Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 (Blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey- Does anyone know which version Amazon.com is currently stocking/selling? The version that needs a replacement disc, or the fixed version? Has anyone received this from Amazon recently? And were there any issues? I know RoadRunner has the fixed version on offer, but it's pricy at $27. Sorry for the million questions. Thanks.

sweet...got an email late today with a new redemption code for replacement blu ray disc...with the new code it allowed me to put in address info. no issue that i purchased thru amazon...easy peasy!

DIGGIN this!...as much as i love getting the older music redone in multi chnl...its especially nice getting brand new stuff...and love the direction they've taken as i'm not much into the full on death growl thing! looking forward to hearing the corrected disc...

DIGGIN this!...as much as i love getting the older music redone in multi chnl...its especially nice getting brand new stuff...and love the direction they've taken as i'm not much into the full on death growl thing! looking forward to hearing the corrected disc...

I listened to it on the drive home last night (CD only :(, though the car will play DVD's but no surround :howl). I started with the last re-issue of Jethro Tull's "Warchild", which was followed by Pale Communion, it finished just as I pulled on to my drive. It is fantastic.

incredible deal huh! 5.1 bluray plus cd...almost feels like we stole it!

Absolutely! It showed up today. Now, how do I know what is the corrected disc? (Since you have figured it out, i.e. what is the link?) Apologize for my laziness, in not looking through the thread....

Absolutely! It showed up today. Now, how do I know what is the corrected disc? (Since you have figured it out, i.e. what is the link?) Apologize for my laziness, in not looking through the thread....

no problem...funny i almost added it to my post...guess i should have! anyway...here...

http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray

after entering the code here that came with your set...within a (business) day or two you should receive an email with a new code which then will give you the ability to enter your mailing address.

CC,
I had ordered via Amazon. Went to the link you provided and asked for a redemption code since (I think) I don't have one already. Is it inside? I have not broke the cellophane. Thanks again...
Mike

CC,
I had ordered via Amazon. Went to the link you provided and asked for a redemption code since (I think) I don't have one already. Is it inside? I have not broke the cellophane. Thanks again...
Mike

yes inside where the liner notes are...i input that code (thru the specific 'blu ray link' timbre4 provided..not the link printed on the redemption card) http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray
and it only asked me for email addy and zip code. a day later i received an email with a new code..which when i used that code i got a screen where i could input mailing addy.

however...i did also send them an email thru the 'contact' link on their website so not completely sure which one prompted them to give me a different new code! you might try doing both...

http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/contacts

here is their response to either my first code or 'contact us' email...

Hello lisa,

We apologize for the recent error that was found in your Opeth Blu-Ray disc. We are taking action to replace this product for you as soon as possible. Please follow the directions below to receive your replacement disc.

Your Exclusive Code: REPLACEYVVP57I

Click HERE to enter your code in the box provided, then click "Complete Redemption."

On the following page, complete all of the required fields and click place order. You will not be charged for the replacement disc or shipping.

You will receive a confirmation email to track your replacement disc.

Thanks,
Katie

I actually received a promo copy of the album from a local radio station here in NJ. I haven't played it yet but I'm assuming it's a defective version also. I went ahead and ordered a replacement copy. Can't wait to hear it the way it was intended to be heard!

I pre-ordered mine from the Omerch store. Worst service ever. A week before release they emailed me to say they wouldn't be getting their shipment in for another week. Ended up arriving almost 2 weeks after release date. I'd already bought the vinyl by then from a local record shop. Then when I notified them that there was a fault on the Blu ray they refused to believe me even after I forwarded links to forums. Even now they are still saying 'we are looking into this issue' despite having removed the item from sale on their page. I'll be avoiding them in the future.

Stereoboutique ain't much better either. They've acknowledged the blu-ray error but I've been trying to sort out a problem with them for nearly a month now regarding my 2LP set. It takes them at least a week to reply to emails.

Got mine as well with the Dolby TrueHD issue. If you are desperate in need of surround sound listening without the channel swap error. I believe the Dolby Digital is kosher. Haven't done any extensive testing but it appears it's not affected. Dolby TrueHD is mastered with two files. The TrueHD has the .mlp and the Dolby Digital has the .ac3 extension. Both formats have the benefit of the latest audio receivers via HDMI or the legacy systems via optical. You could run an optical cable from your Blu-ray player to your Receiver if you were frothing from the mouth to listen to surround.

So, is there any visual way of telling whether a disc is the corrected version or not?

K
Well, not exactly. I'm aware some people had ripped the disc and posted the wav forms. The only other way is loading the disc in a computer and looking at the date/time of the files. These would be when the authoring house compiled the disc for replication. Mine state 7/03/2014 at 2:08pm. I would assume if there's a new version, it would have a more recent date. Probably a few days after the initial consumer errors were reported.

Back