What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of Six Wives of Henry VIII showed up in the mail. I'm off to listen to it in quad on the offsite system that I have available for such things.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Love Scenes - Diana Krall (DVD-Audio).

View attachment 18098

That title has special significance to me...I was in Best Buy one day and I'm in the audio section looking at DVD players with this "new" feature called DVD-Audio...so the guy tells me about it and I buy a player and pick up this disc to try out the new format...then Sony(the format destroyer)comes out with SACD and I never bought another DVD-A after that until over a decade later...one of the many reasons(they invented the word proprietary) I don't like Sony...

That is a good album...very smooth..

James Taylor - October Road & Hourglass - SACDs I just need Flag now..
David Chesky - Area 31 - SACD

That title has special significance to me...I was in Best Buy one day and I'm in the audio section looking at DVD players with this "new" feature called DVD-Audio...so the guy tells me about it and I buy a player and pick up this disc to try out the new format...then Sony(the format destroyer)comes out with SACD and I never bought another DVD-A after that until over a decade later...one of the many reasons(they invented the word proprietary) I don't like Sony...

That is a good album...very smooth..

Nice bit of background info., thanks matey :)

Fwiw I got into Dolby PL first & then Dolby Dig on LD, then DTS and then DVD-V.. and then SACD.. and then DVD-A.. and then all the other craziness (with DualDisc etc) followed on from there! Happy times, surround sound has been a wonderful journey of exploration and broadened my tastes in music exponentially - and then some! :ugham:

Oh and I have the Love Scenes DTS CD already, SACDs still on the shopping list. Just out of interest, Clint, why did you quit buying DVD-A once you'd got into SACD?

I'm curious what you think about the sound quality of October Road...I wanted to buy it but some opinions on it were pretty bad...

I'm not Mike but.. :eek: ..I didn't think it was half bad, certainly not as good as Hourglass (the surround on that is fabulous!) or the other 3 (of which JT is the best surround iirc.. but Dad Loves His Work my oh my the sound quality on that is just out of this world, really lovely.. Flag I don't remember fondly but it's been a while.. as usual the grey cells need a jump start!).

I'm curious what you think about the sound quality of October Road...I wanted to buy it but some opinions on it were pretty bad...

I've already heard October Road on SACD.

I prefer (In order of preference) JT, Dad Loves His Work and Hourglass on Multichannel SACD. Flag is my least favourite, then October Road.

The sound (from memory) on October Road is probably the weakest of the JT Mch SACDs.

All just my opinion of course - your mileage may vary.

I'm not Mike but.. :eek: ..I didn't think it was half bad, certainly not as good as Hourglass (the surround on that is fabulous!) or the other 3 (of which JT is the best surround iirc.. but Dad Loves His Work my oh my the sound quality on that is just out of this world, really lovely.. Flag I don't remember fondly but it's been a while.. as usual the grey cells need a jump start!).

Snap!!!

:brew

James Taylor - October Road & Hourglass - SACDs I just need Flag now..
David Chesky - Area 31 - SACD

Its funny how we all say we "need" such and such a disc, isn't it? :D
I mean, your car needs petrol, your kids need pocket money, their goldfish needs feeding.. a lot of us guys on this board get it better than most I guess, that voracious "need" to obtain a record.. (oh ignore me, I'm just in a whimsical ol' mood ce soir..! :eek: )

Its funny how we all say we "need" such and such a disc, isn't it? :D
I mean, your car needs petrol, your kids need pocket money, their goldfish needs feeding.. a lot of us guys on this board get it better than most I guess, that voracious "need" to obtain a record.. (oh ignore me, I'm just in a whimsical ol' mood ce soir..! :eek: )
Hey Adam you post struck a chord with me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7nIWKApT30

Back