Genesis albums to be released on blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they are more expensive than the SACD/DVD sets were and they have less (no) extras :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm the same as you, I can't see a reason to be interested in these blu rays.

I'm with you I have the albums I want already on SACD and DVD already, the DVDs sounded better IMHO than the SACDs and have more content than the Blu rays not much incentive there to change

Hopefully the delay means that they are adding the relevant B-sides to these discs (all of which have also been remixed in 5.1 surround).
"Duke" has 2 b-sides, "Abacab" has 5 (this includes the 3x3 EP), "Invisible Touch" has 3, and "We Can't Dance" has 2.
These are all excellent songs that deserve to be on these releases.

I'm with you I have the albums I want already on SACD and DVD already, the DVDs sounded better IMHO than the SACDs and have more content than the Blu rays not much incentive there to change

Same here, have these all on SACD too - so unless it something knockout more gorgeous or major add on content then prob will have to pass.

Wonder about the pricing though.

I bought Selling England By The Pound (blu-ray HFPA) and like it a lot. I don't have any of the sacds; just Invisible Touch and We Can't Dance on DVD. So will probably buy some of the blu-rays. Outside of those albums I know nothing of Genesis' work so I have to find somewhere to preview the other titles. No, no don't tell me - I'll figure it out.

Another one of my rare serious posts:

We've learned these BluRays are from the original DSD sessions. So its native SACD(Direct Stream Digital) converted to DTS-Master Audio....

I already own the UK Boxes which are native SACD AND DTS as an additional option...

Can anybody give me a reason why I need to buy these?

Why.jpg

being so late to the surrounded party...i have none of them. will have to wait this one out to find out what the best route will be....

I have a mix of the U.S. CD/DVD's, the UK SACD/DVD's, and a few Japanese paper sleeves for good measure so I may bump to BD on some of these...hmm :mad:@:

Genesis SEBTP arrived today. Had one listen thus far. Nice. No harshness. Loud with too much compression yes but nice EQ IMO, not overly bright by any means. First impressions i would recommend to others. Got mine off Amazon UK for £11.84. I wish the Flaming Lips surround discs sounded as nice as this. More 5.1 on Blu ray please, i will definitely support!

So you are saying that these actually have been remastered (i.e., at the very least had different EQ applied for the BluRay release)?

That should be easy to verify objectively.

Or is this the first/only version you've heard?

So you are saying that these actually have been remastered (i.e., at the very least had different EQ applied for the BluRay release)?

That should be easy to verify objectively.

Or is this the first/only version you've heard?

The Blu-Ray has the exact same mastering as the SACD. Not remastered unless you count the DSD to PCM conversion as mastering.

The difference in sound between the two is only due to how your players treat the different formats.

The Blu-Ray has the exact same mastering as the SACD. Not remastered unless you count the DSD to PCM conversion as mastering.

The difference in sound between the two is only due to how your players treat the different formats.

great, now let's see what keenly says.

I see there's Black Sabbath's 13 in there. That was a 44.1kHz master.

I wonder if they commisionned a new mastering or just upsampled to 96kHz. I doubt it will have a 5.1 mix as well.

I see there's Black Sabbath's 13 in there. That was a 44.1kHz master.

I wonder if they commisionned a new mastering or just upsampled to 96kHz. I doubt it will have a 5.1 mix as well.

according to sa-cd.net the upcoming HFPA (scheduled for release in Europe 26th September from what I can gather) will have DTS 5.1..!

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/10016

I'll believe it when I see it..

4:3 is how it was filmed. Making it 16:9 would mean zooming into the picture and crop the top and bottom! You would end up with half a picture! And 16mm is pretty grainy, it would look awful. Thankfully they haven't done that!

4:3 is how it was filmed. Making it 16:9 would mean zooming into the picture and crop the top and bottom! You would end up with half a picture! And 16mm is pretty grainy, it would look awful. Thankfully they haven't done that!
Totally agree, if it was shot in 4:3 it should stay that way. My comment was more one of perspective as I remember when widescreen tv's were first coming out I remember people commenting at tv stores,"Wow thats wierd" and remember people would make comments as to isn't that giving you less screen image or other stuff like that. So does that mean the following 16mm film , "Supertramp Live in Paris 79' was altered, I don't mind the look of it and found it to be very enjoyable.

The 3 sides live just dropped price to 11.46 at amazon.uk today:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Getting this for the lossless surround, its funny years ago we only had 4:3 stuff as thats what tv's were and now I usually don't order stuff if it says 4:3, this and the queenlive at the rainbow being some exceptions.

Thanks for this. Ordered! While there I also noticed that the upcoming Todd Rundgren at the BBC cd/dvd set (no surround or hi res, but some interesting looking stuff on this) has fallen on Amazon UK to £20, so that's ordered too :cool:

Back