Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying the shit out of one of my favourite albums made from multitracks by a very respected member here, the stereo is in the recycle bin, fourth beer and happy as can be :LB

View attachment 35649

Surround ? I want this. I saw them at The Warfield when this album came out, everybody blown away by drummer Mike Portnoy, the guitar player, walking backwards from front of stage fell backwards on the floor over his monitor and I swear didn't miss a note.

Surround ? I want this. I saw them at The Warfield when this album came out, everybody blown away by drummer Mike Portnoy, the guitar player, walking backwards from front of stage fell backwards on the floor over his monitor and I swear didn't miss a note.

Best band in the world, they have a fantastic drummer now but I prefer Portnoy's style of drumming, pm sent.

88496a4b1f53bf3573f2c5311bcaaff1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jung-A Lee's debut album on Yarlung - A Private Organ Recital in Walt Disney Concert Hall
Recorded in DSD 256 Stereo & DSD 256 Surround Sound
Excellent album - top notch sonics and performance. Recommended!

Jung A Lee - YAR77215DSD - 450.jpg

Yarlung's Latest DSD 256 Stereo & DSD 256 Surround Sound Recording
Exclusively Available in DSD 256, DSD 128 & DSD 64 Stereo & Surround Sound at Native DSD Music
DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD

Jung-A Lee's stunning debut recording for Yarlung Records is now available from NativeDSD. A Private Organ Recital in Walt Disney Concert Hall is a new DSD 256 Stereo & DSD 256 Surround Sound recording on the magnificent organ conceived and voiced for Walt Disney Concert Hall by Manuel Rosales! It brings the listener the very clean and detailed sound of this performance coupled with low-level notes that will test the bass response of your audio system.

Producer Bob Attiyeh tells us how this recording with Korean organ virtuoso Jung-A Lee came about, why the rehearsals were taking place from 10 pm until 7 am and how he and his team make the recording sound like 'a clean window' can be read in Bob Attiyeh's Producer's Note:
"We believe that the musical intent communicated directly by our musicians is generally superior to a musical arc that I could create in postproduction, so we don’t edit. What you hear on this album is real. Jung-A performed this recital for our recording team and executive producer as you hear it." [read more]

A special bonus for our DSD Surround Sound listeners. This is a 4 Channel, DSD 256 recording that packs a punch. Track 10 is a special treat in DSD Surround Sound. Watch the volume levels on your system on this track in DSD Surround Sound.

Producer Bob Attiyeh says:
“We follow Bach’s Prelude with Yarlung’s commission from Jung-A Lee for her arrangement entitled Fantasia on Blessed Assurance, generously underwritten by Margie Barry in honor of Simon Woods and in happy memory of her husband David. This is the piece in our recording that most impresses our surround sound mastering engineer Tom Caulfield at NativeDSD for its sheer power and magnificence. I can still see the rapt faces of our small audience during this recital and recording session. Jung-A wrote a winner, creating this Fantasia upon the hymn tune Blessed Assurance. The text for the hymn was written by the blind poet and prolific writer of hymn texts Frances Jane Crosby, who lived from 1820 to 1915.”

We invite you to visit the NativeDSD Music store to purchase this fine DSD 256 recording. It will be an excellent addition to your DSD collection.

https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.co...a-private-recital-in-walt-disney-concert-hall
http://blog.nativedsd.com/jung-a-lee-producers-note/

How is the surround mix on this one? I've almost pulled the trigger a few times but there was always something else demanding my limited resources.

I have 9 of the 11 JSP 5.1 recordings, the Buddy Guy is great, lead vocal front, lead guitar fades back and forth, rhythm guitar in rear. I would buy it if I where you.
HrAudio.net JSP

And laaaast nite some quad Crimso .

It's an excellent mix for anyone still sitting on the fence . Gotta appreciate this , as it's in studio (72) with most of the original lineup providing the best of their catalogue so far .
just had to listen to "Groon " first and then selected tunes from the menu , which is ample btw.

King Crimson - Earthbound. DVD DTS

20180928_170248.jpg

I have 9 of the 11 JSP 5.1 recordings, the Buddy Guy is great, lead vocal front, lead guitar fades back and forth, rhythm guitar in rear. I would buy it if I where you.
HrAudio.net JSP

Some yrs back , when BestBuy still had SACD's , I finally went there to pick it up , but alas she disappeared.

I only have one JSP sacd , The Peterson bros . , and the surround is quite good.

So also gave a listen to some DTS CD .
I also have the SACD , which is a bit different .

The Police -Every Breath I Take (Best of) DTS CD

Used to have the dvd of this as well but sold it , one tune was worth while having though , the original radio airplay of " Da doo daa daa ". Different version on SACD and DTS CD.

20180913_165742.jpg

Birdsong At Morning......

I admit that my first listen left me sort of ....well.....hmmm. I was expecting it to be similar to their last album...which IMO, it's not. This one is softer, more mellow and reflective. Again, I need to listen a few more times to really settle in to an opinion.

On the other hand, all I do is work, and I'm super tired......that doesn't help my frame of mind.

Jung-A Lee's debut album on Yarlung...

Wow! Thanks for this, Brian.

My mom was an organist for most of her life, and Vierne's Carillon was one of her favorite pieces - I have a cherished recording of her performing it at the church where she was head organist for 40 years. Clicking on your link was a bit of an emotional surprise on otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon (Mom's been gone a few years now), but in a good way.

Going to download now. Thanks again for the heads-up.

- Jim

Back