Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the cheapest for Canada is ImportCDs, with a total cost plus shipping of $63.80 USD or ~ $85 CAD. I think I'll pull the trigger and then wait and see whether it gets a release here before the date.

Just went to check my "preorder order" at yamazone.uk and I saw it was 38.48 GBP with shipping....which amounts to $50.44...quite a good deal...can´t wait to get it..
BTW, I saw that someone DARED to remix it to STEREO...heathen!!!...I am sure Roland wanted another stereo mix...got my very serious doubts about that, but...we'll see!!!

I've been watching this little video all day today, cause I'm just so fucking excited that this is finally gonna be released!
I think this could be the holy grail of ALL of Steven Wilson's 5.1 mixes (like even better than "Roxy Music", "Tales from Topographic Oceans", "Larks' Tongues in Aspic" etc.)
He thinks that this is not only one of the best albums of that year (1989) or that decade, but he puts it in the league of the top 5 best albums of ALL TIME, so I think he's REALLY put his heart and soul into this remix above all others specifically because of how high he holds this album up.

Anyway, this is such a great day for our community, right up there with the news of the Doobie Brothers Quadio set!

Hope really does spring eternal!

:)

It's funny, as a life long TFF fan (Songs from the Big Chair was the first album I ever bought, aged 12), I love all their work but... I have long felt that Seeds of Love is their weakest album. It has two of their best songs ever ("Sowing the Seeds of Love," "Woman in Chains"), two good songs that are middle of the pack for me ("Bad Man's Song," "Advice for the Young at Heart"), but it also has four songs I just haven't ever been able to get into. Indeed the first "side" of the album is solid. The second "side" I've just never been able to get into.

I actually like three of the B-Sides from this era far better, "My Life in the Suicide Ranks," "Always in the Past" and "Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams."

That said, I am insanely excited for this album in 5.1 and who knows? Maybe the new mix will entice me to really give side two another chance.

Just went to check my "preorder order" at yamazone.uk and I saw it was 38.48 GBP with shipping....which amounts to $50.44...quite a good deal...can´t wait to get it..
BTW, I saw that someone DARED to remix it to STEREO...heathen!!!...I am sure Roland wanted another stereo mix...got my very serious doubts about that, but...we'll see!!!
What is their website? Could you please provide the link :bowing: ? Also do they wait til it ships before charging your account? :D

What is their website? Could you please provide the link :bowing: ? Also do they wait til it ships before charging your account? :D

MM, KAP is referring to AmazonUK when a few days ago when there was confusion among the various websites in listing this box set they dropped the price for a VERY brief period then raised it again. Kap bit and got it at the reduced price.

Well, it was a preorder price from a few days ago at amazon.co.uk
I don´t know if it´s still at that price, but you can check it out, though...
;)

Nope....they raised the price again. Kap, you took a chance and bit and reaped the rewards. Great deal! Their price is now $60 including s/h to the States, which is still not bad.

AmazonUS is NOW charging $80 + sales tax for US buyers!

Last edited:
Back