Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guess Who: Rockin' and the Best of the Guess Who Volume II [Dutton Vocalion/QUAD SACD two~fer]

81xTcuhgqUL._SL1429_.jpg

Whew! Back from the Land of the Rising Sun and jet-lagged like a mug . . . and no picture on the telly, so I can't navigate menus on the DVDs I found overseas . . . but, I did score one amazing SACD in the 8th Disc Union I hit one wonderful night in Shinjuku:

that Summer Breeze blowing through the AC-less flat where I stay never sounded so damn good!

Well, thank goodness I had ordered a plethora of discs right before I left; and curses that I ordered the aforementioned plethora: when my wife saw the pile of loot on our dining room table, she turned to me, looked me in the eyes, and said, "You have a problem; we need to talk" Perhaps all I need to do is sit her down with this beauty from DV:

wHOLlY souly moley!

Well, thank goodness I had ordered a plethora of discs right before I left; and curses that I ordered the aforementioned plethora: when my wife saw the pile of loot on our dining room table, she turned to me, looked me in the eyes, and said, "You have a problem; we need to talk" Perhaps all I need to do is sit her down with this beauty from DV:
View attachment 41440
wHOLlY souly moley!
Dude, you need to buy her an AC unit. Then the both of you can enjoy some serious chillin’ to MFSB!

View attachment 41440
wHOLlY souly moley!

just show her plenty good lovin' this summertime, take her for a picnic in the park and she'll smile happy! there may be a few morning tears in the process of getting down with the Philly sound but if love is gone your brothers and sisters are on your side, we got the time if you got the Philly!

ahem. moving swiftly on, listening to in surround;

select Isaac Hayes Quad tracks 🕺

from "Shaft" (Q8), "Tough Guys" (Q8) and "Truck Turner" (SQ decoded by Surround Master)

can you dig it? :dance

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Here's an example of liking a stereo mix more than a surround mix! Absolutely love the power of the song "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" on the Joe Cocker album "Night Calls" on the CD.
Problem is, the power of the choir that tends to drive the song to new heights in the stereo CD version; is pushed way back in the mix and pretty much neuters the whole song in the dts version! And we all know how cringe worthy the thought of neutering is.😱
dts version- discogs here .

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Here's an example of liking a stereo mix more than a surround mix! Absolutely love the power of the song "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" on the Joe Cocker album "Night Calls" on the CD.
Problem is, the power of the choir that tends to drive the song to new heights in the stereo CD version; is pushed way back in the mix and pretty much neuters the whole song in the dts version! And we all know how cringe worthy the thought of neutering is.😱
dts version- discogs here .

View attachment 41453
Are you calling a spayed a spayed?

Man, did I miss this site whilst in Japan! Since the next (DTS!) disc in my pile of Discogs purchases was

I took @esimms86 's advice:

Let the belly rubbin' begin! (For @fredblue) Ima tell my Honey Let's Do It and take her on a Lover Roller Coaster--Fopp yeah! And I Ain't Givin' Up No Ground til she's down. Then I can slip out the AC room and get back in my Sweet (Sticky Thing) Spot and listen to more Surround!

Damn! @esimms86 is MOS DEF right! We were super MSFB chillin" most of the night!

had a LOT of fun, and when we were done getting down, I slipped off to listen to more surround. Next up was what I thought was the appropriately titled

But that mug was mixed SO LOUD i woke my wife and had to get up (as it were) out the Sweet (Sticky Thing) Seat and rinse, lather, repeat

Back