ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this thread is called...All About Music....well. Hang with me....

So - a few hours after this photo was taken....I went to a small town town on the northern border of Costa Rica & Nicaraqua called San Antonio. They didn't have electricity...I mean...they never had it...still didn't. Primitive. So....in this small town, they had a big ole party and they had a little make shift band playing some Costa Rican type music...and we were all drunk and dancing. It was a blast and a time I'll never forget....

So....GOS is on the right...facing camera. Circa...1989....Upala, Costa Rica.

Costa%20Rica%201994.jpg

So, this thread is called...All About Music....well. Hang with me....

So - a few hours after this photo was taken....I went to a small town town on the northern border of Costa Rica & Nicaraqua called San Antonio. They didn't have electricity...I mean...they never had it...still didn't. Primitive. So....in this small town, they had a big ole party and they had a little make shift band playing some Costa Rican type music...and we were all drunk and dancing. It was a blast and a time I'll never forget....

So....GOS is on the right...facing camera. Circa...1989....Upala, Costa Rica.

Costa%20Rica%201994.jpg

You are killing me man...hehe...I knew if it was an old photo it would be from the 80's...that's very cool...I wish I had some pictures of me and my ex wife in Acapulco when we saw Billy Preston...the "show" started at 2am...it was on a small patch of grass in a courtyard of an upscale disco.. they provided a cushion to sit on...only about 70 people there...they never announced it...I was stoned out of my mind..everybody was in formal attire(a requirement of this club to get in)...and Billy really got down..he was in his prime then...

You are killing me man...hehe...I knew if it was an old photo it would be from the 80's...that's very cool...I wish I had some pictures of me and my ex wife in Acapulco when we saw Billy Preston...the "show" started at 2am...it was on a small patch of grass in a courtyard of an upscale disco.. they provided a cushion to sit on...only about 70 people there...they never announced it...I was stoned out of my mind..everybody was in formal attire(a requirement of this club to get in)...and Billy really got down..he was in his prime then...

That too is very cool. I don't really have a lot of "80's" photos. Wish I did. I actually found this one yesterday at work. In a box of slides in an old cabinet. I had borrowed my dads slide scanner....and the rest is history. I will have more as I find time to scan them. Sort of a pain.

I met Billy Preston at Chicago Beatlefest a couple years before he passed. I got him to autograph my UK CD of Let it Be from the "black rolltop box". He claimed he had also played on Abbey Road, which I wasn't aware of, even with having read many books on their recording sessions. There was grand piano set up in the common area outside the conference room he was camped in. He went out and wowed everyone with his chops. RIP

"You gotta have something, if you want to be with me." - BP

... I wish I had some pictures of me and my ex wife in Acapulco when we saw Billy Preston...the "show" started at 2am...it was on a small patch of grass in a courtyard of an upscale disco.. they provided a cushion to sit on...only about 70 people there...they never announced it...I was stoned out of my mind..everybody was in formal attire(a requirement of this club to get in)...and Billy really got down..he was in his prime then...

I met Billy Preston at Chicago Beatlefest a couple years before he passed. I got him to autograph my UK CD of Let it Be from the "black rolltop box". He claimed he had also played on Abbey Road, which I wasn't aware of, even with having read many books on their recording sessions. There was grand piano set up in the common area outside the conference room he was camped in. He went out and wowed everyone with his chops. RIP

Wow, that must have been something special. He was tremendous.

BTW he did play organ on "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" which I believe is the only track from Abbey Road he's on.

I'm still learning where the heck to put things in this forum...LOL!

Anyway - for those in the US, here is a factory refurbished Marantz Blu-Ray Multi Player. US $299
Seems like a steal to me....it can handle SACD & DVD-Audio. Can't tell you about it's ability to play hi-rez files like the Oppos...but for $299......

LINKY...

5545.Jpg

Still struggling to locate threads....UGH. So, I've really gone out on a limb just now...went to Acoustic Sounds and placed an order for 3 Stereo SACD's!!!

Chicago Transit Authority SACD Stereo

CMOB_2134_SA__82802__02132015112014-9110.jpg

Ted Nugent SACD Stereo

CAPP_33692_SA__92667__06192013020227-1321.jpg

Love - Forever Changes SACD Stereo

CMOB_2131_SA__95117__12062013025302-1814.jpg

Still struggling to locate threads....UGH. So, I've really gone out on a limb just now...went to Acoustic Sounds and placed an order for 3 Stereo SACD's!!!

Chicago Transit Authority SACD Stereo

CMOB_2134_SA__82802__02132015112014-9110.jpg

Ted Nugent SACD Stereo

CAPP_33692_SA__92667__06192013020227-1321.jpg

Love - Forever Changes SACD Stereo

CMOB_2131_SA__95117__12062013025302-1814.jpg
I gotta admit I didn't see this purchase coming...especially the Love disc...when you order a stereo sacd or receive one you can post it on this thread...of course you can always post them here if you want...

I gotta admit I didn't see this purchase coming...especially the Love disc...when you order a stereo sacd or receive one you can post it on this thread...of course you can always post them here if you want...

Hee.

Well, I'm expanding my horizons. And yeah. I really do enjoy the Love music. I already have it in a much inferior format....so I look forward to that one....the Ted is just an experiment...cause I know his older albums never did have much fidelity...so curious how this sounds. I know the Chicago will sound good. So...all in all....not so far out. lol What's far out is that I purchased 3 Stereo SACD all in one shot....

Hee.

Well, I'm expanding my horizons. And yeah. I really do enjoy the Love music. I already have it in a much inferior format....so I look forward to that one....the Ted is just an experiment...cause I know his older albums never did have much fidelity...so curious how this sounds. I know the Chicago will sound good. So...all in all....not so far out. lol What's far out is that I purchased 3 Stereo SACD all in one shot....

The people on this forum don't realize what a big step that is for you....you keep this up and you will be Gos 3.0...the next step in your evolution is to avoid the dreaded "comparison" test with one of your favorite multi channel discs...it's not a fair comparison...just enjoy that stereo disc for what it is ..knowing that it's probably the best available source...this way you can expand your music collection...AND get in touch with some of your favorite music...

Love this song.....and video...

KEANE - We Might As Well Be Strangers...live at O2 Arena

[video=youtube;G0vfwu24Ccw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0vfwu24Ccw[/video]

Love this song.....and video...

KEANE - We Might As Well Be Strangers...live at O2 Arena

[video=youtube;G0vfwu24Ccw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0vfwu24Ccw[/video]

This is one of the few concerts that I will NEVER get tired of watching... BRILLIANT!!!

If there are any James Taylor fans around...you might be interested in this Gold CD that has been marked down...it's the Gorilla album..and it can be had at Amazon now for a nice price...I just ordered one...HERE...at even better price on this can be had if you happen to be making an order from Acoustic Sounds and have already reached the free shipping price threshold..then you can grab it for $15.00..but the supplies are limited HERE

I might add that this gold cd has some good numbers HERE

I'd like to mention a vocalist that has produced some of my favorite songs from the 60's...her name is Grace Barnett Wing...better known as Grace Slick..or in some circles as The Chrome Nun or Acid Queen..most notably associated with the Jefferson Airplane...Grace just didn't sing about drugs...she lived that life..and pushed the boundaries....if ever there was a "psychedelic mama" it was Grace...in the 70's she embraced another addiction...she became a full blown alcoholic...on a tour stop in 78 in Germany she was so intoxicated she couldn't perform..a riot ensued...the band came back the next night and she was again intoxicated and couldn't sing properly...but that didn't stop her from mocking the German audience about losing WWII or groping some female audience members...the next day she left the group..she detoxed several times and gained control of her life again...during the 80's as the only original member of Airplane..... Starship enjoyed 3 hits...WE BUILT THIS CITY....SARA...NOTHING'S GONNA STOP US NOW...

Despite a lifestyle of heavy drug and alcohol useage Grace is alive and well today... born in Highland Park Illinois Grace turned 75 in October...since retiring from the music scene she got involved in painting...so she has come full circle...from the woman that tried to put LSD in President Nixon's tea to a senior citizen painting animals...she will always have a place in my personal pantheon of great vocalists from "back in the day"...some of her songs still evoke a strong feeling within my soul..of a time I remember fondly....this song still gives me chills

[video=youtube;WANNqr-vcx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back