Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 (Blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I just purchased this, and I'm bummed there might a mastering error lurking.

Is there a quick way to check which disk I have? I tracked it down to this version:
Opeth – Pale Communion (2014, CD)
with Matrix / Runout (Blu-ray Variant 2): [logo] S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD

But it can't tell from the number whether that's a faulty or "corrected" disk.

EDIT: Further googling tells me it's probably the faulty disk. I tried going to
https://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray
to get a replacement but it claimed my code was not valid, despite this being a new disk.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OK, so I just purchased this, and I'm bummed there might a mastering error lurking.

Is there a quick way to check which disk I have? I tracked it down to this version:
Opeth – Pale Communion (2014, CD)
with Matrix / Runout (Blu-ray Variant 2): [logo] S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD

But it can't tell from the number whether that's a faulty or "corrected" disk.

EDIT: Further googling tells me it's probably the faulty disk. I tried going to
https://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray
to get a replacement but it claimed my code was not valid, despite this being a new disk.

Any suggestions?

I have the updated version, if you look on the back of the blu ray, around the inner ring, after a load of letters and numbers I have V02, if you have V01 it is definitely the faulty disc

Yeah, I got the V01. I did get a reply - "Unfortunately this offer expires several years ago, we no longer have this in our system."

can you return it to where you bought it from and at least get your money back?

I was reading the Poll thread and just found out about this issue. I purchased the disc from Amazon / Rarewave in September 2020. After checking I found I had the V01 version and that the redemption link while still active, rejected my code. I've contacted Roadrunner thought their link. Doubt anything will happen.

Is there a simple way to correct a FLAC from the original? I have Audacity and can rip the blu-ray. Don't really need a new disc if I can listen to the corrected version, by another means. This would be great for the '75 quad of Free Hand.

So I apparently either got a replacement disc or just waited long enough to buy, but I have the one with "V2" in the matrix code, or whatever it's called. To fix this disc, is it just a matter of inverting the phase on the LFE channel?

Hi, I recently bought this album curious about the 5.1 mix. Only then I found out about the erroneous variant. Could anyone help with identifying the BD numbers if my disk is corrected or not?
From this thread I presume that I have the erroneous one (according to the "V01" number). However, after a brief listen, I cannot say there's something wrong. I work with spatial audio, but mostly with classical music; maybe I am too inexperienced in surround progressive death metal to notice the issues...
I have purchased from Discogs I think this version: https://www.discogs.com/release/6029841-Opeth-Pale-Communion
My BD numbers are: S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD, IFPI L018, IFPI 052L

Also - do you know where could I purchase the corrected version? Is there any Discogs or Amazon reseller from whom you've recently ordered this particular album and have received the corrected version?

Back