What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my copy yesterday from a 3rd party vendor via Amazon US. What a very nice sounding recording & mix. It's exactly what I thought it would be and I'm pleased with it.

81Uh8YEzE2L._SX425_.jpg

How many more concords left Mr. Adam-Blue? You must have most rof them now?

That's a very good question.. so far got 20 with the white spines (plus the Mancini & Ray Charles that come in SJB's.. and Poncho w/orange spine).. I must check! :upthumb

Edit: 26 out of 37 (I forgot a couple, including the Chick Corea/Rendezvous in Digipak)

That's a very good question.. so far got 20 with the white spines (plus the Mancini & Ray Charles that come in SJB's.. and Poncho w/orange spine).. I must check! :upthumb

Edit: 26 out of 37 (I forgot a couple, including the Chick Corea/Rendezvous in Digipak)

Actually the Mancini and Ray Charles SACDs on Concord now come in regular size SACD Jewel Boxes. You may have to buy them again.... :)

Actually the Mancini and Ray Charles SACDs on Concord now come in regular size SACD Jewel Boxes. You may have to buy them again.... :)
Yeah - my Ray Charles is a large hinge SACD case....

Gotta get em all Fredblue...

Oh dear lord.. :mad:@: I think I'll quit while I'm behind with those two but thanks for the tip off! :upthumb

That Mancini disc is excellent though.. hmm.. ;)

The M-C Maven meant (I think!?) that those two are/were available in both the SACD SJB's and the DVD-A sized SJB Plus cases.. rather than slight hinge variations.. it's a world of difference! :D ;)
Actually I think they came in regular cd jewel cases & the sacd large hinge super jewel...

Regular SJB SACD of Ray Charles Genius Loves Company..

View attachment 17984

DVD-A sized SJB Plus SACD of the same..

View attachment 17985
Whaaa - An SACD in a DVD-A case!!! :confused:

I'm pretty sure it (also) came in a regular CD case - like the other Concords... I think my bro has that one... could just be age onset dementia though.... I'll check next time I'm at his place....

I'm pretty sure it (also) came in a regular CD case - like the other Concords... I think my bro has that one... could just be age onset dementia though.... I'll check next time I'm at his place....

I have the one that is in a DVD-A type case...

Ha! Yes! Genius Loves Company/ Ray Charles & Ultimate Mancini SACDs both came in DVD-A sized case and SACD sized case variations.. IDK why! Mr.Moura the MultiChannel Maven probably knows the backstory.

You're probably right and it came in a regular jewel case too, I'd love to see it if that's what he has! I never stop learning with this game! :D

I got really lucky today at Grimey's in Nashville as here's what I walked away with:

King Crimson "Live at the Orpheum" CD/DVD-A

AND…

Nosound "Teide 2390" CD/DVD-A!

I thought this wasn't supposed to be out until April 13th, so I was a little surprised to see it out and about in an American record store a week before release, but as it was a surround DVD-A, I went for it.
Looking forward to playing it this coming week! :)

Nosound "Teide 2390" CD/DVD-A!

I thought this wasn't supposed to be out until April 13th, so I was a little surprised to see it out and about in an American record store a week before release, but as it was a surround DVD-A, I went for it.
Looking forward to playing it this coming week! :)

A nice little shout-out to QQ towards the end of the booklet:
Thanks to the guys on QQ (Mike, Duncan, Robert and the others) for the help with highres audio and DVD-A testing

Yes this time will be fine..received it and tested it from production, all was good :)

There was a misunderstanding on Kscope about the release date, so some places got it two weeks ahead of release date (as well as digital), while all preorders from our shop will be shipped I think this week with the signed postcards and guitar picks.

Listening to it again after a couple of months I was really satisfied..is a faithful reproduction of our sound and music on stage!

Back