What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, will keep that site in mind :), but yours is stereo (I think) and I bought the surround oop version, don't know if that one can be bought much cheeper than I did :couch .

I didn't notice that...that's a good price for the multi channel...but do keep that site in mind...it's a good place to do business...when surround versions aren't available I look at the SHM-SACD's next..

Open Our Eyes - Earth, Wind & Fire (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Homecoming - America (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Trilogy - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (DVD-A/CD).

Impressive haul, Adam! Check out Trilogy first please. We need some more reviews!

Trilogy - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (DVD-A/CD)

Hallelujah......Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halle.....lu.....jaaaaaaaah :banana:

Just listened once, not that carefully, football had my attention :mad:@:. Sounded good, lots going on and discrete with it. Hopefully will be able to listen again more carefully tomorrow night.

As for the recurring spelling mistake.................really!! "Living Sun" all over the place. For f****ks sake :mad:

As for the recurring spelling mistake.................really!! "Living Sun" all over the place. For f****ks sake :mad:

The deluxe set of Wings' Venus and Mars replaces every instance of 'clavinet' with 'clarinet'. Damn spell check!

Just received this today.....

LUTE should love that I have ventured over.....

image.jpg

Hey! Your post flew under my radar. I just noticed it.

Oh man! I am THRILLED you got some Classical music. I hope you'll get into. It might take a few listenings...spread over time...to fully appreciate a piece of music. Classical music has a way of growing on you, so be patient. And don't be discouraged if a piece of music doesn't do anything for you. It might simply not be your thing. Remember there is a lot of Classical music...written in many different countries during many different eras. It's similar to paintings of art. When I walk through a museum, not every painting moves me. Classical music is the same for me. I just listen to what suits my mood.

These Quad recordings on PentaTone are a little old. The SQ varies from disc to disc. This Symphonie fantastique sounds pretty good. Only occasionally do the strings or brass sound a little too bright. The other Berlioz, "La Damnation de Faust" has more hall reverberence. I also recommend trying some new recordings by TACET, 2L, Sono Luminus, or anything that looks attractive to you.

Happy Listening!

[SIZE=-1]Transmigration - Telarc Hybrid MultiCh SACD:

"Transmigration" - Spano
[/SIZE]
(Barber: Adagio for Strings, Agnus Dei, Higdon: Dooryard Bloom, Corigliano: Elegy, Adams: On the Transmigration of Souls)
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Nmon Ford (baritone), Gwinnett Young Singers, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Choruses, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Robert Spano (conductor)

[/SIZE]
image.jpg[SIZE=-1]

Thanks @Lute :upthumb
[/SIZE]

You like Bob's mastering? I find his stuff is always louder than I like.

Depends. I thought overall his mastering worked really well for this particular album and mix.

On the other hand, he was the mastering engineer for an album like Paul McCartney's "Memory Almost Full", which is so HARSH and DISTORTED that I can't even listen to that album anymore without blood trickling out of my ears…

Rory Gallagher - The very best of Rory Gallagher 2SACD
As i got an renewed interest in Rory i had to get this even if i have all the CDs since before.
It was really worth it because the audio is excellent on this one.
The surround is quite discreet but very good.
I guess we have to wait for a long time for anything else to turn up with Rory in high resolution

Back