Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon Music has several Atmos selections
Hard to navigate
If you search, Beatles, etc., you get selected tracks
All sound good
Not DVD/A, or BluRay Audio quality, IMHO!

Let it Be great in Atmos
Michael Jackson I'll be there in atmos song brings tears to the eyes...but finding tracks very difficult n im having to rewind alot cuz of missing channel info n havinh to restart Alot of tracks

Onth apple tv great otoh its buggy but glad to be able to listen to Beatles n Kiss n George Harrison releases without 2nd mortgage payment is good

Let it Be great in Atmos
Michael Jackson I'll be there in atmos song brings tears to the eyes...but finding tracks very difficult n im having to rewind alot cuz of missing channel info n havinh to restart Alot of tracks

Onth apple tv great otoh its buggy but glad to be able to listen to Beatles n Kiss n George Harrison releases without 2nd mortgage payment is good

Looks like tvOS 15.2 was just released and it fixes the AppleTV Dolby Audio/Atmos bug so update away!

I purchased the box set of Cahoots, which I felt was best to leave at 5.1 as the Atmos had a weak signal and really only using the two rear heights.
Others had mentioned the Apple stream version, so I thought I would try.
It is basically the same but the streaming vs the hard disc is not as good. Some songs in the streaming are not quite strong enough to really get the two rear heights going depending on the track, whereas the hard disc the two rear heights are going on every track.
Having now listened to both the streaming and the hard disc, I stay firm, this release is best not to be considered a good Atmos in any version.
The hard disc 5.1 DTS HD Mstr is your best version.

I purchased the box set of Cahoots, which I felt was best to leave at 5.1 as the Atmos had a weak signal and really only using the two rear heights.
Others had mentioned the Apple stream version, so I thought I would try.
It is basically the same but the streaming vs the hard disc is not as good. Some songs in the streaming are not quite strong enough to really get the two rear heights going depending on the track, whereas the hard disc the two rear heights are going on every track.
Having now listened to both the streaming and the hard disc, I stay firm, this release is best not to be considered a good Atmos in any version.
The hard disc 5.1 DTS HD Mstr is your best version.
I'm listening to Cahoot just now on Apple Music, and it sounds good to me in Atmos. There are output both from the front and rear heights, but strongest from the rears. I like the mix and music very much. As the boxset price is $200 locally, streaming will have to do. :cool:

I'm listening to Cahoot just now on Apple Music, and it sounds good to me in Atmos. There are output both from the front and rear heights, but strongest from the rears. I like the mix and music very much. As the boxset price is $200 locally, streaming will have to do. :cool:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, you are totally correct. Saving the money and not buying the boxset is completely valid when you can get basically the same thing, maybe a notch down, for free. Free is good, nothing wrong with that.

I saw 2 versions of that on Tidal.
I think at least for AM, the Atmos one is just the expanded edition one with 21 tracks (the 4 bonus tracks also all in Atmos). There’s also a stereo only version with 17 tracks.

The Stereo version should have a release date of 2020, while the Atmos (which also has a different cover art), should have a release of 2021

Jonsi - Obsidian
https://music.apple.com/us/album/obsidian/1590855647?lsJonsi's third solo album, and the most electronic and ambient. The first two utilizing much more traditional song structures than this one. It has vocal sounds, but not a lot of lyrics.
Atmos mix by Michael Keeley, whose post about it I just happened to see. He was working on it just a couple weeks ago.
Jonsi is the voice and main songwriter of sigur ros.
The mix starts fairly conservative, but there are some pretty adventurous moves and some very unique sounds happening as is goes on.
The album was released in conjunction with a physical art installation in NYC, with surround and multiple speaker setups.
Hopefully we see more atmos from Jonsi.

Thanks!
Not sure why it didn't make this list.

Do you have a Sgt Pepper link by chance?

I have noticed for a long time now that Tidal is completely incompetent at updating their Atmos new release section. I see albums all the time that are newly released in Atmos on Apple Music that are also on Tidal if you search, but do not appear on their new release Atmos section. The latest examples I can think of are Lorde's previous albums, and the album you mentioned.

Most people will see this as a Christian music release and skip over it.

In my opinion one of the best live recordings I have heard in Atmos. (Has immersive presence only comparable to 5.1 Porcupine Tree releases.)

Track one male vocal has a sprinkling of Bono about him.

https://music.apple.com/au/album/live-from-rehearsals-ep/1598189975

TPT - Nothing But The Truth

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back