Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone gave me a convert of a fantastic Quad album.

Has 2 of his greatest hits in quad btw.............Kodachrome , and ...Loves Me Like A Rock . (Ooooooo , baybee .)

Paul Simon - Kodachrome. QUAD

It just BEGS for an official release fwiw. Soooooo good :)

20181202_140954.jpg

Someone gave me a convert of a fantastic Quad album.

Has 2 of his greatest hits in quad btw.............Kodachrome , and ...Loves Me Like A Rock . (Ooooooo , baybee .)

Paul Simon - Kodachrome. QUAD

It just BEGS for an official release fwiw. Soooooo good :)

View attachment 36888

I'll be hip to that all day long (along with Still Crazy...)drool.jpg

I'll be hip to that all day long (along with Still Crazy...)

It's a good one! His 3 quads are quite different in approach (as they were done by different engineers)- the debut is a more subtle mix, Rhymin' is a super-discrete four corner job, and then Still Crazy is also very discrete but has a lot of diagonally panned instruments (stereo drums are FL and RR, stereo piano is FR and RL, etc). That one still has no remix credit, but I'd speculate it was done by Bill Schnee as it's very similar to his quad mix of Breakaway. Also, the song "My Little Town" is the same mix on both albums.

Looks like this has really been stepped on...
View attachment 36895
Just kiddin'... I just think it's interesting how the owl appears to be squashing the sound waves!

This song might be Chycki's best surround mix... so active! As for the rest of "Fly by Night", well, maybe not so much...
It's cool to hear the beginning of their proginess. And By-Tor freakin RAWKS too.

Be-Bop Deluxe "Sunburst Finish" DTS DVD... does anyone else hear a skip at :51 seconds into track 2, "Heavenly Homes"?

This release shines on content (for me) but lacks a bit with regards to fidelity (I raised the LFE +6dB which helped a little); the use of the surrounds is very good and I would definitely purchase another set from Be-Bop if mixed by the same dude :)

OK.. peer pressure.. that is what it is..
Coldplay.. their only one..
OMG ,is this SQUIIIISHED!!!!!!!

DR is .. 3 dB?????

so sad cause it's quite a good album.. gonna take me a looong time til I can obviate that fact...

OK.. peer pressure.. that is what it is..
Coldplay.. their only one..
OMG ,is this SQUIIIISHED!!!!!!!

DR is .. 3 dB?????

so sad cause it's quite a good album.. gonna take me a looong time til I can obviate that fact...
Hmmm, sounded fine the other day, though I wasn't listening super loud.

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle :smokin Really great surround mix! :SB
Which version do you have? I have the CD/DVD-V set but the DVD-V won't play even though the disc says it has "no regional restrictions"
It was released in 2010 by Edsel under license from Demon Music. It's a UK Import

Back