MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van The Man - Moondance - Finally!!!

Listening now - for the first time :yikes.... Oh - OK, I do know (at least) the Moondance track...:eek: (EDIT: and Caravan)...

This just landed on my doormat :)

1462958_10152058440570499_1332468460_n.jpg

That's not fair - my doormat's at home, but I'm at work! I see Amazon are showing the Nonsuch bluray as now being out of stock.

Here's hoping it's there waiting for you :)

It's a very well put together package, both in terms of packaging and on screen menus.

But the most impressive thing, and rightly so, is the sound which is nothing short of stunning.

Most encouraging is the inclusion of the text "XTC - The Surround Series" on the cover ;) A series is a very good thing. Roll on 'Drums and Wires' and 'English Settlement' :banana:

Here's hoping it's there waiting for you :)

It's a very well put together package, both in terms of packaging and on screen menus.

But the most impressive thing, and rightly so, is the sound which is nothing short of stunning.

Most encouraging is the inclusion of the text "XTC - The Surround Series" on the cover ;) A series is a very good thing. Roll on 'Drums and Wires' and 'English Settlement' :banana:

My wife has just reported in that my doormat is in receipt of Nonsuch bluray :banana: I wonder if Suffolk and Chelmsford have the same postman?! Hopefully that postman will be delivering Close to the Edge this time next week :cool:!

My wife has just reported in that my doormat is in receipt of Nonsuch bluray :banana: I wonder if Suffolk and Chelmsford have the same postman?! Hopefully that postman will be delivering Close to the Edge this time next week :cool:!

Well, we're not too far apart! ;)

Pull a sickie and get yourself home. This is a real sonic treat! :)

Steven Wilson - Drive Home - It was on the shelf in my local store!!!

And how is it?!

Hm, I need to listen more times.
After the first round I'm not very impressed with the 5.1 mix of Close to the edge.
And You And I and Siberian Kathru are great.
But for the main track I have the feeling the mix sometimes falls into pieces, and the main vocals are sometimes too loud.
I know the original mix for so many years and there are parts where the dynamics really pushes the track.
I don't have the feeling now and sometimes the dynamic built is at wrong places in the track.
Also I think a little more bass below 150 hz should have been integrated.

But give me more time about it.

O.k. now the second run-through of Close to the edge...very loud :) :
Perhaps I was still tired. Now I can also say that the main track also shines.
My only critics are that the main vocals in the first two parts The Solid Time Of Change and Total Mass Retain are still too loud for my taste.

But eveything else is big fun.

It is really good how Steven Wilson keeps the original spirit, when he does 70s remixes.

Back