What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a lot of prog music in today!

First up is the 2CD/DVDA-V set of Gong's new album "Rejoice, I'm Dead!" which arrived today from Burning Shed.
I had no time to pop in the DVD before work, but I listened to some of the CD on my commute today, and it seems like a very good album. Can't wait to hear it in surround tomorrow!

Also in the mail (from the Great White North, thanks to QQ member peterzach) was the long sought-after Multichannel SACD of Nektar's classic album "Remember the Future".
So glad to finally have this one in my possession! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil Young - Red rocks Live Friends + Relatives 2000 - DVD-A
I found this cheep and couldn´t resist buying it even if i already have it on DVD.
The audio has not impressed me before so i didn´t excpect anything revolutionary to happen even if the audio isn´t lossy on this one.
But i got at least one song that that wasn´t released on the DVD.
On the other hand the DVD had many more songs than this disc which is the main reason for me to not buy it when it was released.

But now i didn´t hesitate!
After all it´s Neil Young, it is surround and it was cheep.

Barclay James Harvest - Gone to Earth 2CD+DVD-A

dcy7iiapkm2fh2fkl.jpg

Marillion - FEAR Hybrid SACD

dcr85sm8bz2ynoms5.jpg

The SACD has a terrible mch. mix, not great :(

Added another one to the collection. I think all I'm missing is Exciter.

$_1.JPG

Nice! How on earth did you manage that?
I'm still trying to find both "52nd Street" and "The Stranger" for decent prices. Maybe one day! :)
I follow a guy at a Swedish auction site, think a smaller ebay, he occasionaly put up these gems for auction, and somehow this one stayed quite cold, it was only me and another one bidding. It says 1998 on the copyright, but that must be wrong, since the first sacd came out in 1999?

Whoa!!
Obviously he did NOT know the selling price for this...very happy for you..I LOOOVE both Billy Joel's MCH SACDs

The review on HRAudio isn't exactly glowing. Thankfully I took no notice. The disc for me is an absolute belter with a wonderful surround mix making full use of the rear speakers. I think both performance and recording are superb. VERY highly recommended.

Milano Saxophone Quartet - Musica Ficta - ARS Produktion - 5.1 & stereo SACD

71%2BL8-E8Q1L._SL1228_.jpg

Great reviews of this performance, and in 5.1 DSD! 2 hours and 20 minutes of some of Beethoven's finest...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 189
J.S. Bach - The Brandenburg Concertos (SACD)

English Chamber Orchestra
Johannes Somary, conductor
(1975)

Back