DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Defective Original Disc) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [First Issue]

• Total voters
Has anyone contacted Amazon UK to see if it's possible to just get a replacement disc (a la Amazon Germany) instead of having to return the whole set?

Has anyone contacted Amazon UK to see if it's possible to just get a replacement disc (a la Amazon Germany) instead of having to return the whole set?

I tried to see if they could send the replacement disk and to me it does not make sense what they did but they refunded me the money for it and said keep it. To me that doesn't make good business sense so I now have a free copy of the Mewtulated version of TAAB and still wondering how to get the correct version. I don't feel like taking a chance on ordering another copy as it might be the same defective one.

I emailed Amazon USA just before Christmas asking about a replacement and got a convoluted answer that left me totally confused. I just checked the website and they have the set listed twice now - the original one that's still "under review" and a new listing with a Jan 2/13 release date. I'm going to wait until after that date and follow up with them and see what I'm supposed to do....if I don't get a clear answer I'll just take a refund and order from Burning Shed.

The ordering problem is with the pages displayed "on-screen", when it gets to display pages 4-5 you get page 5 then page 4...:mad:@:
Listening to the fixed version now... Courtesy of my brother and Burning Shed... I'll have to e-mail EMI & shame Amazon UK for not sending me a replacement.

Sounds better!!!

FYI - The issue with the pages being out of order isn't fixed...:mad: Not that you can read them anyway!

P.S. I couldn't see any difference between the replacement disc (label) & original.. So if you're buying a fixed version I'd get it direct from one of the major distributors (Amazon, Burning Shed etc...)

The replacement DVD is much better than the original. Rear speakers are more up in the mix, drums sound better, as do acoustic guitars.

I did not A/B'ed the whole album, just the first 10 minutes, but overall a better sound. Receivedd the replacement from EMI Germany.

You're right. The sound is not so bright and harsh than the first release. The flanger on drums from 5:00 to 10:00 has been left.

This was posted over in the SH forum, I guess I'll try going this route:

If a consumer that resides in USA requires a replacement disc, they should send an email to: [email protected]
The consumer should be prepared to provide proof of purchase, name and address and a replacement product will be mailed to them.

Should a customer want to return product, they may contact Capitol Customer Service at 800-914-8257 and pick-up can be arranged or sent back through the Capitol Returns Center in Franklin, IN.

The email address doesn't work

That figures huh.

I just tried sending to that address and to the same @emimusic.com...got a reject on the second address but not the one from the SH forums. So I guess I wait a few days and see if I get any kind of response????

The corrected 5.1 DTS recording is vastly superior to the botched up version. Will there be a new poll set up for the replacement disc?

Also, I wonder if it would be worth while to taunt EMI about the reversed channels on "A Space in Time"? LOL

Safest bet seems to be buying from Burning Shed, they know the score and according to their website are selling corrected versions.

As soon as my December VISA statement dates passes (Jan.5) I'm going to get this one.

Listening to the fixed version now... Courtesy of my brother and Burning Shed... I'll have to e-mail EMI & shame Amazon UK for not sending me a replacement.

Sounds better!!!

FYI - The issue with the pages being out of order isn't fixed...:mad: Not that you can read them anyway!

P.S. I couldn't see any difference between the replacement disc (label) & original.. So if you're buying a fixed version I'd get it direct from one of the major distributors (Amazon, Burning Shed etc...)

still waiting to hear from Amazon UK about that replacement.. :(

in other news, is that the Gotan Project SACD I spy there..?!?!? ;) ;)

I called the store where I bought the set and they said they will replace the whole set with a new one.
Reading the replys here I understand that the replacement discs look the same as the original discs, but what about the full set/box? Is there any way to tell if the new one is corrected or not? I'd hate to come home and find that the replacement is a faulty one.

I called the store where I bought the set and they said they will replace the whole set with a new one.
Reading the replys here I understand that the replacement discs look the same as the original discs, but what about the full set/box? Is there any way to tell if the new one is corrected or not? I'd hate to come home and find that the replacement is a faulty one.

still no word from Amazon UK, or EMI UK, on replacements.. :(

still no word from Amazon UK, or EMI UK, on replacements.. :(

Can't understand why international companies act like expected in one country (Germany, easy replacement) and fail bad in others. It is the same product with the same errors worldwide. Perhaps the strict customer rights in Germany force them in the right direction...

Markus

Safest bet seems to be buying from Burning Shed, they know the score and according to their website are selling corrected versions.

Apparently problems persist, specifically that some of the presumed fixed discs are actually still the orginal flawed ones. Burning Shed now shows this item 'out of stock' again and the supposedly fixed listing on Amazon US that was due to be available today is also listed as 'out of stock'. The saga continues .......

I emailed Amazon UK and they asked that I return the set and I will get a full refund, which is what I have just done. They can't provide a replacement as it is unavailable from the suppliers. So I'm going to order from Burning Shed.

Well, I got a reply from EMI USA!

Dear Sir

You have provided us with enough information to initiate your replacement
process.

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of your items.

Thank you for your patience as we try to correct this situation and again we
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

EMI Quality Assurance

Back