What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got in Foreigner's 4, Japanese Multichannel SACD.

Will probably be my final Warner Japanese Multichannel SACD that I buy as I have no need for "The Doors" SACD as I have "Perception", plus I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray audio release of "Machine Head" to determine which version I should get… ;)

"Machine Head" Blu-ray Audio.???? :yikes

Nosound Teide 2390

image.jpg

I tried playing the label side of my new 4.0 SACD that came today. It sounded like Close Our Eyes. Guess I'll playtime silver side now. Bet it sounds better than the label! :yikes

Hmm, is that like playing one of The Beatles records backwards?

Crowded House Dualdisc

Been wanting this one for a few years now, but I finally got ahold of a good used copy from amazon for around $20.
Loving it so far! I'm sure this will be a '9' when it's all said and done! :)

Bartman 3 and Journey DVD Audios

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 243
Had America-Homecoming and Gavin Harrison-Cheating the Polygraph waiting for me when I got back from my trip this week. Listening session to follow very shortly...

First post! I've been slowly putting in place a workable 5.1 system in my living room – no sub yet and my front L+R speakers are kinda weak still but I've been buying a bunch of discs I otherwise love based on reviews here. So far I have (and like):

Flaming Lips – Yoshimi, Soft Bulletin and At War With the Mystics. Just got TSB so am mostly thinking of the other two. Great packages, lots of discrete channel work. Listening to the 5.1 mix of Race For the Prize (which is a total reinvention) I'm reminded that the FLips' approach to surround is essentially their approach to everything: no holds barred experimentation that would be annoying if it wasn't so fearless and big-hearted.

Todd Rundgren – Liars. Love this record unconditionally. Blue-eyed soul numbers like Afterlife and God Said immerse me best here but Todd's mix also works on the more XTC-ish numbers like Stood Up.

King Crimson – Starless and Larks Tongues boxes (had these already). I love what Steven Wilson has done to the stereo mixes of records like Lizard. Candidly I'm still kind of warming up to his 5.1 mixes of these. May be one of the few mixes where I am noticing that I could use some better speakers.

David Crosby – If I Could Only Remember My Name. This record is a beardo classic and I love all the sumptuous wordless stuff, so the 5.1 treatment here is pretty sweet.

Kraftwerk – Minimum Maximum (video w 5.1 mix). Love this video and the mix is typically pointillistic and precise. German engineering, baby.

Talking Heads – Remain In Light. Such a formative record for me, it's amazing to discover all the parts I never heard. The Great Curve is an early favorite based on how hypnotic the chanting becomes in 5.1.

Surround!

First post! I've been slowly putting in place a workable 5.1 system in my living room – no sub yet and my front L+R speakers are kinda weak still but I've been buying a bunch of discs I otherwise love based on reviews here. So far I have (and like):

Flaming Lips – Yoshimi, Soft Bulletin and At War With the Mystics. Just got TSB so am mostly thinking of the other two. Great packages, lots of discrete channel work. Listening to the 5.1 mix of Race For the Prize (which is a total reinvention) I'm reminded that the FLips' approach to surround is essentially their approach to everything: no holds barred experimentation that would be annoying if it wasn't so fearless and big-hearted.

Todd Rundgren – Liars. Love this record unconditionally. Blue-eyed soul numbers like Afterlife and God Said immerse me best here but Todd's mix also works on the more XTC-ish numbers like Stood Up.

King Crimson – Starless and Larks Tongues boxes (had these already). I love what Steven Wilson has done to the stereo mixes of records like Lizard. Candidly I'm still kind of warming up to his 5.1 mixes of these. May be one of the few mixes where I am noticing that I could use some better speakers.

David Crosby – If I Could Only Remember My Name. This record is a beardo classic and I love all the sumptuous wordless stuff, so the 5.1 treatment here is pretty sweet.

Kraftwerk – Minimum Maximum (video w 5.1 mix). Love this video and the mix is typically pointillistic and precise. German engineering, baby.

Talking Heads – Remain In Light. Such a formative record for me, it's amazing to discover all the parts I never heard. The Great Curve is an early favorite based on how hypnotic the chanting becomes in 5.1.

Surround!

You will soon be addicted, and stereo will become obsolete.

Back