Gentle Giant "Power & Glory" Blu Ray & DVD mixed by SW coming early Summer '14

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what I am listening right now: :)

image.jpg

Ooh, I dig the packaging!

I never liked how the King Crimson/Yes/XTC releases were digipacks, yet they had no slot for the booklet, so I prefer this design.
Can't wait to hear it myself! :)

Look what I am listening right now: :)

:woopie :woopie :woopie :woopie :woopie

Dude, "this" is the 5.1 sleeper of the year!

I have THREE on order. I will play all three in a row continuously, all weekend! AWESOME package and I LOVE the blue playing card in the center position. Great CD picture design as well.

You rock! :smokin :friday: :spot :brew

:51banana:

-UPDATE-

Stop The Presses!!!

I just got this from Burning Shed!

BSHED.png

Dude,

What part of the world do you live in? I ordered P&G from both Burning Shed and Amazon USA, so I hope I get mine soon. :)

Germany, mostly we are slower than the rest of the world regarding releases, but this time...

I received my blu-ray an hour ago. Never heard anything from Gentle Giant before.
I can`t comment the music or the mix yet, but i LOVE the sound of drums and bass guitar on the 5.1 mix !!

And Germany is not slow any more, remember who won the soccer WM, those guys were running fast.
And in this way is the delivery of fine 5.1 stuff: Fast in germany, every week a new winner !

Germany, mostly we are slower than the rest of the world regarding releases, but this time...

Yes, it's now even available in the Saturn markets, BluRay - DVD - CD only.

-Kristian

By the way. The 5.1 mix is excellent.
Steven Wilson does everything perfect.
The music is a matter of taste, but I always loved stanger stuff, so no problem at all for me.
I will vote after a few more spins. But I guess it will be a 10. :)

Oooohhhh what a lovely 5.1 year it is.

:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:spot

WOW you guys got this already! I preordered from Amazon, great price but Im still waiting. Good to know the wait will be worth it.
And yes the German postal service must be training with their soccer team!

Wow Postie was good to me today Gentle giant and Rob Reed the backlog of 5.1 is getting too much.

lucky its a rainy day and I have a couple of hours free.

Holy shit! This came today, listening and watching now. I say watching because this is a visual treat too. Animated lyrics add to the whole package and even give more insight to the song's meaning. All blu rays should be done like this.

I've had this album on vinyl and the stereo was so well done even then. This takes it to another level. It sounds beautiful.

From Tapatalk

Wow Postie was good to me today Gentle giant and Rob Reed the backlog of 5.1 is getting too much.

lucky its a rainy day and I have a couple of hours free.

Snap! ...........and I'm still working through the pile of music I haven't managed to listen to/watch yet, could do with more rain!

Snap! ...........and I'm still working through the pile of music I haven't managed to listen to/watch yet, could do with more rain!

@Duncan & rusinurbe: The Power & The Glory most certainly does not go in the backlog pile. It goes directly into your disc player. Do you need me to draw you a map??? (y)

@PK: I ordered two Power & Glory BluRays from Amazon when they were $13.46 each. :D

@Duncan & rusinurbe: The Power & The Glory most certainly does not go in the backlog pile. It goes directly into your disc player. Do you need me to draw you a map??? (y)

@PK: I ordered two Power & Glory BluRays from Amazon when they were $13.46 each. :D

Makes you wonder why HFPA discs are so expensive when you can get this so cheep

Last edited:
July 2014, well maybe the whole 2014, seems to be the revival of surround music. This month alone, I received the new Anathema album, a Passion Play, The Division Bell DVD and The Power and the Glory. Awaiting Robert Reed's DVD-A too.
This is, as expected, a well done DVD and surround mix. I needed the switch on the screen to be able to play the DTS track. This made me discover that there were nice visuals as well. Essentially a lyrics visual but there are also animations synchronized with the music.

July 2014, well maybe the whole 2014, seems to be the revival of surround music. This month alone, I received the new Anathema album, a Passion Play, The Division Bell DVD and The Power and the Glory. Awaiting Robert Reed's DVD-A too.
This is, as expected, a well done DVD and surround mix. I needed the switch on the screen to be able to play the DTS track. This made me discover that there were nice visuals as well. Essentially a lyrics visual but there are also animations synchronized with the music.

Dont forget the Bob Marley

Back