Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...With Ultravox’s Vienna, Amazon US is delivering it today and it was released Friday....

The issue seems to be on the labels not being able to get these things out of warehouses.
I'm even having issues with that release too. I guess that goes to show me that preordering from ImportCDs, Bull Moose, DD etc... isn't even close to a guaranteed thing.

I am disappointed in the labels as well. After reading that article in which SW talks about the labels having to go back to the vaults 4 or 5 times to try and find tapes and how expensive that is, this set should be plentiful for anyone who wants it at release. Most of the expense from this set is getting all the tapes (and failing in that) for the 5.1 mix. If you can't come up with enough copies to even cover all of that, then what's the point?

Great point there. I can't pretend to be an expert in the distribution of these things but it boggles me to think that the labels can't supply these retailers with enough copies to match their initial buys. Unless something has drastically changed over the years, the labels are not selling these on consignment.

I get that they are trying to better manage their overstock margins but it is evident they suck at forecasting with either demand or production timelines. There really is no reason why this release in particular should be having distribution problems. The label set the release date which should have accounted for delays.

That seems to be an easy but inaccurate excuse these days.

From a Personal Level:
The independent artist, Fish, was able to orchestrate the production of his new album within a three month window and distribute all pre-orders (10,000 +) from his UK home within a week.

Posting through Royal Mail & the USPS my shipment took less than a week to get to Atlanta, GA.

With Ultravox’s Vienna, Amazon US is delivering it today and it was released Friday.

On a Work Level:
It has been sometimes tough get orders fulfilled on a production level but the shipping of those goods once they get in a logistics lane is moving 15% faster than pre-Covid delivery times. Although I suspect industrial shipping orders are likely lower than normal currently.

The issue seems to be on the labels not being able to get these things out of warehouses.
The virus is also hitting labels ;)

Amazon is bumming me out....
Got this today....(order placed August 18)

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.44.54 AM.png

and still have this bizarre arrival date...(order placed September 3)
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.43.28 AM.png

That seems to be an easy but inaccurate excuse these days.

From a Personal Level:
The independent artist, Fish, was able to orchestrate the production of his new album within a three month window and distribute all pre-orders (10,000 +) from his UK home within a week.

Posting through Royal Mail & the USPS my shipment took less than a week to get to Atlanta, GA.

With Ultravox’s Vienna, Amazon US is delivering it today and it was released Friday.

On a Work Level:
It has been sometimes tough get orders fulfilled on a production level but the shipping of those goods once they get in a logistics lane is moving 15% faster than pre-Covid delivery times. Although I suspect industrial shipping orders are likely lower than normal currently.

Awww. Cannot get your ship out.

The virus is also hitting labels ;)

The reissue announcement was made August 19. Wouldn't you think they had a grasp of anticipated production/distribution delays by then?

Just a bit frustrated & FOMA paranoia here on my end. On a few occasions, I have missed out on a release because my choice of retailer never ended up getting their full pre-order supply.

Awww. Cannot get your ship out.

Sorry I missing the intent on this post. Is it supposed to be taken as a jab?

I mean complaining about your music taking a little longer to get to you while the world is in the midst of a pandemic is a bit silly. So I tried to point out that silliness by quoting Yoda.

I mean complaining about your music taking a little longer to get to you while the world is in the midst of a pandemic is a bit silly. So I tried to point out that silliness by quoting Yoda.

Well… I don’t think the ridiculing response is quite warranted.

I am not sure why expressing my frustration to a supply chain issue needs to be directly correlated to convictions on a pandemic response.

I wouldn't have an issue but its not exactly like this one across the board. The John Lennon release (Which was released on the same day as this) is still available and can be shipped within 2-3 days. Goat's Head Soup also had no issues (I think). Why does this one (And Ultravox - Vienna) seem to be caught up?

I'm just super bummed because this album is phenomenal and I thought I would be enjoying it right now.

The increased demand for those two might have something do with Steven Wilson's involvement...
Doubtful, like others have mentioned, it's likely a supply issue. We're seeing this everywhere; it's not that the distributors are selling out, they just haven't even received stock from the label. Most people here pre-ordered months ago.

Back