MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primus- "Sailing The Seas of Cheese" ...haven't got there yet...
and
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- "Damn the Torpedoes"...not a lot going on in the rears but great sound quality..

View attachment 11479

Sounds amazing but I have one query. Why are the instrumentals stereo only? I mean, the tracks have already been mixed into 5.1 so couldn't the instrumentals be derived from those mixes? Capacity wouldn't be an issue, so I'm curious as to why this opportunity was missed?

Not a complaint at all, just trying to understand why :)

OK, after many a years...SW and PT are starting to sink in (still no memorable melodies, but memorable licks galore!)..
and after watching his latest live video "Get all you deserve" several times (LOVE Nick....!!!), found that the BluRay GFD really cheap new, so I bit the bait and went for it..prolly get it tomorrow-amaz*n UK delivers quite fast!!!!

"Get All You Deserve" is one of my favorites and most played concerts. :cool:

the band is impeccable and being a bass and Stick player myself, I know that Nick Beggs kicks some serious ass...also regarding the "stage presence" aspect , he is a great onstage foil to SW, NB is smiling and posing , etc...love 'im...

On the advice of fredblue, I picked this up from eBay for £3.50!

Seems ok so far :)

994925_10151983218990499_567817549_n.jpg

Just getting into Marillion over last couple of months. These guys are very good!

Live From Cadogan Hall (Mostly Acoustic) mostly from 'Less Is More' album - The Blu-ray also includes a 96kHz/24Bit stereo version of the studio album (Less is More).
marillion-live-from-cadogan-hall.jpg

Promo:
[video=youtube;fhSzH2Q8ltw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSzH2Q8ltw[/video]

I've been on a 'discovery tour' for new surround music. Over last year or so found Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema and now Marillion!

Also just arrived: Marillion: Holidays in Zelande (3 disc Blu-ray set)
marillion-holidays-in-zelande.jpg

Both these Blu-ray releases recorded in DTS-HDMA 5.1 96kHz with excellent sound quality although mainly ambient rears. Highly recommended! Both awesome concerts and worth many repeat viewings/listenings.

Not sure why it's taken me this long to find these guys. They've been around for over 20 years

Les Marquises - Jacques Brel (HFPA BD-A).

For £12 its about £100 cheaper than the SACD! It may lack the 5.1 of the SACD but that mix is only double stereo anyway so I'm more than happy with this, plus it has 7 bonus tracks (though unlike the album itself they're not in 96/24, as the liner notes explain).

My copy of Drive Home arrived on Monday, fittingly the day after seeing Mr Wilson live at the Albert Hall :)

large3968.jpg

Today I picked up the Blu Ray of Peter Gabriel's Live in Athens '87 gig with the bonus 'Play' DVD. I saw Peter on Monday night at the O2 Arena and was just blown away and even though I have this '87 gig on DVD as part of the 'So' box set, having it in HD video and audio was too tempting, and the 'Play' DVD sealed the deal.

Cover-Peter-Gabriel-Live-In-Athens-1987.jpg

For those that might be interested, They filmed the two gigs at the O2 on Monday and Tuesday for the specific purpose of making a concert movie. The director came out before the show and got us to do some unusual stuff which was quite amusing and I guess it will all make sense when you see the film. It's certainly going to be on my Xmas list ;)

In the meantime, I ordered the Encore CD of the Monday night gig as the performance was utterly incredible :)

https://petergabriel.com/news/tumblr-post/62336865318/back-to-front-2013-encore-series/

Joe Bonamassa - Tour de Force, live at Royal Albert Hall, blu ray. Released Monday, arrived with me yesterday. This is a seriously good blu ray of an amazing concert. The DTS HD Master Audio sound in 5.1 is crystal clear, with some good use of the rears too.

Back