NOSOUND - TEIDE 2390 (Live CD/ 5.1 DVD-A/V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KSCOPE320-package.jpg

[video=youtube;KIXn0YvtMso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXn0YvtMso[/video]

"Loverly" stuff indeed. :)

Attachments

• large5060.jpg
    large5060.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 221
I don't think I've ever heard a LIVE 5.1 hi-resolution disc! This should be a treat...

There's a few out there, but with poor 5.1 mixes. Example Uriah Heep Live SACD, Muse Live SACD.

:) Yes I imagine many here would sacrifice stereo but I know you all know that's not possible because is the main format ;)

I just run a test, even reducing lfe would not change much because MLP is already very compressed, and rears are used as well for acoustic and other stuff like that.

Anyway the difference would not be enough to include uncompressed stereo pcm 24/96 (about 1.5 gig more than the 24/48).

So for now working solution is surround mlp 24/96 (only on the dvd-a part), plus stereo pcm 24/48, DD and DTS 24/96 for the dvd-v part (linked on the dvd-a menus as well), sounds good for now :)

DTS, MLP any is fine by me as long as there is a nice 5.1 mix. I don't care about stereo personally. I think to most people who love 5.1 stereo becomes obsolete. I just can't enjoy it the same anymore.

DTS, MLP any is fine by me as long as there is a nice 5.1 mix. I don't care about stereo personally. I think to most people who love 5.1 stereo becomes obsolete. I just can't enjoy it the same anymore.

Giancarlo has done a nice surround mix, fits the live music - and the album shows how good the band are live. I've just ordered!

Pre-order has just gone up on Burning Shed https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/product/44/6450/

Hello everyone,

I'll paste below the full PR with all the info...I suggest to read it till the end, because I'll post (ahead of everywhere else) a link to free exclusive for QQ FLAC Surround 24/96 of the song in the video...so everyone here can have a taste of the surround mix :) I love surround because leaves artistic freedom on mix, and I'm lucky enough to do all my mixes and so to present the music exactly like it was intended to be, and I hope you'll all like it. I'm a musician and so I like 'musical' things, not analytical or fake ones, and I wanted to do a special live...I liked really a few surround live albums till now, I've done this one like I would like every live to sound like :)

Would be nice to change this topic with album official title/release date and move it out of rumblings? Any mod? :)

NOSOUND - TEIDE 2390 (preorder now, 13th April 2015 release)

Official CD/DVD-AV mediabook + signed vinyl sticker & Nosound guitar picks while stocks last. Live at Starmus Festival, Mount Teide Space Observatory, Tenerife (Spain)

ORDER NOW: http://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound

[video=youtube;KIXn0YvtMso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXn0YvtMso[/video]

KSCOPE320 - MOCKUP bigger.jpg

At the end of September 2014 Nosound got a once in a lifetime chance to play an exclusive invite-only gig at Mount Teide Space Observatory (2390m), as part of Starmus Festival.

This unique international astronomy festival was to bring together an array of musical talent from European opera legend Katerina Mina and the legendary Rick Wakeman to Brian May, plus leading figures in contemporary science with talks from Nobel Prize winners and cosmonauts with the Keynote speech given by Professor Stephen Hawking.

It was here that Nosound recorded their CD/DVD release 'Teide 2390'. Performed and recorded at Starmus infront of an invited audience at an altitude of 2390m the band played songs from their 2005 debut 'Sol29', 2008's 'Lightdark', 2009's 'A Sense Of Loss' as well as their most recent album 'Afterthoughts’.

'Teide 2390' features an audio CD of the full set clocking in at over 70 minutes. The DVD-A/V includes standard & HD both in stereo & 5.1 surround mix.

DVD: stereo 24/48 LPCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, DTS 24/96 5.1 Surround plus a short film based on Nosound gig, including performances of In My Fears, Fading Silently, Places Remained, Kites, Cold Afterall, plus behind the scenes footage and pictures from the event.

DVD Audio: 5.1 Surround 24/96 MLP lossless mixes

The CD/DVD is presented in a deluxe media book with 24 page colour booklet.

Initial preorders (while stocks last!) will receive a signed vinyl postcard sticker and exclusive limited edition new Nosound guitar pick.

CD:
1. In My Fears [7:00]
2. Fading Silently [8:05]
3. Places Remained [4:46]
4. Kites [7:55]
5. Cold Afterall [6:12]
6. The Anger Song [4:03]
7. Idle End [5:33]
8. Wherever You Are [5:41]
9. Paralysed [7:35]
10. I Miss The Ground [4:49]
11. A New Start [5:05]
12. The Moment She Knew [8:39]

DVD-AV (ntsc, region 0):
1. Short Concert Film: In My Fears; Fading Silently; Places Remained; Kites; Cold Afterall [ 35:00 ]
2. Stereo 24/48 LPCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, DTS 24/96 5.1 Surround, 5.1 Surround 24/96 MLP Lossless mixes of all tracks [75:00]

EXCLUSIVE FOR QQ readers, FLAC 24/96 Surround of "I Miss The Ground" here -> http://cloud.thebenchmusic.com/I_Miss_The_Ground_flac_2496_surround.zip (if you like it spread the word, feedback is always very welcome!)

Hello everyone,

....Would be nice to change this topic with album official title/release date and move it out of rumblings? Any mod? :)

Of course, Giancarlo. The thread has been retitled and moved (and the disc ordered!) :)

(PS -I also added the burning shed link to the original post in this thread) (y)

Pre-ordered and "I Miss The Ground" FLAC enjoyed. Happy it's a DVD-A so it can be played anywhere including my car. Thank you.

Just a quick update...dvd-v/a hybrid dual layer disc image is ready for testing and playing nicely, stereo 24/48 lossless and surround 24/96 lossless :)

I remember Oppo (83?) players were a bit problematic last time...anyone with that player wishing to help and having a fast connection and possibility to burn a dvd-dl drop me a message!

FYI - The issue with playback on Oppo BDP-83s & other players has been sorted for this release. (y)

Looking forward to the official release...

Yes from now on also with the help of you guys here with a lot of testing on a lot of different devices, I can say the dvd-va should play fine on both video and audio parts on basically every player out there :)

Also in 24h we already sold more than half of the orders coming with the signed vinyl sticker...so if anyone was interested in buying the whole thing including extras, hurry up as a suggestion.

Thank you guys, I'm very happy you liked it, I'm really happy of the sound quality and the surround mix.

Is there going to be a poll for this? Is a good reference for my works.

As you may know I'm also working to make other artists aware of surround possibilities and to work for other artists..I listen around to some quite poor surround mixes, and to some stereo music that would kill in surround, so would be good to be in contact with other artists and do more surround mixes :)

This release was also very good because finally solved the problems of compatibility and we spotted them, so if in the future we'll keep releasing dvd-a/v we'll be sure it will work on every format, and if sales will allow us then we'll upgrade to BD!

Good to read compatibility issues are solved.

About other artists, bands like Airbag, Gazpacho and Riverside would be great in surround.

A while ago I contacted Airbag and Bjorn replied that they keep an open mind about surround but had nothing planned at that time. One of the Pjiotr's from Riverside told me (perhaps 4 years ago) that they view surround suitable for live releases, not for studio work. We know better than that ;)

Perhaps you could contact the bands and offer a test mix to show your skills and the possiblity of studio recordings mixed in surround.

Yes that's what I already tried but there are two main problems with that:

1) artists more often than not do not care about it, they know obviously stereo is the 90% (or more) of the business, and unless they're producers as well they rarely have surround listenings setups
2) labels are even more aware of the market statistics and are not keen to spend anything (money/time/packaging) on such extra

Market is good for surround releases for small and looking forward realities (like Kscope) or for very big sellers that can justify anyway the costs.

Anyway we'll see I keep chasing people, I know I'm not SW but I think there's space for more than one person :)

About other artists, bands like Airbag, Gazpacho and Riverside would be great in surround.

A while ago I contacted Airbag and Bjorn replied that they keep an open mind about surround but had nothing planned at that time. One of the Pjiotr's from Riverside told me (perhaps 4 years ago) that they view surround suitable for live releases, not for studio work. We know better than that ;)

Perhaps you could contact the bands and offer a test mix to show your skills and the possiblity of studio recordings mixed in surround.

Riverside, hell yes! Live surround mixes are OK with me(providing they are immersive and creative).

Ooohhh someone else here likes Gazpacho... & Riverside... I second that! (y)

Back