What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Space In Time - Ten Years After (LP + 4.1 DVD).

Quite how Chrysalis can imagine they are going to sell volume of these (or in fact any!?)
when HMV on Oxford Street (for non-UK QQ members, its a huge music megastore in the heart of London)
only had ONE in stock today (the day of its official release) and that solitary copy was still stuck in the stock room
and not out on display...

:mad:

courtesy of a cousin who lives in Florida...she was kind enough to get it TWICE(she LOST her first copy...don't ask me how!!!)

(Play some..)
Lynyrd Skynyrd-"Southern Surroundings" DVD-A

There are at least a few QQ'ers who are going to buy ASIT.

I'd love to change the world and make it just like here on QQ.

true.. I just don't understand why EMI didn't release it as a single inventory CD + DVD combo, with a separate vinyl reissue if they really must, so that more people could get their hands on it more easily and stores could stock/store and display it more readily..!?

bundling it in with vinyl (as with the lousy Ziggy 40th) just doesn't make much sense to me.

there's a standalone CD reissue (with bonus tracks of the Quad mix folded down to stereo.. dumb) which will probably sell v.few copies and a vinyl set that will sell even fewer copies..!!

I guess I should be thankful it didn't come out as a huge, overpriced box set stuffed with other dross..

Just added these two Clapton SACD's.

Slowhand
461 Ocean Boulevard

Both were still available on Amazon.com for decent price band new.

A_L

Travis & Fripp - Follow - CD/DVD-A - Usual speedy delivery from Burning Shed...

t1_0005 (600 x 526).jpg
t1_0004 (600 x 533).jpg

Last edited:
In Full Swing - Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio [Featuring Wynton Marsalis and Jane Monheit] (M/C SACD).

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/693

One of the last Sony/Columbia/Epic single layer multichannel SACDs on my wish list to elude me all this time.

I think it's one of about 5 maximum now.. the likes of Keb Mo, Chris Botti and E Power Biggs always seem out of reach, so I doubt I'll ever find them at real-world prices now!

I don't think this one's particularly rare.. it's just a case of sellers seldom getting the listing right and frustratingly not having the SACD after all ..plus it doesn't often come up nowadays for what I'd call reasonable money (i.e. £15 or less, which is what I paid last week).

Really looking forward to hearing this one, its a nicely recorded album.

Not as good as Beck for £16,but intodays post i have
TRex Electric warrior £12
Peter gabriel plays live £12
Meat loaf Bat out of hell £14 stereo only

Not as good as Beck for £16,but intodays post i have
TRex Electric warrior £12
Peter gabriel plays live £12
Meat loaf Bat out of hell £14 stereo only

The T Rex SACD for £12 nowadays is a really great price! certainly as good as the Beck I found, if not better!

what condition are these three in Martyn?

I don't know what Keb Mo' is going for, but Ol' Ernest was a left nut last time I checked. I'm forever indebted to a customer I met in Tower's Bloomingdale store who strongly recommended it when it was new.

I've been that customer! the one that goes up to people in a store when they're holding an album and just say "oh that's great!".. with the typical British "reserve" it doesn't always go down too well.. but I do it anyway!

the last Keb Mo "Just like you" and E Power Biggs SACDs I saw on eBay (only last week from the same seller in the States) went for £50.78 and £56.36 respectively. Greet in Amsterdam beat me on the E Power! we had a laugh about it afterwards!

I've recommended things to other shoppers, too. Even with our Midwestern friendliness, some folks think you must have a screw loose.

I didn't even have Ol' Ernest in my hand. This guy simply saw me browsing classical SACD's and recommended it. I had been buying Biggs albums predating Quad. I never bought this one back then. The "Plays Joplin" on Pedal Harpsichord Quad soured me on Biggs. I love Biggs and I dig Joplin (Scott and his Sister Janis :eek: ) Sooo glad I bought it.

The same guy also recommended an audiophile club in Arlington Heights. I attended one meeting, but they were waaay too snobby for me. I was scum because I listened to rock music. Bet I have more classical in my collection than most of those snobs. It's just that it's not all I have. I never got to mention that I was a Chicago Symphony season subscriber.

I've been that customer! the one that goes up to people in a store when they're holding an album and just say "oh that's great!".. with the typical British "reserve" it doesn't always go down too well.. but I do it anyway!

the last Keb Mo "Just like you" and E Power Biggs SACDs I saw on eBay (only last week from the same seller in the States) went for £50.78 and £56.36 respectively. Greet in Amsterdam beat me on the E Power! we had a laugh about it afterwards!

The T Rex SACD for £12 nowadays is a really great price! certainly as good as the Beck I found, if not better!

what condition are these three in Martyn?

I would say the discs are in good/Very good condition (considering their age), just a couple of minor scuffs/scracthes when you turn them to the light. The slip case of the Meatloaf album has seen better days.
Overall Im very pleased with the value of these discs. I would call them a bargain and I dont get many of those. I think you have to be very patient (or rich) if you want to collect these hi def goodies nowadays and be prepared to spend far too much time surfing the WWW

The same guy also recommended an audiophile club in Arlington Heights. I attended one meeting, but they were waaay too snobby for me. I was scum because I listened to rock music. Bet I have more classical in my collection than most of those snobs. It's just that it's not all I have.

Thats why you should go back, offer to have a listen to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Then put ELO II on the turntable and bait and switch them with Roll Over beethoven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back