What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poncho Sanchez - Conga Blue (y)

MI0002469314.jpg

What labels the Mahler 5th Brett? :violin

(Ps. Lovin the new emoticons! :popcorn )

It was a Supraphon Quad recording from July 1976. I believe it was originally released in 1978. This 4.0/2.0 hybrid SACD was released by Columbia Music Entertainment in 2006.

I like the new emoticons, too. But...

How about including some cute, gentle feminine ones?

Even some simple hearts, flowers, stars, cute animals...would be a nice addition. :eek:

It was a Supraphon Quad recording from July 1976. I believe it was originally released in 1978. This 4.0/2.0 hybrid SACD was released by Columbia Music Entertainment in 2006.

I like the new emoticons, too. But...

How about including some cute, gentle feminine ones?

Even some simple hearts, flowers, stars, cute animals...would be a nice addition. :eek:

Thank you! (y)

Good grief, those Supraphon's may well be the Classical equivalent of the Scorpions SACD! £500!? :yikes
(I just grabbed a Janacek Supraphon 4-Ch job for a slightly more palatable €30.. the cheapest I could find one of these puppies.. to see whether the rest are worth going on a safari hunt for.. talk about rare..!!) :spot

Oh yes! I'd love some girlyemoticons! :eek:

Thank you! (y)

Good grief, those Supraphon's may well be the Classical equivalent of the Scorpions SACD! £500!? :yikes
(I just grabbed a Janacek Supraphon 4-Ch job for a slightly more palatable €30.. the cheapest I could find one of these puppies.. to see whether the rest are worth going on a safari hunt for.. talk about rare..!!) :spot

Oh yes! I'd love some girlyemoticons! :eek:

I am just listening to the M5 now...and really glad I went for it. It's pretty immersive. I am not sure if this would classify as a 360 degree surround recording that Mr. Mowrey was referring to on SACD.net. But, the rear channels have a lot of information...much more than your normal ambient classical Mch SACD. I am definitely gonna try to track down some more of these. I don't know your taste in music yet, especially with classical... but I'll let you know if I find any good leads.

Just went to another all day/nighter last Saturday.

Girl power all the way! :wave

These Supraphon SACDs aren't nearly as pricey as Esoteric's past releases. In a used shop here Dvorak 9th - Kretesz was going for $500. And that store is very reasonable with their pricing.

On amazon it's going for http://www.amazon.de/dp/B001O8QBKU/?tag=sacdinfocom-21

Oh God in Heaven..!! :slap: (you realise every disc you mention goes on the neverending shopping list... ;) :p )

I am just listening to the M5 now...and really glad I went for it. It's pretty immersive. I am not sure if this would classify as a 360 degree surround recording that Mr. Mowrey was referring to on SACD.net. But, the rear channels have a lot of information...much more than your normal ambient classical Mch SACD. I am definitely gonna try to track down some more of these. I don't know your taste in music yet, especially with classical... but I'll let you know if I find any good leads.

Just went to another all day/nighter last Saturday.

Girl power all the way! :wave

Sounds great! (y) my tastes..? Oh, I like it all every which way :eek:

Received Winelight SACD a couple of days ago from import cds. Got it for a really good price too. Played it a few times. It's pretty average music, nothing to get too excited about but for the price, and with a surround mix too, it's just fine.

And I'm still not ordering Bread.

I MUST have it! :ebay (I don't want it, I don't need it.. but I must have it..!!! :popcorn

The Souvenir D'Italie DVDA is a beautiful recording that's well worth having. I love the music, performance and surround mix. But, please don't spend a fortune on it. :violin

Oh God in Heaven..!! :slap: (you realise every disc you mention goes on the neverending shopping list... ;) :p )

And... YOU realize that every disc you post has the same effect on ME... :mad:@:

Don't sweat over those OOP Esoteric SACDs. They are all older recordings that will be reissued again...probably on SHM-SACDs or... which will probably have a REAL DSD remastering. I only buy the ones with music that I am interested in.

If you've really got to have Esoteric's SACDs, it's best to buy them when just come out. After they sell out in a few months, the price goes through the roof. Don't ask me why! They have some kind of strange cult following here.. :alienrob:

Last edited:
Back