Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink Floyd - Meddle; 5.1 FLAC
Aside from a minor mixing gaff in One Of These Days, Andy Jackson knocked it out of the park with this mix. This has always been one of my favorite Floyd albums and Jackson's mix really opens things up in a massively immersive and very discrete way. WOW!!!

Such a shame that Roger Waters' ego got the best of him when he decided to halt the continued release of this incredible sonic gem, thereby denying Mr. Jackson much deserved kudos and fans a fantastic listening experience. Dammit Roger!
I finally got to hear this and I like the mix. This must be an unfinished mastering though....
I find the highs incredibly hot. Using the parametric EQ set at 6K and the Q at 10 I dropped the gain -10.
Now this sounds like the Meddle I know and love.
One of these days kicks butt !!!

Pink Floyd - Meddle; 5.1 FLAC
Aside from a minor mixing gaff in One Of These Days, Andy Jackson knocked it out of the park with this mix. This has always been one of my favorite Floyd albums and Jackson's mix really opens things up in a massively immersive and very discrete way. WOW!!!

Such a shame that Roger Waters' ego got the best of him when he decided to halt the continued release of this incredible sonic gem, thereby denying Mr. Jackson much deserved kudos and fans a fantastic listening experience. Dammit Roger!
I finally got to hear this and I like the mix. This must be an unfinished mastering though....
I find the highs incredibly hot. Using the parametric EQ set at 6K and the Q at 10 I dropped the gain -10.

Thanks for this. It hurts my ears less. Much more enjoyable.

Ahhhhhh some progressive rock/metal Dream Theater action! Finally got my grubby hands on the Digipak with the Blu-Ray. Spinning the 5.1 96/24 LPCM

DT_DistanceOverTime.jpg

DT_DistanceOverTime-pack.jpg

Booger Bear (SACD)

anyone who's in any doubt as to the quality of DV's Surround mastering needs to check out their rendering of the Booger Bear Quad, oh my... this is very special indeed.

my old SQ LPs in pretty good nick and it decodes well enough through the Surround Master, i actually really enjoyed playing it just the other day, more than i recall over the years in fact.. yet the new SACD absolutely trounces it in every single way.

forget the question/suggestion of separation, its all there by the bucketload now, i'm talking about the sound quality.

what Santa Dutton and his elves have done here is

-- no word of hype --

abso-bloody-boogering revelatory.

i firmly believe if people had heard this old Quad in this kind of quality back in the 1970's it would have a higher profile now. just a beautiful job all round.

thanks DV & co. Merry Christmas to you and the elves in Austria 👍

Started off with the Blu-Ray of Yes "The Yes Album" and continued with "Fragile" and than "Close to the Edge".
Decided to go all out with Pink Floyd Blu-Rays next but wish Animals was released. Started DSOTM original Quad then the new 5.1, continued the same with WYWH first the Quad and then the 5.1 again.
Finished off the night with Skynyrd Southern Surroundings Blu-Ray, had worked up to Free Bird and the end of listening bliss.
Blu-Ray 6
Others 0

Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana! Live!
(SACD)

you can throw away those old SQ LPs and Q8 tapes of this Quad. in terms of sound quality, this is ten zillion light years ahead of them. no contest.

my only itsy bitsy bugbear (or is it a booger bear!? hehe 😉 ) is... well.. i wish it was a bit longer.. but then who doesn't!! 😆

i feel a quite unexpected (neither this nor Booger Bear were Quads in heavy rotation chez moi the last few years) high score in the QQ Polls coming on... 🤔

Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana! Live!
(SACD)

you can throw away those old SQ LPs and Q8 tapes of this Quad. in terms of sound quality, this is ten zillion light years ahead of them. no contest.

my only itsy bitsy bugbear (or is it a booger bear!? hehe 😉 ) is... well.. i wish it was a bit longer.. but then who doesn't!! 😆

i feel a quite unexpected (neither this nor Booger Bear were Quads in heavy rotation chez moi the last few years) high score in the QQ Polls coming on... 🤔
How is 4F ? (Free Form Funkafide Filth)

Back