DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Defective Original Disc) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [First Issue]

• Total voters
Mine came today too, and I've just tossed it in the player. Been waiting ages to hear this - the defective set arrived way back in November and I didn't even want to open it until I got the right disc in case I ended up having to send it back to amazon. I'm only 3 minutes in and really like what I'm hearing.

For those who have received replacements, were they from EMI? Or from places like Burning Shed?

For those who have received replacements, were they from EMI? Or from places like Burning Shed?

Mine came from EMI, my original order was through Amazon USA.

For those who received their replacement copies, how did you receive it?

It came in the mail, via USPS in a standard bubble envelope. Just the replacement DVD in a simple white cd sleeve.

Now if you mean what I had to do to get them to send me a replacement, as stated earlier in the thread, I sent email to [email protected] with proof of my original purchase (in my case I scanned the packing slip from my Amazon order as well as a copy of the order page from the web). They then acknowledged that I had provided sufficient info and mailed the new disc.

Well mine came directly from Burning Shed with no intervention required on my part. Others have been ordering them from EMI. The only Amazon affiliate that sent them out directly to my knowledge was Germany, but I'm happy to be corrected on this point.

I just listened to the corrected disc. Wow, what a difference. I still don't understand how the original release got so screwed up. Anyway, I'm thrilled that they followed through with this flat-transfer replacement. SW has done his usual masterful job with the mix. An absolute treat to hear. A 10 for me.

Mine came from EMI, my original order was through Amazon USA.

It came in the mail, via USPS in a standard bubble envelope. Just the replacement DVD in a simple white cd sleeve.

Now if you mean what I had to do to get them to send me a replacement, as stated earlier in the thread, I sent email to [email protected] with proof of my original purchase (in my case I scanned the packing slip from my Amazon order as well as a copy of the order page from the web). They then acknowledged that I had provided sufficient info and mailed the new disc.

I can confirm the same as well - My disc showed up less than a week after receiving the acknowledgement from EMI that I provided sufficient info ( a copy of my online order from Amazon US). EMI has ownership of the original screwup but they should receive credit for making the corrected discs available without any drama.

Received my disc very quickly from EMI after getting the confirmation email. Had a listen this weekend and it sounds great!

I can confirm the same as well - My disc showed up less than a week after receiving the acknowledgement from EMI that I provided sufficient info ( a copy of my online order from Amazon US). EMI has ownership of the original screwup but they should receive credit for making the corrected discs available without any drama.

+1
Got mine today...another happy camper.

I applied for a replacement disc via Amazon UK on Tuesday and a replacement set arrived yesterday with a request to return the original set (without any charge). Impressive service from Amazon and it's good to see that EMI actually took notice of the complaints.(y)

I listened to the DTS surround mix on the replacement disc and it sounds much better, although still a bit too bright for my taste. The surround mix also sounds like some limiting or compression was used in the mixing process because the dynamics are nothing like the original. It sounds like much of today's other remastered recordings from yesteryear in that regard. I found it a bit fatiguing to the ears. One thing I noticed that I missed before is the edit that occurs on the vocal track on Part 2 where Ian Anderson sings "The summer lightning casts its bolts upon you..." The vocal edit is not apparent on the original 1972 master. Working from tapes that were 40 years old I can imagine what the difficulties might have been. The new surround mix as a whole is quite faithful to the original stereo mix. I have not listened to the new stereo mix so it's hard to compare apples and oranges but I have to say I think I still prefer the flat transfer of the original stereo master, which I listened to right after I listened to the DTS surround mix.

Got my response from EMI back on Jan 2nd - still waiting (though, to be fair, am still within the 2-4 week window).

Has anyone bought this from Best Buy? I'm wondering if they have the corrected version.

I "bought" this last week through the CitiCards "Thank You" rewards program. Fulfillment was by Best Buy. My DVD had the glitches. EMI has already responded to my e-mail and will send a replacement.

J. D.

Yes, mine arrived via Burning Shed. No fuss, just sent in a box. That reminds me, I haven't listened right through the replacement yet!

Geoff

I purchased mine from Best Buy and lost the receipt , i emailed EMI and they said to scan the disk and supply your mailing address! so im waiting for it.

Are you sure that is correct email address.....I tried to send it twice and received undeliverable message.

Yes, it's the correct email address but they must have the entire aol.com domain blocked. I suggest you do what I did and sign up for a free gmail.com account and send your request from there. It worked for me!

Back