Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easter tradition.....

1650202177843.png

New used LP finds: (deep cleaning dirty old vinyls today)

Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express ~ Straight Ahead
MAZE feat. Frankie Beverly ~ Can’t Stop the Love (nm early pressing promo disc)
Phoebe Snow ~ Second Childhood
Donald Fagan ~ New Frontier & the Goodbye Look (nm 12”promo single)
Savoy Brown ~ Street Corner Talking
Bobby Timmons ~ Sweet and Soulful Sounds

New used LP finds: (deep cleaning dirty old vinyls today)

Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express ~ Straight Ahead
MAZE feat. Frankie Beverly ~ Can’t Stop the Love (nm early pressing promo disc)
Phoebe Snow ~ Second Childhood
Donald Fagan ~ New Frontier & the Goodbye Look (nm 12”promo single)
Savoy Brown ~ Street Corner Talking
Bobby Timmons ~ Sweet and Soulful Sounds
M-D-Z, if you like Brian Auger's O. E., "Closer To It!" is a must have title of theirs IMO.

Thanks pupster, I agree!

I am listening now to a nice mint copy of Super Session that I picked up yesterday. Lost count of how many versions and duplicates I have now of this title.

I just looked through 21 separate Brian Auger titles in my collection, starting with Julie Driscoll 1967 to 2021, I think there’s something even newer available from him this year.
Did you ever listen to his you tube interviews where he talks about jamming with Jimi Hendrix and they decided they would start a band together, but when BA found out who JH had just signed with, BA said something to the effect, “oh hell no, never!”
Can you imagine the possibilities of a band with these two geniuses together?!

Last edited:
From Wiki-P:

The Yardbirds recorded "For Your Love" at the IBC Studios in London on 1 February 1965.[1][2] The majority of the song was recorded with singer Keith Relf and drummer Jim McCartybacked by session musician Ron Prentice on bowed bass, Denny Piercy on bongos, and Brian Auger on harpsichord.[1]Guitarists Eric Clapton and Chris Dreja perform only during the song's double-time middle break section.[1] Bassist Paul Samwell-Smith assumed the production duties and is listed as musical director on the 45.[8] At the conclusion of the session, Auger wondered, "Who, in their right mind, is going to buy a pop single with harpsichord on it?"[9]

A pivotal moment in rock music history!

My original album from 1969, has held up really well! Loved the early psychedelic stuff!! Later in 80's became friendly with Doug Ingle (lead singer) who invited us to his home in San Diego. He and Ron Bushy the drummer autographed my cover and lots of other memorabilia. Such a great guy with an outstanding voice☺
tempImage34VXNw.png
!!!

My original album from 1969, has held up really well! Loved the early psychedelic stuff!! Later in 80's became friendly with Doug Ingle (lead singer) who invited us to his home in San Diego. He and Ron Bushy the drummer autographed my cover and lots of other memorabilia. Such a great guy with an outstanding voice☺View attachment 78032!!!

I love the juxtaposition of the group name and dumbbells. The hex shapes suddenly and inexplicably resemble the wings of a butterfly. Maybe it’s the whole bilateral symmetry thing.
I bought that album when new, but the entire collection was stolen around 1980, and I never replaced it, now I have to find one, thanks for the reminder. I’m listening to the full album now on you tube,
A part of my brain was conflicted over this photo due to the dumbbells not being spherically formed (like a ball) at each end.

Last edited:
The dumbbells are there, next to my office surround system so I can work out my aging 63 yr old body while I listen and reminisce.

Before I bought my copy of IB, I took my Lloyds mini reel to reel recorder to tape a few songs from my friends copy. Wish I still had that recorder!! Just a year later in 1970 WNEW in NY started playing album rock (one side) of a classic, so I used to same R2R to capture some of that. What great, naive times!!

Cool turntable! What is it? Is it automatic, and the buttons on the left find the tracks?
It's a Technics SL-15, and yes, the buttons do let you select which tracks to play. It didn't work properly when I first obtained it, but after taking it apart, cleaning everything, and fiddling with the gizmos inside it's all working now.

Back