All YES Steven Wilson BR Expanded Editions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Filled in a couple of gaps with Nonsuch
and CTTE 👍🏼👍🏼
Yes Album and CTTE Blu-ray already sold out at Burning Shed, merely days since they announced the restock. I wonder how many were pressed? Get these while you still can, I was going to wait on Nonsuch as I own the DVD-A but I figured I’d regret it later when it does go out of stock and prices skyrocket again.

Oh that's what it is....I thought it was either a terrible gardening accident, or some kind of self-mutilation.

Exactly where that tomato came from is in dispute. Though Rick Wakeman is almost certainly full of sh*t (he like to tell tall tales)

Wikipedia recap:
Wakeman claimed to have thrown a tomato at the pictures taken for the album as he recalled the band were disappointed with the initial artwork which had cost a lot of money.[8] The album's title and cover was changed accordingly.[33][34] Howe said it was someone at Hipgnosis who threw the tomato and they did so on purpose, which insulted him.[32] According to White, the band was unable to decide on a cover: "I think Po ... put a picture of a guy with divining sticks on the front. He took it home one night and decided it wasn't working. So he threw a tomato at it".[32] Yes manager Brian Lane said the band disliked the pictures that Hipgnosis had taken at Yes Tor, "and we threw the tomatoes. [...] It wasn't Rick".[20]

That's really funny!

Just recieved CTTE & TYA from Burning Shed: listening to the stereo CD version of The Yes Album & it's great! Refreshing to hear a different take - I didn't realize SW also remixed stereo versions. Lots of clarity in the instruments, esp little details in Bruford's drums/cymbals & Howe's gtr fills.

Enjoying the info & pics in the booklet, they did a great job packaging this. And I see there's a flat transfer of the original masters on the bluray, too. Nice!

My surround setup is dismantled ( I don't have room to record instruments & also playback in surround at the same time ) but I can"t wait to eventually hear the 5.1 mixes!

That's really funny!

Just recieved CTTE & TYA from Burning Shed: listening to the stereo CD version of The Yes Album & it's great! Refreshing to hear a different take - I didn't realize SW also remixed stereo versions. Lots of clarity in the instruments, esp little details in Bruford's drums/cymbals & Howe's gtr fills.

Enjoying the info & pics in the booklet, they did a great job packaging this. And I see there's a flat transfer of the original masters on the bluray, too. Nice!

My surround setup is dismantled ( I don't have room to record instruments & also playback in surround at the same time ) but I can"t wait to eventually hear the 5.1 mixes!
There’s also a needledrop of a UK first pressing at 24/96 which is only available on the blu ray edition if I recall correctly. Sounds really nice.

Yes Album and CTTE Blu-ray already sold out at Burning Shed, merely days since they announced the restock. I wonder how many were pressed? Get these while you still can, I was going to wait on Nonsuch as I own the DVD-A but I figured I’d regret it later when it does go out of stock and prices skyrocket again.

Argh! I had TYE album and a few more in my cart but was going to wait until next payday just to feel better about it. That’s ridiculous, surely they must have more if they restocked. Or perhaps they just found a few boxes of these and Nonsuch plus Apples & Oranges?

Are they actually ‘selling’ for these crazy prices or is it just a wishful thinking price tag?
I really wish I had bought the Relayer, Close To The Edge and the Yes Album ones on BR and not the DVD sets but I’m not mad enough to spend money like that for them.
The DVD sets have some advantages. They are easier to rip to computer files, the EU has had BluRay discs go faulty more than US. There are more DVD players (and SACD players that play DVD-A) around than BR players.

There are more DVD players (and SACD players that play DVD-A) around than BR players.
I daresay Blu-ray players are more plentiful than DVD-Audio-compatible players. It is definitely true that there are more DVD-Video players than Blu-ray players in the hands of consumers, but most of those don't play DVD-A, so you're stuck with lossy surround.

Exactly where that tomato came from is in dispute. Though Rick Wakeman is almost certainly full of sh*t (he like to tell tall tales)

Wikipedia recap:
Wakeman claimed to have thrown a tomato at the pictures taken for the album as he recalled the band were disappointed with the initial artwork which had cost a lot of money.[8] The album's title and cover was changed accordingly.[33][34] Howe said it was someone at Hipgnosis who threw the tomato and they did so on purpose, which insulted him.[32] According to White, the band was unable to decide on a cover: "I think Po ... put a picture of a guy with divining sticks on the front. He took it home one night and decided it wasn't working. So he threw a tomato at it".[32] Yes manager Brian Lane said the band disliked the pictures that Hipgnosis had taken at Yes Tor, "and we threw the tomatoes. [...] It wasn't Rick".[20]

Whoever threw the tomato, the pictures of the cover are junk even without the tomato. The album as such was very good, but the cover pulls it down. In contrast, there are much weaker albums by Yes, but they are rated better because of the Roger Dean cover. Yes and Hipgnosis have unfortunately not been a good combination from my point of view.

The DVD sets have some advantages. They are easier to rip to computer files, the EU has had BluRay discs go faulty more than US. There are more DVD players (and SACD players that play DVD-A) around than BR players.

That may be true for the availability of the devices at the customers, nevertheless there is just with the Blu rays of Yes on each BR (TYA, F, CTTE, TFTO and R) at least one bonus title which is to be found only on the BRs and not on the DVDs.

Though once you *do* rip the BluRay, all those DVD advantages are moot, plus there is content on the BR that isn't on the DVDs
Well, that's cool if the additional track(s) is something good.
That may be true for the availability of the devices at the customers, nevertheless there is just with the Blu rays of Yes on each BR (TYA, F, CTTE, TFTO and R) at least one bonus title which is to be found only on the BRs and not on the DVDs.
Yes, already mentioned. But so what are the tracks on each of these albums featured only on BR discs?

Well, that's cool if the additional track(s) is something good.

Yes, already mentioned. But so what are the tracks on each of these albums featured only on BR discs?

For example, is on the BR of "The Yes Album":
  • Your Move (Single Version, Stereo)
  • Clap (Single Version, Stereo)
  • America (Live, London 1971)
  • It's Love (Live, London 1971)
  • Your Move (Single Version, Mono)
  • Stereo Instrumental Mixes - LPCM 24/96
  • Needle-Drop - A1/B1 UK Vinyl Transfer - LPCM Stereo 24/96

Just a thought; since Yes' classic Close To The Edge marks it's 50th Anniversary this year (and the SW BR editions are still in demand), who would be interested in a new 5.1 mix of CTTE by Wilson in Dolby Atmos?

Last edited:
As for Tormato, I think it is very weak. Their weakest album from the 70's and it isn't even close, imo. I'll take Drama over it in a heartbeat. What is sad is I would like the album much more if it wasn't for "Circus of Heaven". I do love "Release, Release", "Don't Kill the Whale" and "On the Silent Wings of Freedom", but "Circus of Heaven" should have been on a Jon Anderson solo album. I'm rambling, but all that being said, I'll still take a SW remix package with all the outtakes, including the tracks from what would have been the next album.

As for Tormato, I think it is very weak. Their weakest album from the 70's and it isn't even close, imo. ... What is sad is I would like the album much more if it wasn't for "Circus of Heaven". I do love "Release, Release", "Don't Kill the Whale" and "On the Silent Wings of Freedom", but "Circus of Heaven" should have been on a Jon Anderson solo album. ...

I agree that "Circus of Heaven" is not the highlight of the 70s. HOWEVER, it was during this time that YES reached the pinnacle of perfection in stage performances. During this time, from my point of view (note I am a Yes fan), there was no band that even came close to the perfection of the five musicians in their live performances. It was also the time when Yes took the first places in all categories vocals/guitar/keyboard/bass/drums and nobody came close to them except the former members of the band like Bill Bruford or Patrick Moraz.
You could also hear that if you were lucky enough to attend one of the concerts from 77-79.
When you heard "Circus of Heaven" in concert it was an experience because the atmosphere in those concerts had something "magical". After the concerts in London in 1978, there was a quietness in the exits, people had just experienced something great and it still resonated in them.

The twee level of 'Madrigal' makes it even more cringey than 'Circus of Heaven'. And yes, I saw them in concert, they weren't improved.

It's an album full of misfires, and the cardboard production made it all even worse. Squire, Howe, and White quite rightly turned away from Anderson's increasingly airy-fairy conceits when they made Drama.

Last edited:
Whoever threw the tomato, the pictures of the cover are junk even without the tomato. The album as such was very good, but the cover pulls it down. In contrast, there are much weaker albums by Yes, but they are rated better because of the Roger Dean cover.

Which much weaker albums are rated better, and by whom?

Back