Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Deuce Coupe should be showing up in an hour or so so that's my listening plan. I will report back on the bass response.

Hey man - you running a sub, or no?
Definitely not. You wouldn't even hear the sub with the JBL 14" woofers that my full range speakers contain.

update: It showed up and has less bass than the regular stereo/mono CD version that came out awhile back. May as well be playing it on Dirty Harry's system.

Attachments

• 32_wrapped.jpg
    32_wrapped.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 144
Definitely not. You wouldn't even hear the sub with the JBL 14" woofers that my full range speakers contain.

update: It showed up and has less bass than the regular stereo/mono CD version that came out awhile back. May as well be playing it on Dirty Harry's system.

Are you saying you don't like it..or just making the observation that it doesn't have much bass?...If you don't like this version you might as well just stick with CD's. I agree with Blue Monk that it's very warm(like vinyl)and the vocals are crystal clear...

Steppenwolf (4x)
Magazine - Heart (2x)
Zim's Greatest Vol 2
Infidels
Nashville Skyline
B, S & T (2) Hoffman 2ch master & Sony 2ch - HOFFMAN sounds better. I still need to a/b them to MoFi.
There's a Riot Goin' On - Sylvester Stewart
Copland Conducts Copland w/LSO (Appalachian Spring (ballet suite)/Rodeo (4 dances)/Billy the Mountain
NO, that's FZ. Make that Billy the Kid (ballet suite).
Green River - CCR
Cosmo's Factory - CCR
Ghost in the Machine - Police
O, Brother, Where Art Thou (She r-u-n-n-o-f-t.)
Child is Father to the Man Hoffman Master
Supper Session Hoffman Master
All in All - Earth, Wind & Fire Japan SACD

Best of Bread Hoffman 2ch SACD layer
Best of Guess Who Hoffman 2ch SACD layer
Innervisions - Stevie Wonder Japan SHM-SACD
Gasoline Alley - Rod Stewart Japan SHM-SACD
Billy Joel: Fantasies & Delusions - Richard Joo SACD
Singles - Who Japan SHM-SACD

image.jpg

I picked up these single layer SHM-SACDs of Tangerine Dream today. Just listening to Rubycon as I write. It sounds beautiful. Really amazing! The excellent remastering makes these worth the extra money if you're into this classic ambient music from the 70s.

To borrow a line of Jan's from another thread... Keeps getting better! :eek:

These discs have me mesmerized.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 174
image.jpg

It really has been a pleasure to listen to all 4 of these albums back to back.

Bravo to all involved with these releases.

Last edited:
Rod Stewart-Every Picture Tells A Story SHM-SACD...Rod the Mod...that dude had some "stuff" going on back in the day...just saying...Maggie May sounds so good on this disc..cool song...

Rod was all over the tabloids back in the day. I remember a few stories that hit the high school scene that I surely hope are not true....stories I'd rather not repeat...lmao. That all being said - he has passed the test...the test of being a hard partying rocker who managed to clean it up and remain fairly relevant. What a guy...

Rod was all over the tabloids back in the day. I remember a few stories that hit the high school scene that I surely hope are not true....stories I'd rather not repeat...lmao. That all being said - he has passed the test...the test of being a hard partying rocker who managed to clean it up and remain fairly relevant. What a guy...

Yeah, I remember all those crazy rumors. The stuff people come up with. ;)

But... How could one not like "Do ya think I'm sexy?" It's a blast to sing at karaoke. LOL!

Clint, my usual question: do you have another copy(s) of EPTAS to a/b the Japan SHM-SACD to? If so, what's better? I bought the SHM-SACD of Gasoline Alley. The MoFi Gold CD is the best copy of EPTAS I've heard so far, but haven't heard the SHM-SACD.

I do need to finish my Blood, Sweat & Tears (II) SACD comparisons: Hoffman vs. Columbia vs. Mofi. So far, the Hoffman 2ch SACD master beats the Columbia. I'll report back when I get to a/b them both to the Mofi SACD.

Rod Stewart-Every Picture Tells A Story SHM-SACD...Rod the Mod...that dude had some "stuff" going on back in the day...just saying...Maggie May sounds so good on this disc..cool song...

Back