What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbh I only remembered after Fizzy mentioned it on here as a hard one to find that I had actually found a couple of copies earlier in the year but then forgotten all about them.. when I went back to look for them after Derek's post, the one @Discogs had gone already but the other copy elsewhere remained unsold, so I pounced! :eek:

Thanks for listening to my rants.:confused::sun

Nice catch btw. Never got this disc in CD-4 myself, but a very good quaddie friend sent me a copy from the disc on his recorded Q8.
Bizarre music actually, but it fit nicely inside my somewhat twisted grey matter no problem.:confused:

And it's an excellent quad mix. Lot's going on in various speakers.

Considering it's one of the last Warner Bros. CD-4'S ever released , only in Europe, it's a major collector's catch.Also worth noting this disc was released almost a year after WEA USA dumped CD-4 !!!

-a fizzy approved find.

I saw this and the Poseidon Discs on E bay. I figured you might grab them. Prices were good last time I checked.

yes, they ended about a fiver apiece, got a few JP CD-4's off that seller now and they've all been good nick and mercifully finished at a decent price.

just checking out some of this stuff now.. the Modern Jazz Quartet is really mellow and a nice mix.. a potential future Surround SACD candidate for Dutton Vocalion.. they could do a Surround SACD 2-fer of it with the Modern Jazz Quartet Live Quad disc?*

* if Vocalion can secure some Warner Quads down the line, that is.. though personally i'd love for them to prioritise Quads like Average White Band, Doobies (2 x 2-fers), Eagles (2-fer), James Taylor (2-fer), .. etc.. they could also do a 2-fer of Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway Quads, a 2-fer of the Graham Central Station Quads, 2 x Herbie Mann Quads, 2 x David Gates Quads, maybe Sergio Mendes, Stardrive, that kinda stuff might be up their street too, not sure what else they could bundle those two with though..

is there a Dutton Vocalion MultiCh Suggestion thread at QQ like there is for AF?

Let's Put It All Together - The Stylistics (CD-4)
FullSizeRender-12_zps3jekdtef.jpg~original

You bastard, I saw this for sale and then it was gone.

BUYING JAPANESE CD-4'S IS MY THING! MINE!!!!!

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.

Just kidding, really glad it was you who got this one. ;)

You bastard, I saw this for sale and then it was gone.

BUYING JAPANESE CD-4'S IS MY THING! MINE!!!!!

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.

Just kidding, really glad it was you who got this one. ;)

oh shit.. sorry... :eek:

maybe give me a heads up on which one's you're looking for to avoid such awkward unpleasantness in future!? :p

tbh I'm pouncing on these Japanese CD-4's whenever I see them for a semi decent (and preferably cheap!) price now.. they all sound so good, so far (and not one has come out sandpapery yet.. which I'm finding is a bonus feature of some of the pressings from other territories, especially RCA dynaflex Quads for some reason seem to be pretty meh.. and the Arista ones are a bit shit too.. I dunno I'm still learning about all this stuff but I know that its taken two Compartments and two Jimmy Castors to get something even remotely acceptable and bizarrely the better sounding 2nd copies of each look in worse condition than the sandpapery 1st ones! spooky possums! :D

Back