What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mysterious Traveller - Weather Report (M/C SACD).

More Sony classic Columbia Quad! There'll be some funky noodling on my system tonight that's for daaaamn sure!

Sea Change - Beck (M/C SACD).

A last! One that's been on my shopping list for literally years and another SACD I foolishly passed on buying when it was still in print and cheap.. I've been waiting to find one for sensible money and I finally did last week (£16) it's here.. I'm ready for some surround ear candy!

New Favorite - Alison Krauss + Union Station (Hybrid SACD).

Hallelujah! Amazon.fr came to the rescue! (£32, like new.. my lucky streak continues!).

With this one, I guess I'm nearly there now with the SACDs I've long wanted to hear.

Out of the 150-odd on my sa-cd.net wish list, there are only about 10 to 15 tops that I am keen to hear & own, the rest are just curiosities that if I see very cheap I'll pick them up.

Hoping this one too has been worth the long wait to buy it for anywhere near approaching what I'm prepared to stretch to for these discs now...

The Blondie is a great DVDA! probably among 3 or 4 Silverline's I've kept. Motörhead is another great one if you don't have it already.

Thanks! I've got the Motohead DVD-A - 'cause thats they way I like it baby!

Tommy - Who??? DVD-A I already have the SACD
TommyDE-USA-DVDA.jpg

From FYE, Stevie Ray Vaughan Couldn't Stand The Weather (original Epic/Legacy single-layer with bonus tracks). It came in a 2-CD case. The other disk in the case just happened to be an original Texas Flood SACD, which I already have, but since it was free I have no problem with it. Both are in close to mint condition.

I'll keep looking for the title in hopes of getting one with the original paper slipcase.

The two have different content? Always thought they were the same. I sold my dvd-audio one when I found a good used SACD (2 disk set).

I didn't realize that there was additional video content on the DVD-A. There is an interview with Pete Townshend. There are also "never-before-seen" photos and lyric manuscripts accessible with a PC or Mac using Adobe Acrobat or PDF software.

The two have different content? Always thought they were the same. I sold my dvd-audio one when I found a good used SACD (2 disk set).

I didn't realize that there was additional video content on the DVD-A. There is an interview with Pete Townshend. There are also "never-before-seen" photos and lyric manuscripts accessible with a PC or Mac using Adobe Acrobat or PDF software.
One of the best (funniest) Pete Townsend interviews I ever saw is on Rough Mix where Pete talks about how he punched Ronnie Lane.

Has anyone compared the MFSL SACD to the Epic/Legacy SACD of Couldn't Stand The Weather? I can't imagine the MFSL having as much bass. Probably does have more treble though. But I've never heard it. I do know it's missing the bonus tracks, which is quite a loss.

Sasha - Livebeats (DVD-A)
B.B. King & Eric Clapton - Riding With The King (DVD-A)
Jane Monheit - Come Dream With Me (DVD-A)
Ten Years After - A Space In Time (DTS-DVD)
America - Homecoming (DVD-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back