• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jeff Beck Group - Truth

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider this perspective. The last time I sold a rare and valuable SACD for 'a good price', I sold it to someone who assured me that it was his wife's favourite album, and it was for her birthday. A few days later, it ended up on eBay (I had my suspicions) … and the final selling price was substantial. I learned a hard lesson.

As for the WYWH SACD, I sold my sealed copy for $100+ before they announced that it would be reissued. VERY few titles are reissued, so buy them while you can if you 'refuse' to pay market prices. Why should anyone sell a rare title for cheap … especially when it might be resold for profit?

Many sellers who have the foresight to buy multiple copies do so to be able to trade for other rare titles, not to bank profits. Selling at market price allows the purchase of other rare titles. There are two sides to every coin.

Yes. "Wife" and "SACD" should have been the clue.... lol

The last time I bought a "favorite album" for my wife? It was a CD of Cheap Trick's "Dream Police". I think I paid $5.99 and she was thrilled.:ROFLMAO:

I have had every version of Truth since inception. I currently own all the modern day versions, most notable are the Japanese, Audio Fidelity, and HDTracks versions.
There is not a huge difference in any including the original RBCD.
My advice if looking for a 24bit version, two choices, Audio Fidelity and HDTracks, if unable to find the AF I would definitely go with the HDTracks which really sounds great for the money. I have both in my library and when A/B them it is really hard to tell difference. In fact when looking at the Dynamic Range supplied by my JRiver software player they both range from 9-12 on tracks and go exactly the same for the most part.
EDIT: This from CDJapan also good with 8 bonus tracks, I have this: CDJapan Truth
I noticed this Live Truth 1968, I don't have it, I think I should get it. Live Truth 1968
I just ordered “Live Truth” thanks to this post. I just hope it’s not a SHITTY SOUNDING BOOTLEG....which I bet it is....if it is I’ll get back to CDJapan and they will credit my account towards my next order....and once I’ve checked it out I’ll update on this thread😀

Going through this thread Snood was like :eek: Bought this SACD only because me love me Some Rod and Jeff together........Love this SACD.

when saw you guys talking prices was like huh nah :unsure:

But ya :eek: wtf o_O

Hey Snood - yes the prices for the Truth SACD have reached the stratosphere....I've seen it listed for over $200. Not paying that....Coincidentally I received two Jeff Beck Japanese Mini LP CDs and the Truth one (with bonus tracks) sounds really great. So I'll live with this until I can find a reasonably priced SACD or they reissue it.

IMG_3048.jpg

Hey Snood - yes the prices for the Truth SACD have reached the stratosphere....I've seen it listed for over $200. Not paying that....Coincidentally I received two Jeff Beck Japanese Mini LP CDs and the Truth one (with bonus tracks) sounds really great. So I'll live with this until I can find a reasonably priced SACD or they reissue it.

View attachment 39326
How does the TRUTH Japanese Expanded Edition compare sound wise to the US pressing. I though the US pressing was great for the price especially with the added bonus material. This is a HISTORIC album and if Jeff stayed with it the way it was could probably out done Zep I hate to say

Also have the rest of Jeff Beck on SACD multichannel and quad, which all sound amazing....most of these are still available from CDJapan although prices for some are slowly going up...

View attachment 39327
I’ve got WIRED & BLOW BY BLOW and they are GREAT!! But it would be a HANDS DOWN SLAM DUNK if they released TRUTH in the same 7” format with 4 channel sound!!:51QQ:QQlove:SG

Unfortunately, there were no quad mixes of Truth or Beck-Ola done back in the ‘70s.

However, there is said to be an unreleased quad of Jeff Beck With The Jan Hammer Group Live, a live album featuring tracks from Blow By Blow and Wired. But if Sony Japan couldn’t dig it up it probably was never done...

Unfortunately, there were no quad mixes of Truth or Beck-Ola done back in the ‘70s.

However, there is said to be an unreleased quad of Jeff Beck With The Jan Hammer Group Live, a live album featuring tracks from Blow By Blow and Wired. But if Sony Japan couldn’t dig it up it probably was never done...
Right that may be so but that doesn't mean that one can't be done now:) Good example would be Steve Wilson's 4.0 of version of Jethro Tull's "This Was":51QQ As they say "When There's a Will There's a Way"

Right that may be so but that doesn't mean that one can't be done now:) Good example would be Steve Wilson's 4.0 of version of Jethro Tull's "This Was":51QQ As they say "When There's a Will There's a Way"

There lots of great quad recordings available, Sabbath Vol 4. is great. If the original recording was done in quad such as Wired, BB&A then this what we get. I don't think they would do a modern remix for quad, they would do a full 5.1 mix.

it's an interesting one because the rear of the sleeve on the LP of that Jeff Beck/Jan Hammer Live album actually goes on to mention where stuff is in the soundfield;

CDE830D2-B059-4448-B507-93426A9D9453.jpeg

"The stereo spectrum of this album duplicates the stage set-up with guitar positioned center right, keyboards center left, violin right & drums and bass center"

i thought that might just mean it was maybe a stealth SQ-encoded Quad or something.. but the results weren't anything to write home about when i ran Duncan's needledrop through the Surround Master's SQ mode so i guess not!? oh well.. o_O

"The stereo spectrum of this album duplicates the stage set-up with guitar positioned center right, keyboards center left, violin right & drums and bass center"

That is interesting! I'd guess that the quad mix would've expanded that layout to something like drums/bass across the front, and guitar/keys/violin thrown to the corners. Shame it never came to be...

From Mark Anderson's Surround Discography:
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 2.36.01 PM.png

Lets see, I have quite a few Jeff Beck Truth's, one of my favorite albums of all time. So far the best two versions where the HDTracks and Audio Fidelity.
Now MOFI takes a turn at the iconic album from 1968. Limited to 2500 Hybrid SACD stereo.
View attachment 66593
Very nice!!! In your opinion who does better pressings of SACD’s Audio Fidelity or MOFI?

Also is this the 1st time both AF & MOFI have released the same titles in same format?

Last edited:
Back