Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Clinton in surround, Atomic Dog
Who would have thought that I one day I would hear that, one off funky dude, in surround!!

I have been listening to quite a few songs recently and noting my reaction to them.
Another example of a fine release, is Styx's Mr Roboto

Overall, I'm becoming more and more sold on what Tidal is offering in this streaming of Dolby Atmos.

Belinda Carlisle
Heaven is a Place On Earth

The Record Label does not permit Streaming of this track!!

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth... Clearly too much for international streaming rights! 😂 And our American cousins don't seem be able to stream Rock Lobster for some reason?! Totally bizarre!

George Clinton in surround, Atomic Dog
Who would have thought that I one day I would hear that, one off funky dude, in surround!!

I have been listening to quite a few songs recently and noting my reaction to them.
Another example of a fine release, is Styx's Mr Roboto

Overall, I'm becoming more and more sold on what Tidal is offering in this streaming of Dolby Atmos.
I have listened to most of the playlists, and we need more! Far few titles as of the moment.

David Leonard for "Shallow," Rob Orton for "Just Dance." No mix credit for the other tracks.

Some of David Leonard's other Atmos mixes tracks may be well done but when listening to 'Gimme Three Steps' by Lynyrd Skynyrd I was not impressed with how low the vocal balance was in the mix. Maybe he did that one late on a Friday at the end of a long week.

Then there is the POP playlist...57 songs in there.
This may not be to everyone's taste, I'm certainly learning about new artists!!
But what I am finding is that there is a defining difference in standard of mixing between older and newer releases. Not in every case but I'm definitely sitting up more to these newer releases and their very good mixes.
I wonder if the market they are aiming at, is taking up this Atmos streaming?

Case in point of the crowd Tidal is aiming for - 1 new album and 1 play list added today both Hip-Hop genre. The new Hip Hop playlist is not the same as the previous two - At Home: Hip Hop and Hip Hop Classics. Some of these playlists do seem to share some songs across each other.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back