already!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back