Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRRRRR! Sat down to finally enjoy

View attachment 42955

and it turns out my coveted copy of Jane Ira Bloom's Sixteen Sunsets is a BD-R--BURNED by Ebay seller from Russian Federation. Lesson learned . . . let me hope my identity is safe! Knew it was too good to be true--I've been searching for this disc for two years! GRRRR

UPDATE! seller changed listing to include the fact that the disc is a burned BD-R! Woo Hoo!

i'm v.sorry to hear you got conned by one of those effin' pirate b@st@rdo's!!!! 😡
what's the packaging like, is it a BD case or card sleeve/digipak?

On the road again, 2 year job in Holland, just got settled in my hotelroom, kick off:

View attachment 42967

oh fudge.. another box/set of stuff with surround inside i still need to open!? (had a bad case of boxsetopenupaphobia this last year or so..! 😬 ah never mind, i'm grateful for your reminder this exists/that i bought it/never played it etc and hope all goes well with your job! 👍

Of course I like minds . . .

View attachment 42995

what's not to like about minds?

There was just something I didn't like about the music on this one :unsure:; with that group of players you'd think that impossible. Music can be funny that way, if you're not in the right mood or frame of mind it can throw you off; but catch it on the right day and it's magical. I'm due to go back and revisit this one for sure.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band the TRAVELER [BD~A/Stereo/DTS HD MA 5.1/Dolby Atmos/Dolby Atmos Headphone Mix/Concord Records]

The Traveler

Some good ole shit~kickin' Country Western Music for a Gloomy, Rainy Labor Day!

Last edited:
Last edited:
We just got back from the Netherlands, did some easy camping in Dwingeloo. No the tent isn't falling over, it's an optical illusion. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fdrD_EwOl1c5vJvUuVWCx3Wg
How is the Dream Theater disc? I have the self titled DVD-A and it's a wall shaker.

I like the sound on this one even better, music matter of taste offcourse but I think it's a great album, hope you had a great holiday in our humble little country :rocks

i'm v.sorry to hear you got conned by one of those effin' pirate b@st@rdo's!!!! 😡
what's the packaging like, is it a BD case or card sleeve/digipak?
from the description:
You will receive: Blu-ray disc in a plastic case with a blue pattern with an insert for artwork (booklet not included)

looks authentic . . . until the disc is taken out and turned over to reveal the circular burned disc patterns.
But a couple of emails to the seller was all it took for her to agree to change her listings. Little victories?

There was just something I didn't like about the music on this one :unsure:; with that group of players you'd think that impossible. Music can be funny that way, if you're not in the right mood or frame of mind it can throw you off; but catch it on the right day and it's magical. I'm due to go back and revisit this one for sure.
Could it be the way Holland's bass is buried in the mix? As far as the music from the super-group, I think it's phenomenal! I was seriously bummed about the rhythm section (most especially Holland) being shortchanged in the mix

from the description:
You will receive: Blu-ray disc in a plastic case with a blue pattern with an insert for artwork (booklet not included)

looks authentic . . . until the disc is taken out and turned over to reveal the circular burned disc patterns.
But a couple of emails to the seller was all it took for her to agree to change her listings. Little victories?

dammit!! those phony phukkas!!! the real release didn't come in a blue BD-MV snapcase, it was in a cardboard digipak thingy!! 😬😱🧐

Back