Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got it today and did a quick comparison, I also have it on cd and the low and highs sound a bit better on the sacd to me. I must say that the cd is a lot louder than the sacd so I might have to do a more thourough listen but at first listen I liked it.

Just got it today and did a quick comparison, I also have it on cd and the low and highs sound a bit better on the sacd to me. I must say that the cd is a lot louder than the sacd so I might have to do a more thourough listen but at first listen I liked it.

Easy way to compare the SACD to a CD..take the same songs on each format and then listen to them back to back..to be candid..if you have to do that at all is it really a good hi rez disc?..no..you shouldn't have to get the audible "microscope" out...you should know right away...if you have to sit there and ponder the situation it really isn't much of a hi rez product..IMO...

Pretenders by Pretenders MFSL SACD. I played the AF gold CD on repeat for several hours and have been playing the SACD on repeat for several hours now. Anyone have any opinions on which one is better? They sound quite a bit different from each other.

Rod(The Mod)Stewart-Every Picture Tells A Story SHM-SACD..oh Maggie May..."the morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age....but that don't worry me none.... in my eyes you're everything".....very good SHM SACD...

Always loved those lyrics....such a poet he is...a paragraph from WIKI:

Background

"Maggie May" expresses the ambivalence and contradictory emotions of a young man involved in a relationship with an older woman, and was written from Stewart's own experience. In the January, 2007 issue of Q magazine, Stewart recalled: "Maggie May was more or less a true story, about the first woman I had sex with, at the 1961 Beaulieu Jazz Festival."

Rod(The Mod)Stewart-Every Picture Tells A Story SHM-SACD..oh Maggie May..."the morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age....but that don't worry me none.... in my eyes you're everything".....very good SHM SACD...

Always loved those lyrics....such a poet he is...a paragraph from WIKI:

Background

"Maggie May" expresses the ambivalence and contradictory emotions of a young man involved in a relationship with an older woman, and was written from Stewart's own experience. In the January, 2007 issue of Q magazine, Stewart recalled: "Maggie May was more or less a true story, about the first woman I had sex with, at the 1961 Beaulieu Jazz Festival."

Seems right...that would make Rod 16...he once said about his divorces.."instead of getting married again I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house"..this stems from the fact that Rod has 8 children from 5 different women...his relationships required a "chart" in his Wikipedia page...he seems to have a thing for models...5 of those women were models...one actress(a stone cold fox in her day..Britt Ekland)...his present wife was a model and she's 43...Rod is 70...

Rolling Stones-Big Hits(High Tide and Green Grass)SACD-...."I can't get no satisfaction....and that man comes on the radio...and he's telling me more and more...about some useless information...supposed to fire my imagination"......but most will tell you the verse that stood out was "he can't be a man cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me"

It's excellent...I'm listening to it right now..and you could be too by going right here

I'm with Clint on that one. In The Wind is taken from the Analog Master Tapes at Warner Bros Records and transferred from Analog to DSD for the SACD. Several of the tracks are unusually vivid and detailed. Definitely one to nab - especially if you are a Peter, Paul & Mary fan.

Steely Dan-Countdown To Ecstasy SHM-SACD
Even Acoustic Sounds has sold out of this one now. I got mine too. Had to pay the big bucks though.

Currently playing:

Waylon Jennings. Analog Pearls Vol. 1

(I play this disk quite often)

Two if these are MC discs but have been listening to the 2.0 tracks:

Gary Burton - Like Minds
BST - Child is Father to the Man
Herbie Hancock - Future Shock JSACD

Back