New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my SM 2 today. I was a little alarmed to see that the outer box was not taped shut at all??? The unit seemed to be intact. I won't have time to test it for a while.

Also no autographs on the bottom. :(

I think you had to ask for the autographs in the pre-order thread - and yes, it was quite alarming to see that the box just opened and was not taped! :eek:

I think you had to ask for the autographs in the pre-order thread - and yes, it was quite alarming to see that the box just opened and was not taped! :eek:

I did request the signatures. Twice.

Not the end of the world. But would have been a nice touch. Dave and Chucky, when you visit Florida, I want your autographs.

Greetings all.

I did request the signatures. Twice.

Not the end of the world. But would have been a nice touch. Dave and Chucky, when you visit Florida, I want your autographs.

Yeah, so you may have been told but we've had a little change of structure in here this past week with respect to assembly / shipping / fulfilment - and people wonder why I have trouble delegating. ANYWAY, yarr and so on.

Karl - the best thing will be if you can stand to wait for another unit, we'll get you a signed one and you can send that one back to us via USPS or whatever is best, we'll refund you the cost of shipping to get it back here. PM me for the shipping address etc if you need it. TBH I'm happy to send you a signed one and you can wait until it arrives before shipping that one back, if you want to keep listening in the meantime.

As for the opened boxes - I suspect that is customs, they don't leave here opened, either US Border Control / TSA have become a little more strict lately which, given the political climate, would not surprise me, or else the shipping company is just opening them all for customs to check by default.
It's more likely the first of those possibilities but there is very little we can do about that I'm afraid - you might consider putting in a complaint with the local delivery company.

Will this offset what is clearly a righteous indignation? The signed unit request was definitely received on this end, just not properly handled. Sorry on behalf of the company, Mr. K. I'd apologise personally, but t.b.h. I'm a bit pissed off about it myself. PM me and we'll sort it out.

Smells like mutiny in here.
Yarr
~Bitch (Captain)

Does that include courier/royal mail charge or was that extra?

£73.90 was the all up charge ( inc. duty, VAT & "brokerage") collected by the UPS guy on delivery.

Interesting that all carriers seem to have different approaches to the collection of customs charges - some, like UPS (that Invovle are using in this instance) collect on delivery. Some (like DHL) deliver and then submit an invoice. Royal Mail is very different and submit an invoice that must be paid before delivery is arranged.
Why there can't be one method is baffling.

Last edited:
£73.90 was the all up charge ( inc. duty, VAT & "brokerage") collected by the UPS guy on delivery.

Interesting that all carriers seem to have different approaches to the collection of customs charges - some, like UPS (that Invovle are using in this instance) collect on delivery. Some (like DHL) deliver and then submit an invoice. Royal Mail is very different and submit an invoice that must be paid before delivery is arranged.
Why there can't be one method is baffling.
And I bet Royal Mail would charge near £100 in total!!

Just had it confirmed that it was requirement by USA customs that all packages not be sealed. I suspect the boxes to USA that were taped were inspected and then taped by customs. Its all a bit confusing.

Well I have to admit the shipping boxes are quite impressive. The flap closes tightly and it's not likely to open in it's own, even if dropped. The only downside to not sealing them is that someone somewhere along the shipping path could open it and mess with it or take it out and replace it with a rock! :)

As far as customs goes, I have never quite understood how here in the US we don't have to pay a customs fee on stuff like this. I mean, we get taxed for just about everything we do (and I mean everything :eek: ) yet I have never paid a customs fee for anything received from overseas - ever.

Then again, I am not complaining! :)

Hi. All
I had to pay customs on my SM V2 here in NZ. a couple of years back because of complaints from the locale retailers around NZ that it was not a level playing field they had to pay taxes on what they sold so they complained long enough to them, government gave in to them NOW I have to pay customs BUT 99% what I buy on the internet I cant go to any shop in NZ and buy there SO ITS NOT APPLES FOR APPLES...👿

Yesterday I received an email from [email protected] via p3plcpnl0916.prod.phx3.secureserver.net that said "Your Involve Audio order is now complete. Thanks for shopping with us." It showed my order number from February and was essentially a receipt or bill of sale. I immediately replied "Does this mean my unit has been shipped?" No response yet . . . and still no package :-(

Yesterday I received an email from [email protected] via p3plcpnl0916.prod.phx3.secureserver.net that said "Your Involve Audio order is now complete. Thanks for shopping with us." It showed my order number from February and was essentially a receipt or bill of sale. I immediately replied "Does this mean my unit has been shipped?" No response yet . . . and still no package :-(
Unfortunately I have to agree. It is all very well receiving the confirmation from Involve that their part is done but we are left in limbo as to what carrier is being used and when we can expect delivery. Sorry Charles (Chuckie) but to really give the customer service that this unit deserves, going the extra mile and stating tracking details and carrier details will do your reputation no harm. Just a friendly comment Charles!!

Yesterday I received an email from [email protected] via p3plcpnl0916.prod.phx3.secureserver.net that said "Your Involve Audio order is now complete. Thanks for shopping with us." It showed my order number from February and was essentially a receipt or bill of sale :-(
Me too. But I also received a text from DHL about the same time saying it will be delivered Friday

The first batch were sent out via an Australian freight handling agent called "Your Freight Agent" they appear to have used UPS for all of those deliveries. The agent sent UPS tracking info before Involve sent the "order complete at our end" email on that occasion. I wonder if Involve have not used that agent this time and have simply used DHL directly. All seems a bit odd. I still have no tracking info and questioned it at the time of the order completion memo - but like some other posters have not had a reply.

Unfortunately I have to agree. It is all very well receiving the confirmation from Involve that their part is done but we are left in limbo as to what carrier is being used and when we can expect delivery. Sorry Charles (Chuckie) but to really give the customer service that this unit deserves, going the extra mile and stating tracking details and carrier details will do your reputation no harm. Just a friendly comment Charles!!
I totally agree. It's not just about the product, but everything associated with it (delivery etc)

Back