What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wired - Jeff Beck (MultiChannel SACD)

Full_Size_Render_26.jpg

I'm now the proud owner of a "Toto IV" Multichannel SACD!

It would be nice if it was the hybrid SACD, but at least I now have the Elliot Scheiner surround mix that I have longed to hear!

So far, it doesn't appear to be his best mix, but it's still good enough to have! :)

I'm now the proud owner of a "Toto IV" Multichannel SACD!

It would be nice if it was the hybrid SACD, but at least I now have the Elliot Scheiner surround mix that I have longed to hear!

So far, it doesn't appear to be his best mix, but it's still good enough to have! :)

Sweet! What did you pay if I may ask?

Love and marriage! Love to this incredible label for taking such good care of my 20 year old marriage to this band.

IMG_1286.jpg

Boy, I really have been on a lucky streak this year!
I'm currently with my parents in Birmingham, AL for the Thanksgiving Holiday today and tomorrow, so while I was here, I tried to make it out to a few local record stores to see if I could find anything of value.
So I'm at Renaissance Records, and there's crates of CDs everywhere, and as I'm going through these crates, I could not believe what I found.
I found the Carpenters Singles 1969-1981 Multichannel SACD for only $6!
So of course I bought it as I have been searching for this SACD for quite time. Can't play it yet of course as I'm in a hotel room but once I get back to my apt tomorrow evening, I'll definitely give it a spin! :)

Boy, I really have been on a lucky streak this year!
I'm currently with my parents in Birmingham, AL for the Thanksgiving Holiday today and tomorrow, so while I was here, I tried to make it out to a few local record stores to see if I could find anything of value.
So I'm at Renaissance Records, and there's crates of CDs everywhere, and as I'm going through these crates, I could not believe what I found.
I found the Carpenters Singles 1969-1981 Multichannel SACD for only $6!
So of course I bought it as I have been searching for this SACD for quite time. Can't play it yet of course as I'm in a hotel room but once I get back to my apt tomorrow evening, I'll definitely give it a spin! :)

What a find! Wow.

Dutton Vocalion Quad Batch Number 1.. :banana:

Hugo Montenegro - Hugo In WonderLand/Neil's Diamonds,
Michel Legrand - 20 Songs Of The Century,
Percy Faith - Chinatown/Romeo & Juliet,
Ray Conniff - Laughter In The Rain/Love Will Keep Us Together

So excited to have in this Hybrid SACD format one of my fave soundtraks:
In The Mood For Love (Wan Kar Wai)
The Rough Dancer And The Cyclical Night - Astor Piszzolla (several tracks used in Happy Together Wan Kar Wai's film)

The first is a step up vs the RBCD version, I didn't know Piazzolla so is my first album (no reference). Both sound amazing!:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 256
I picked up "Beneath the Waves" by Kompendium (CD/DVDA-V) at the post office today, and it looks like "Wired" has also arrived too! :)

Heck yeah! This was sitting in my mailbox this afternoon....perfect shipped condition. DeepDiscount placed in a very oversized cardboard sleeve, easily protecting all corners. :)

D6AAF4D2-B989-4197-8FC4-68FDDD28828B.jpg

Got my WIRED SACD from Best Buy a few days ago in perfect shape (and good usage of a $10 off coupon I usually don't know what to do with!) sounds excellent - all instruments so well defined as is the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my WIRED SACD from Best Buy a few days ago in perfect shape (and good usage of a $10 off coupon I usually don't know what to do with!) sounds excellent - all instruments so well defined as is the mix.

I'm mostly confused when you all talk about getting these discs, etc from Best Buy. Surely they don't stock them...do they list them online? I've mostly given up on Best Buy for any music stuff. Are they somehow in the game?

So excited to have in this Hybrid SACD format one of my fave soundtraks:
In The Mood For Love (Wan Kar Wai)
The Rough Dancer And The Cyclical Night - Astor Piszzolla (several tracks used in Happy Together Wan Kar Wai's film)

The first is a step up vs the RBCD version, I didn't know Piazzolla so is my first album (no reference). Both sound amazing!:banana:

are these in Surround..?

I'm mostly confused when you all talk about getting these discs, etc from Best Buy. Surely they don't stock them...do they list them online? I've mostly given up on Best Buy for any music stuff. Are they somehow in the game?

They stock very little in the stores, but online offer typical popular titles but also some surprises like this Japanese import.

I was trying to get both "The Stranger" and "52nd Street" SACDs on eBay. Lost the former but won the latter. Only about $30! :)

Back