Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who am I kidding Jon? I will probably keep it. My survivors won’t know to do with stuff!View attachment 56160

Wow, what an amazing collection. Is that the SRV SACD boxset up there on the top of the shelf?

I fixed the image for you:
9EE050FB-0AF7-4096-989E-0E771EB674A5.jpeg

I have an unopened box from udiscover music delivered yesterday. Thinking seriously about returning it even though I may have to pay the return shipping. Such a shame.
Try selling it on eBay......I'm sure you'll get more than your money $$ back.....considering most retailers and even sellers on eBay are currently OUT OF STOCK :D

Wow, what an amazing collection. Is that the SRV SACD boxset up there on the top of the shelf?

View attachment 56163
Hey thanks for fixing the picture!

View attachment 56163
Hey thanks for fixing my picture! Yes, that’s the APO Texas Hurricane Box. SRV has a special place in my heart. Went to UT in the early 80s and say him many times in the bars before his 1st album. That set and the Louis Armstrong - Ambassador of Jazz box to the right won’t fit!

Hey thanks for fixing the picture!

Hey thanks for fixing my picture! Yes, that’s the APO Texas Hurricane Box. SRV has a special place in my heart. Went to UT in the early 80s and say him many times in the bars before his 1st album. That set and the Louis Armstrong - Ambassador of Jazz box to the right won’t fit!
Just ordered the SACD of that one this holiday weekend from musicdirect 15% off. Been mulling it over for years.

Just ordered the SACD of that one this holiday weekend from musicdirect 15% off. Been mulling it over for years.
You won’t be disappointed. The In Step SACD is a little disappointing because it was completely digitally recorded and doesn’t sound as natural/warm as the others. Shame because that’s his high point.

You won’t be disappointed. The In Step SACD is a little disappointing because it was completely digitally recorded and doesn’t sound as natural/warm as the others. Shame because that’s his high point.

Agree! Have the Texas Hurricane SACD boxset as well, it's really great. Texas Flood (Lenny) and Couldn't Stand the Weather are amazing, very warm sounding (better than vinyl) due to the SACD/DSD format. My fav tracks off InStep are Riviera and Tightrope which sound ok, did not know this was a digital recording..

Agree! Have the Texas Hurricane SACD boxset as well, it's really great. Texas Flood (Lenny) and Couldn't Stand the Weather are amazing, very warm sounding (better than vinyl) due to the SACD/DSD format. My fav tracks off InStep are Riviera and Tightrope which sound ok, did not know this was a digital recording..
Yeah it really kills the dynamic range. Okay last post on this or we need to start another thread. Hate it when a thread goes of topic. Sorry.

It's even more confusing when you factor in that it was broadcast in quad.......at least I have my boot DVD-audio to cover that.

I'd forgotten about that - I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but all the King Biscuit Flower Hour quad masters burned up in a warehouse fire in the early 80's, so the conversions that exist are probably as close as anyone's going to get to the quad mix. As far as I know, KBFH only ever sent out SQ-encoded reels so the discrete 4 channel master that perished in the fire was probably the only copy anywhere. All the modern-day re-releases of KBFH material is newly mixed from the multitracks, which (some years later) the current rights holders discovered were stored independently from the mixed masters.

I'd forgotten about that - I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but all the King Biscuit Flower Hour quad masters burned up in a warehouse fire in the early 80's, so the conversions that exist are probably as close as anyone's going to get to the quad mix. As far as I know, KBFH only ever sent out SQ-encoded reels so the discrete 4 channel master that perished in the fire was probably the only copy anywhere. All the modern-day re-releases of KBFH material is newly mixed from the multitracks, which (some years later) the current rights holders discovered were stored independently from the mixed masters.

I have a couple of the "homemade" quad KBFH dvd-a's. They're mixed really well. The Faces one from '75 is excellent.

I hear you Jon, but damn it we love our hobby and that’s what counts! It’s their problem when we take the dirt nap...
Is it not funny how us old dudes just keep the love alive. Steve, stop sleeping with yours cds dvds and records.! The idea is to be able to listen, unless your in the race. I have everything on hard drives, dvda, sacd, dts quad conversions. I decided long ago, they dont need to do it and i can listen to anything in a few seconds. Oppo love. Tapes go bad, moving it is a pain. The skinny way can be happy!!

Back