Yes - The Yes Album (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix) DVD-A / Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could get our German friend to bring some beers too, but he is being very quiet at the moment, he doesn't seem to have posted here for a while.

:brew

Next week I will hear the blu. I read here about small bass an low level. If it`s like CTTE, I think I must give a critic that most of you will throw a brick over the sea to germany ;)

I think iMachine is in a bit of a quandary(a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation) :smokin

1. He is probably still waiting for the postman. Ya know things go a bit slower in Bavaria.;)

2. When he listens to TYA in 5.1 he will know it is a perfect 10 but he'll probably run & hide under the bed until one of his kids fetch him.... cause he will worry that if he votes a 10, I will have influenced him. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I do think he is out drinking & dancing to a certain blend of German techno-reggae dance music...

So we need to be very kind to the lad since he seems to be in a bit of a jam at the moment. (y)

View attachment 13848

Well, I'm on vacation at a farm near bavaria :).
So I will have my first listen tomorrow evening.

Be patient....after one week of mooohs (cows) and määähs (sheeps) my ears are clean and not influenced by other recordings. It will be a big party. I'm sure. :).

What really frustrated me is the message, that we will not get all 70s recordings.
Perhaps if the others sell good. So I need to buy more copies :).

I want my GFTO!

image.jpg

We can't wait till you return from Holiday m8, :)

That place looks like a truly peaceful & beautiful area to relax. You are very lucky.

I share your grave concern about GFTO in 5.1. We simply must have that one.

Thinking about possible YES in 5.1. It was amazing to learn that SW has taken on 1970 - 1974, since he is so busy. I do think though that it would be a certainty that if the 70-74 series of YES sell with any success than somebody, SW or Jakko or other will do GFTO. I don't think there is any doubt about GFTO's position in the YES canon.

I share your love of GFTO. I started to buy YES records in 1976 so GFTO was the first YES LP I bought when it actually came out. And yes, it has Awaken on it which in many ways may be YES' truest piece of music.

We need to keep the faith and really promote the YES 5.1 releases as best we can to make sure the record label keeps the 5.1 remix project going, through Going For The One. (y)

We can't wait till you return from Holiday m8, :)

That place looks like a truly peaceful & beautiful area to relax. You are very lucky.

I share your grave concern about GFTO in 5.1. We simply must have that one.

Thinking about possible YES in 5.1. It was amazing to learn that SW has taken on 1970 - 1974, since he is so busy. I do think though that it would be a certainty that if the 70-74 series of YES sell with any success than somebody, SW or Jakko or other will do GFTO. I don't think there is any doubt about GFTO's position in the YES canon.

I share your love of GFTO. I started to buy YES records in 1976 so GFTO was the first YES LP I bought when it actually came out. And yes, it has Awaken on it which in many ways may be YES' truest piece of music.

We need to keep the faith and really promote the YES 5.1 releases as best we can to make sure the record label keeps the 5.1 remix project going, through Going For The One. (y)

I'm very surprised about GFTO. I wouldn't know the figures, but I would have thought that GFTO was one of Yes's best selling albums. We have to have it :howl

Photos deleted as requested.

Can we please delete the comments about venereal disease? For me that is where I draw the line. :mad:@:

Last edited:
Photos deleted as requested.

P.S. If anybody is still waiting for their copy. I got mine from Steven Wilson's website last Wednesday and from Burning Shed, yesterday. I pre-ordered both, btw.

Last edited:
Dennis, the choices are to tough for the above quiz that you gave us, maybe its a secret code and you are a closet 80's music lover after all. Lets see you chose to go with 3 questions and you could have gone with numbers for those questions but no you went with lettering. Lets see the letters are a and then b and then c, I think I got it the answer is ABC, :)

p.s.

You guys are so lucky to have gotten your copies of Yes already, still waiting, hopefully this week.

You have all of our sympathies. Many of us have been there.

Wow. What a day. After listening to it the first time really enjoying it, my wife sat to me (we just arrived from the farm) that she doesn't love me anymore. :confused:
Now it's 5 o'clock in the morning and my first impression is totally weird.
I cannot vote now.
I'm smashed down to earth.

Dennis, the choices are to tough for the above quiz that you gave us, maybe its a secret code and you are a closet 80's music lover after all. Lets see you chose to go with 3 questions and you could have gone with numbers for those questions but no you went with lettering. Lets see the letters are a and then b and then c, I think I got it the answer is ABC, :)

p.s.

You guys are so lucky to have gotten your copies of Yes already, still waiting, hopefully this week.

patience-500x250.jpg
Your ears will eventually be rewarded :)

received mine the other day and got to listen to it over the weekend. overall very impressed with the mix. sound quality is better than expected. at loud volumes this multi-channel recording really shines.

Oooops, excuse me. I apologize.
I thought I was in a thread for grown ups posting their impressions of the latest Yes release by Steven Wilson.
Apparently I've Red Dwarfed to a MySpace page from 2002.
Love the pics of shipping packs, car wrecks and vacation spots, etc., please post more! :rolleyes:

Guys, PLEASE, keep the "funny stuff" in the forum and out of the poll threads. These threads are for people looking for info on a title, not for chuckles or funny jpgs.
PLEASE

Sorry, Jon, I didn't mean any trouble. I thought I was staying inside the line with my photo of the package from England. Some people are still waiting so I thought I'd provide a time table for the shipping time. The Britney Spears thing just popped into my mind, all of a sudden, like...

YES are my favorite band on the planet so I prolly won't get the big sugar-rush with other 5.1 releases.

About the difference in packaging, I think it is great to have a difference. So a customer can associate his purchase with either format. I love the paper sleeve Bluray(which i have) and I love the plastic inserts to protect the discs in the DVD-A purchase. Outstanding work by the packaging people. Thanks for the photos. I'm not just being a "YES homer". I think the package is great, but my favorite style is the ELP fold-out style that were the 1st two 5.1 remixes.

@leevitalone1: You are off your rocker if you think that chap was me. i let my wife do all the dressing up at my place...

@milt: My sincere apologies if I put you off. I love YES, they bring such joy to my life. YES in 5.1 is a dream come true. One thing though, you've chimed in here twice with your little wise cracks. You are kinda wasting everybody's time as well. I guess you never thought of that. A sense of humor is a healthy part of being a grown up. Me, I survived a pretty horrible health issue and I celebrate my 2nd chance with a spot of humor. Maybe you could look for a little laugh here and there in your life?

@wavelength: What do you mean by abusive? On the count of it being made of paper?

Wow. What a day. After listening to it the first time really enjoying it, my wife sat to me (we just arrived from the farm) that she doesn't love me anymore. :confused:
Now it's 5 o'clock in the morning and my first impression is totally weird.
I cannot vote now.
I'm smashed down to earth.
I've been married 37 years. Trust me, there were times when my wife didn't love me and there were times when I didn't love her. Now we both love each other a lot.

Back