Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember! and its a bit late to start playing them to find out, not sure the neighbours will like Chicago until the early hours, well there are a lot of discs to check, loudly :devilish:

Where's your sense of adventure, Man? Do you think Chicagoans Jake and Elwood would've cared?

See the source image

Anybody heard anything about a re-pressing of this box? Elusive Disc’s website states they are expecting inventory 6-30-20. I sent them an email this morning and they quickly replied this information was correct they were expecting a shipment approximately on that date. I was getting ready to buy one on eBay or from a Amazon reseller for too much money, and picking one up for list price would be a good deal.

Anybody heard anything about a re-pressing of this box? Elusive Disc’s website states they are expecting inventory 6-30-20. I sent them an email this morning and they quickly replied this information was correct they were expecting a shipment approximately on that date. I was getting ready to buy one on eBay or from a Amazon reseller for too much money, and picking one up for list price would be a good deal.
Welcome to QQ! I can't find any news about it, but I see no reason to doubt Elusive Disc--GREAT find!!

Thanks for the information @aardvark2300
Your 1st post?
Welcome to the QQ forum !

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/chicago/chicago-quadio-box-9-disc-blu-ray-audio
The above have them in stock at $159, ordered 1 last week + $16 shipping to the UK. , free shipping at the moment for those in the USA.

I tried ordering from Merchbar but once I got to the checkout I got a message saying β€œthis item is temporarily unavailable for purchase. It may have gone out of stock since you added it to your cart”. However, I was able to place an order through Elusive Disc.

I tried ordering from Merchbar but once I got to the checkout I got a message saying β€œthis item is temporarily unavailable for purchase. It may have gone out of stock since you added it to your cart”. However, I was able to place an order through Elusive Disc.
The order went through & has been paid for, so hopefully all should be well

Last edited:
Elusive Disc just issued a refund for my order. Looks like it maybe was too good to be true...

It looks like Elusive Disc only refunded the shipping fees and not the set itself. There is still hope yet! I will reach out just to make sure the rest of the order still stands.

It looks like Elusive Disc only refunded the shipping fees and not the set itself. There is still hope yet! I will reach out just to make sure the rest of the order still stands.

Got this back from Elusive Disc:

"Hello Steve and thank you for your order! The website only calculates free shipping for in stock items and you did qualify for it so I went ahead refunded that fee. We will get this shipped ASAP upon its arrival. "

Bring on the Quadio! :LB

Some guy over at SHF bought hundreds of them - for investment! :rolleyes:
You might be able to find the thread over there, but that was probably him. Not sure it will work out too well for him though. Most folks interested in the set bought them first hand.
This might work out if he can find β€œhundreds” of collectors who want the physical media. Itβ€˜s more likely he will fall victim to the ease of digital file sharing. Perhaps in fifty years he or his heirs will get big bucks for them...almost as much as he would get by obtaining bank CDs after inflation.

This might work out if he can find β€œhundreds” of collectors who want the physical media. Itβ€˜s more likely he will fall victim to the ease of digital file sharing. Perhaps in fifty years he or his heirs will get big bucks for them...almost as much as he would get by obtaining bank CDs after inflation.

This guy better hope that "disc rot" doesn't pay a visit to his collection :cautious:

Back