Yes - The Yes Album (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix) DVD-A / Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And although i acknowledge that Topographic Oceans is not the best thing Yes ever did...

HUh? What do you mean, Tales is not the best thing Yes ever did? I do not understand this words... :mad:@:

i had some friends over this past weekend and late on saturday night i put on the 5.1 version of the yes album. i put it up to a nice comfortable, but still loud sound level. everyone thought it sounded amazing and was immensly engrossed in the music for the entire album. i rate it a sold 10.

See my votings.
CTTE: 10
TYA: 10

I trust Mr. Moore's votes. He is almost always right unless he is bashing 80's music.
He gives a 10 only when it is well deserved!

(y)

Thank you my friend!

You are so kind to notice and spread the word of the mastery of YES music in 5.1. :banana:

I think using numbers 1-10 is not good enough. 1 - 100 works much better ... for example

CTTE would be about an 87. As an overall satisfying experience it would rate it a bit higher. I would think Wilson did do about the best he could have. I do think the original recordings are what's holding this back some. Yes were rapidly evolving and perhaps they were going to fast for the engineer to capture them as fully as hoped for. There was talk of how they looked in the trash to find pieces of tape that were discarded. ...I could go on. It may be Yes themselves that's the reason this is not a 95. I love this CTTE 5.1 mix and by default, it would be my desert album choice.

TYA is a solid 92. The clarity is astonishing. The overdubbed , overlapped or what ever you want to call it drum parts are great. As well as nearly everything is. There is a lot of goodness in these 5.1 mixes.

It would be very hard to achieve a score of 100.

Originally I agree with many about not needing Fragile next. I do have the older surround dvda.. ... Maybe it will be next or soon from Wilson, so we can complete these Bruford recordings. The proposed guesses that GFTO may be next Panegyric release, - what if SOMEONE ELSE is mixing that... understand? I am personally hoping for Tales. but Wilson does need to get Fragile done as well.

Back