Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would caution forum members that this thread is intended for comments on the listening aspects of streaming music that is still commercially available. As such any technical comments about the manipulation of this material will be removed. Thanks in advance.

That Jonsi album is real good. Makes me want the Sigur Ros catalogue and a lot more ambient releases than what we currently have.

Honestly would have thought there would be a lot more ambient out by now, it seems like a slam dunk for the format.

While I'm here, for the Ghibli fans out there:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/dream-songs-the-essential-joe-hisaishi/1485854555https://music.apple.com/us/album/songs-of-hope-the-essential-joe-hisaishi-vol-2/1574617362and a Solo Piano (I... don't get the prevalence of Piano atmos mixes. There's not much you can do IMO. Doesn't sound that big on the Airpod Pros/Max or on my 5.1.2 soundbar (yeah I know. First apartment, gotta start somewhere)) release
https://music.apple.com/us/album/encore/1498699296

OneRepublic's Native sounds really good at first glance, there's acoustic guitars isolated in the rear speakers throughout "Counting Stars". The acoustic bonus tracks are also in Atmos, and feature strings in the rears.

lyrics? lmao
I know you are listening to this on blu-ray so lyrics aren't likely viewable, but on Apple Music there is an option to view the lyrics. I tried this once with Yello - Point, and it was bad. Really bad. But as you imply, the lyrics aren't the point of this kind of music. And the mix is that good.

lyrics? lmao

Some of my favorite lyrics of last year!

"White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
Do you want me to do
Don't take me for a fool
I'm only happy man
I jump out of the can
Do you want me to do
Don't take me for a fool
I'm only happy man
I jump out of the can
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
I know I want to do
Tell me, how do you do?
I like to shift the dance
Don't want to lose a pence
I don't wanna get one more chance
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
..."

I know you are listening to this on blu-ray so lyrics aren't likely viewable, but on Apple Music there is an option to view the lyrics. I tried this once with Yello - Point, and it was bad. Really bad. But as you imply, the lyrics aren't the point of this kind of music. And the mix is that good.

I didnt even know its on Apple cuz ive got bluray but ive listened to Booka Shade albums on 🍎

I know you are listening to this on blu-ray so lyrics aren't likely viewable, but on Apple Music there is an option to view the lyrics. I tried this once with Yello - Point, and it was bad. Really bad.

I know that on some other groups, songs, etc atmos on apple music that apple must be using some sort of algorithm, as opposed to the real lyric sheet, because on some songs the algorithm makes a mess of some of the words and completely changes the meaning of the song.

This is one instance, IMO, where algorithms aren't the best answer for everything single thing on the planet.

I know that on some other groups, songs, etc atmos on apple music that apple must be using some sort of algorithm, as opposed to the real lyric sheet, because on some songs the algorithm makes a mess of some of the words and completely changes the meaning of the song.

This is one instance, IMO, where algorithms aren't the best answer for everything single thing on the planet.

Apple doesn't generate the lyrics using an algorithm. The lyrics are embedded in the stream as provided by the music labels. What you are seeing is sloppiness on the part of the music labels. I've seen some real doozies.

An Elvis Christmas song where all the occurrences of "plea" have "pea", etc. "Then Santa, hear my pea".

Some of my favorite lyrics of last year!

"White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
Do you want me to do
Don't take me for a fool
I'm only happy man
I jump out of the can
Do you want me to do
Don't take me for a fool
I'm only happy man
I jump out of the can
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
White ubble bubble ubble
White u-bubble ubble
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
I know I want to do
Tell me, how do you do?
I like to shift the dance
I jump out of the bottle
I do the double bubble
..."
I would have sworn this was penned by Shakespeare. It’s that impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back