Genesis albums to be released on blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think Genesis Blu Rays would be easy to find stateside; this has not been my experience.

That is probably because Atlantic/Rhino still have the exclusive license to these recordings in North America, whereas the only Genesis Blu-Ray so far to hit the market ("Selling England by the Pound") has been released by Virgin (under UMG) in Europe.

Ahhh yes, reminds me of my "Four Sides Live" album:

Genesis TSL.jpg

-Kristian

^^^screen format 4:3 :mad:@:

It was shot for TV so the original aspect ratio is 4:3. If they made it 16:9 they'd have to zoom in on the 4:3 negative and you'd lose 20 or 30 percent of the picture information at the top and bottom in the process. Hopefully it's a nice fresh transfer of the original negative and not a beat up print, or (god forbid) an upscale of the SD DVD transfer.

My philosophy is present it in its original format.

Otherwise you're cropping the picture.

My good man, that goes without saying. You Kiwis still shoot video with 4:3 VHS cameras???

I can't imagine anybody would be doing that these days. I would think everything should be shot with
16:9 or even wider. :)

I was just echoing CC's bah humbug about 4:3 in general.

No no no... :howlBetamax... its much better....

Oh yeah and we live in Grass Huts...

maori_grass_hut_kerikeri_new_zealand_103-670.jpg

4:3 was just a 50+ years phase to get through. In 1981 we were still amazed by VHS, Beta or Laserdisc delivering home video at all.

Glad to be on the other side of that.

No no no... :howlBetamax... its much better....

Oh yeah and we live in Grass Huts...

View attachment 15627

Wait whaaaaaaaa - Snood would like to hear ur views on Betamax :mad:@:

The grass Hut thing.......that is pretty koo info LizardKing, Snood did not know that.......now Snood can impress buddies with this bit of info and can show them proof of your Grass Hut. That is a nice one

Your Grass Hut does not seem to be toooooo acoustically sound, so Snood might have to think twice about heeding your tunes reviews :friday:

Love ya Liz - You know Snood kids :banana:

Wait whaaaaaaaa - Snood would like to hear ur views on Betamax :mad:@:

The grass Hut thing.......that is pretty koo info LizardKing, Snood did not know that.......now Snood can impress buddies with this bit of info and can show them proof of your Grass Hut. That is a nice one

Your Grass Hut does not seem to be toooooo acoustically sound, so Snood might have to think twice about heeding your tunes reviews :friday:

Love ya Liz - You know Snood kids :banana:

Lets just say that my speakers get "lots" of air... :D

Although the vaulted ceiling is actually the biggest problem ....

P.S. Beta Rocks....

To get back to what this thread is really about...

The next Genesis Blu-Ray releases have been delayed.
"Duke" and "Abacab" will be released Oct 21, while "Invisible Touch", "We Can't Dance", and "Calling All Stations" will be released Nov 10.

Another one of my rare serious posts:

We've learned these BluRays are from the original DSD sessions. So its native SACD(Direct Stream Digital) converted to DTS-Master Audio....

I already own the UK Boxes which are native SACD AND DTS as an additional option...

Can anybody give me a reason why I need to buy these?

Another one of my rare serious posts:

We've learned these BluRays are from the original DSD sessions. So its native SACD(Direct Stream Digital) converted to DTS-Master Audio....

I already own the UK Boxes which are native SACD AND DTS as an additional option...

Can anybody give me a reason why I need to buy these?

Because they are more expensive than the SACD/DVD sets were and they have less (no) extras :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm the same as you, I can't see a reason to be interested in these blu rays.

Back