What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Surroundings - Lynyrd Skynyrd (DVDA).

WooHoo!!

Thanks to dr.simple for being a legend and getting me one!!! (y)

Yyyyyyeeeaaaayyyyy!!!! :D

Here's to a rockin' weekend baby!!!

:banana:

(DERAIL/OPPOSITE SUBJECT)
this is getting ridiculous...
had to CANCEL my order for the ELP DVD-As...
man ,am I depressed!!!

This no job situation is getting out of hand...
I know I am not a genius, but I ain't no moron either; freakin' impossible to get hired.
Last year I got THREE jobs (yes, THREE)..this year , nada.

If I stop posting you'll probably have to assume I'm livin' in the street....

(END OF DERAIL)

Some of these I heard first of here in the thread:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Then And Now (DVD-A)
George Shearing and Hank Jones - The Spirit Of 176 (SACD)
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two (BluRay)
Aaron Neville - Devotion (DVD-A)
John Hiatt - Master Of Disaster (SACD)
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile (DTS-CD)
Tormé-Shearing - A Vintage Year (SACD)
Lalo Schifrin - Letters From Argentina (DVD-A, DualDisc)
Kuniko Kato - Kuniko Plays Reich (SACD)

This one comes with "Hyprid Stereo" sticker. Booklet and label do not mention MC at all. In some online shops (acousticsounds.com shows the correct info) it is also listed as stereo only. I guess the sellers have no more info than what is printed on the cover and thus list as stereo only.
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (SACD)

Better had looked closer before purchase: Live :-(
Frank Zappa - Halloween (DVD-A )
(Btw: Anyone heard about http://www.amazon.de/Zappa-Plays-2d...RLW8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345895447&sr=8-2 Zappa Plays Zappa DVD-Audion to be released in 12/2012 ???)

Good luck the cover and the music are different stories with this :)
The Gluey Brothers - Stiff For The Elders (DVD-A)

Still people only the BluRay of the Immersion Box on eBay. Half price (so not a bargain for a single disk in print). No space on the shelf wasted for marbles and scarfs!
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (BluRay Immersion Box)

And finally today (DHL express took an extra day with this Amazon shipping what is very, very unusual. Well, that must be Murphy's Law)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (DVD-A)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus (DVD-A)

MC only

Markus

George Shearing and Hank Jones - The Spirit Of 176 (SACD)
Tormé-Shearing - A Vintage Year (SACD)

Markus

The Spirit of 176 is just two piano's so if you're thinking of getting it purely for the multichannel mix, I wouldn't bother.

The Torme/Shearing one however is a very nice live recording, with a cool band, ambience mix, sounds good and it's a great set-list.

thank you, I hope the guy can send to Chile.

it says Worldwide Shipping, but afterwards excludes almost 90% of the world:mad:@:

Shipping to: Worldwide
Excludes: Africa, Central America and Caribbean, Middle East, South America, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Nepal, Japan, Korea, South, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan Republic, Pakistan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Sri Lanka, Armenia, Russian Federation, Macedonia, Malta, Iceland, Norway, Romania, Cyprus, San Marino, Greece, Hungary, Andorra, Luxembourg, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Croatia, Republic of, Estonia, Belarus, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lithuania, Montenegro, Albania, Portugal, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Serbia, Ukraine, Slovenia, Monaco, Denmark, Vatican City State, Finland, Bulgaria, Sweden, Slovakia, Moldova, Czech Republic, Bermuda, Mexico, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Tonga, Tuvalu, Solomon Islands, French Polynesia, Western Samoa, New Caledonia, Palau, Marshall Islands, American Samoa, Wallis and Futuna, Micronesia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Guam, Vanuatu, Fiji, Vietnam, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Taiwan, Philippines, Macau, Thailand

Anybody can send something to Chile but if the receiver claims he never received it the seller is screwed. So that's why they don't do it.

Anybody can send something to Chile but if the receiver claims he never received it the seller is screwed. So that's why they don't do it.

And since this thing is rare there is not much pressure to change that. It will change if Europe, Japan, and USA are out of money some day. What a pain...

Markus

Got delivered last week

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (Dual Disc)
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (Dual Disc)

Should be arriving tomorrow:

Nine Inch Nails - Ghost Box Set (This one I just boght to support more NIN in surround, cause I dont really like this album so much)

And finally just ordered forn Burning Shed 5 minutes ago:

Katatonia - Dead End Kings - Swedish Edition (CD + DVD-AV) (Don know if it is Hi-Rez or not... but im happy either way)
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance 5.1 (CD/DVDA)
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning - Blu-ray edition (Blu-ray)

jeez... now I realize... that has been a lot of $, € and £ spent (or invested? I dont know anymore)

Just got Genesis 1976-82 new and a used copy of Yes-Magnification dvd audio.
Hopefully Lynard Skynard coming via leevitalone1

Good luck the cover and the music are different stories with this :)
The Gluey Brothers - Stiff For The Elders (DVD-A)

Markus

Agree the cover gives no clue as to the music content, which i found very enjoyable. nice mix and well recorded as are pretty much every disc which came from the DTS label. shame the suits took charge and stopped any more. Another awfull accountant over artistic endevour decision

Last edited:
Great disc, fredblue! Excellent sonics, music and mix!

I was listening to Florent Pagny's "Ailleurs Land" again the other day and though I've had it for a while, I thought I'd throw the title out here for people to take note. I love this disc, the sonics and music are fantastic. He has a great voice and the songs are all pop-rock at its finest. It was a totally random find (somebody had it on a list on amazon). Oh, and regarding the mix: it's okay. Not excellent, but always enveloping and immersive. I really recommend the album, no matter if you understand French or not.

Agree the cover gives no clue as to teh music content, which i found very enjoyable. nice mix and well recorded as are pretty much every disc which came from the DTS label. shame the suits took charge and stopped any more. Another awfull accountant over artistic endevour decision

thanks for the info!

I've seen this one over the years and never bought it because it looked like it might not be my cuppa tea.. the covers certainly "quirky".. but it's time to get it now, as if you guys rate it, it must be good! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back