Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A VERY respectable 55db, Markie. Such a great album and a dream come true. Really miss AF. They were a class act. So are you, bro!

Except this one Ralphie, why the fuck did I ever buy this? Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11174.jpg

Except this one Ralphie, why the fuck did I ever buy this? Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 35643

Because even rockers get old, Markie and need some EASY LISTENING. I LOVE JUDY ......... saw her once in Central Park after a wicked rainstorm ....... She had that pure soprano voice and those crystal clear blue eyes ....... LOVE her interpretation of the Beatles' In Your Life.

Birdsong at Morning: Signs and Wonders BD~A 5.1

birdsong-signs-and-wonders-cover-med-res.jpg

Gorgeous album......GREAT 5.1 Surround Mix ....... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Much to my surprise, my copy arrived a day early.

Holy buckets is this a nice sounding disc on so many levels! I used the Dolby Surround ATMOS upmixer and was rewarded with a lovely immersive experience. You just melt into the music and mix.

Blues Traveler: Truth Be Told (DVDA 5.1)

A big thank you to Clint and Lute for encouraging me to pick this up!

I used the Neural:X ATMOS upmixer to give it a bit of depth and then tweaked the channel levels a bit. While the result was a decent enough surround mix, I agree the real star of the show is the fidelity. Probably the best you can hear the Blues Traveler.

R-7306211-1462483428-7098.jpeg.jpg

I used the Neural:X ATMOS upmixer to give it a bit of depth and then tweaked the channel levels a bit. While the result was a decent enough surround mix, I agree the real star of the show is the fidelity. Probably the best you can hear the Blues Traveler.

Thanks for that, just ordered one for a low price. I've been looking for discs with good fidelity even though they might not be multichannel stand outs. I have a few that sound so good I almost forget they're not true surround.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. :) I love coming across little Hirez surround gems like this. Where would we be without this wonderful QQ community, eh!?

Splendid organ sounds (SACD Musicon)

Antonio Vivaldi: La Primavera (Le quattro stagioni)
César Franck: Prélude, Fugue et Variation, Op. 18
Léon Boëllmann: Suite Gothique pour grand orgue, Op. 25
Mieczyslaw Surzynski: Improvisation on the Polish church song, Op. 38
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: VI. Sonate, Op. 65
Johann Sebastian Bach: Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major, BWV 1068; Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, BWV 645; Meine Seele erhebt den Herren, BWV 648 (from the six Schübler Chorales)

Andrzej Chorosinski, organ of St. Jacob's Cathedral

The Aeolian Organ at Duke University Chapel (SACD PentaTone)

Jean Sibelius: Finlandia
Herbert Howells: Rhapsody in D-flat major, Op. 17 No. 1
André Fleury: Vif from Symphony No. 2
Edwin H. Lemare: Irish Air "County Derry"
Marcel Dupré: Trois Préludes et Fugues, Op. 7
Ralph Vaughan Williams: Rhosymedre (Lovely)
Herbert Brewer: Marche Heroique
William Bolcom: Jesus Loves Me
Eugene Gigout: Grand Choeur Dialogue

Christopher Jacobson (Aeolian Organ at Duke University Chapel, North Carolina)

Music for Compline (SACD harmonia mundi)

John Sheppard [c.1515-1558]: Libera nos I & II; In pace in idipsum; Jesu, salvator saeculi, verbum; In manus tuas I; In manus tuas II & III
Plain-chant: Salva nos, Domine; Miserere mihi, Domine; Veni, Domine
William Byrd [1543-1623]: Christe, qui lux es et dies; Miserere mihi, Domine; Nunc dimittis
Thomas Tallis [c.1505-1585]: In manus tuas; Miserere nostri, Domine; In pace in idipsum; Te lucis ante terminum
Robert White [1538-1574]: Christe, qui lux es et dies Plain-chant [-]
Hugh Aston [c.1485-1558]: Gaude, virgo mater Christi .

Stile Antico

Sounds great, just ordered, $9.79.

Back