Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 5.1 mix good?

It's similar to BS's other Katatonia remixes - far better dynamic range than the stereo version, with plenty of discrete elements in the rears (rhythm guitars, harmony vocals, keyboards/mellotron, etc). The biggest difference I've noticed so far is that the vocals are mostly confined to the center speaker, whereas Fall Of Hearts and Great Cold Distance had them primarily in the front channels with a bit of reinforcement in the center. There are supposedly some guitar lines missing from the 5.1 version, but I don't know the original album well enough to tell.

Thought I'd go a bit to the left today...

Not that funny, is it?

R-7972811-1633749025-9557.jpeg.jpg

The Doors - Strange Days

View attachment 74512

I love that Perception Box set in Surround , from Strange Days to L A Woman.
Would be nice however ,if Bruce Botnick could upmix The Doors first......oh ,say in Penteo or something similar?
The first disc is THE DOORS... Musically Epic Creation ,👂👂 badly in need of a slight redo IMHO.
[ At least with something more than lite ambience in the rears.]

Absolutely no complaints with what he's acheived with The Doors to date ,otherwise .

16399609327823067933475194686380.jpg

😍

Picked this one last week.

Covers of Clapton, Yardbirds , Jeff Beck , John Mayall and Led Zep. Not a bad Surround mix given it's at the Royal Naval College ....outdoors. FWIW It's my first Joe Bonamassa ......and I like it. Also mix by none other than , Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin 5.1 live albums)

🤗

I hope he does one more in The British Blues Rock series. Perhaps including some Savoy Brown ,Ten Years After , Sensational Alex Harvey Band ,and Dire Straits..amongst others .

Here's hoping .

🤩

20211219_185729.jpg
20211219_185752.jpg

Picked this one last week.

Covers of Clapton, Yardbirds , Jeff Beck , John Mayall and Led Zep. Not a bad Surround mix given it's at the Royal Naval College ....outdoors. FWIW It's my first Joe Bonamassa ......and I like it. Also mix by none other than , Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin 5.1 live albums)

🤗

I hope he does one more in The British Blues Rock series. Perhaps including some Savoy Brown ,Ten Years After , Sensational Alex Harvey Band ,and Dire Straits..amongst others .

Here's hoping .

🤩

View attachment 74518View attachment 74519
Be sure to catch this one also please -recommended!

https://www.discogs.com/release/19249447-Joe-Bonamassa-Now-Serving-Royal-Tea-Live-From-The-Ryman

Back