What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just dropped on the doormat, Jethro Tull "Minstrel in the Gallery" 40th anniversary : La Grande Edition.

Emerson Lake And Palmer-Trilogy

012.JPG

Queensryche Empire DVD-A 5.1 is in the mail.

Until then, it's just another rainy night without...

image.jpg

Oh yeah!

Kalimba, ooh Kalimba, play me a tune
Kalimba, ooh Kalimba, I'm glad I found you

Yoo-Hoo! :wave

image.jpg

As nice as the previous post's Debussy/Ravel DVDA is, it might be a little hard to come by these days. There are other excellent recordings. This recent PentaTone SACD of a vintage 1974 Quad recording is fantastic! Seiji Ozawa and the Boston Symphony give an inspired performance of these gorgeous works by Ravel. The Quad recording provides a spacious, airy soundstage that suits the impressionistic mood of Ravel's masterworks. The rear channels are discrete.

Highly recommended!

Last edited:
haha.. i hear ya! :p it's on the shopping list (along with a gazillion other things, including lots of the still in print stuff like these Crimson DVD-A's that most of you guys already have!)

Which Crimson DVD-As do you not have yet, Adam?
I'd be happy to point you in the right direction in terms of prioritizing in what order you should finish out the collection. (Or just look at the High-Res poll. It's pretty spot on IMO) :)

Which Crimson DVD-As do you not have yet, Adam?
I'd be happy to point you in the right direction in terms of prioritizing in what order you should finish out the collection. (Or just look at the High-Res poll. It's pretty spot on IMO) :)

Thank you kind sir! :upthumb:

Well I only have Red, Lizard and now Aspic so far.., I'm poised to get In The Court next (I should have got it by now, I know.. a shameful business! :eek: ) but if you think there's a better choice (I love "Lizard" btw) then please do guide me!

King Crimson are another one of the many acts I'd never have embarked upon checking out if it weren't for 5.1/4.0.. but I stopped at two albums rather than "get them all" as they come out (as is my modus operandi with these surround things!).. I saw Aspic for a tenner so seemed right time to get back on the horse years later.. and so now I shall endeavour to "get them all".. :D

Thank you kind sir! :upthumb:

Well I only have Red, Lizard and now Aspic so far.., I'm poised to get In The Court next (I should have got it by now, I know.. a shameful business! :eek: ) but if you think there's a better choice (I love "Lizard" btw) then please do guide me!

King Crimson are another one of the many acts I'd never have embarked upon checking out if it weren't for 5.1/4.0.. but I stopped at two albums rather than "get them all" as they come out (as is my modus operandi with these surround things!).. I saw Aspic for a tenner so seemed right time to get back on the horse years later.. and so now I shall endeavour to "get them all".. :D

I'd go with this order myself:

1) "In the Court of the Crimson King"
2) "Discipline"
3) "Islands"
4) "Starless & Bible Black" (2 upmixes)
5) "In the Wake of Poseidon" (Devil's Triangle is upmixed)

If you can find the Court box for a good price, get that! It's not nearly as expensive as the Larks, Starless, or Red boxes but still has plenty of great content to enjoy! :)

Earth, Wind & Fire - Open Our Eyes - SACD - looking forward to giving this one a spin..

Back