All YES Steven Wilson BR Expanded Editions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're thinking of Tormato, not Going for the One. Tormato production began with Eddy Offord, who always used Dolby A, but whoever took over from him seems not to have known that, according to Brian Kehew, who mixed the bonus tracks included on one of the several Tormato reissues.

The multitracks for the Tormato non bonus tracks seem to be missing, as is the case for Going for the One...or maybe no one really cares to find them ;>

Ah, thanks for the correction! That is good to know. Brian Kehew is a reputable source indeed.

I read about it deep in some thread somewhere, so my memory is foggy. Glad I wasn't imagining things! Just got the wrong album >.>

You're thinking of Tormato, not Going for the One. Tormato production began with Eddy Offord, who always used Dolby A, but whoever took over from him seems not to have known that, according to Brian Kehew, who mixed the bonus tracks included on one of the several Tormato reissues.

The multitracks for the Tormato non bonus tracks seem to be missing, as is the case for Going for the One...or maybe no one really cares to find them ;>

On a recent edition of the Album Years podcast, Wilson declared his love for Tormato, which both he and Tim Bowness see as unjustly maligned. (Man after my own heart! Unfortunately he then went on to dump on the album cover, which I've also always liked. . . .)

On a recent edition of the Album Years podcast, Wilson declared his love for Tormato, which both he and Tim Bowness see as unjustly maligned. (Man after my own heart! Unfortunately he then went on to dump on the album cover, which I've also always liked. . . .)
I like Tormato a lot but I have a hard time with that cover as well.

As a lifelong metal fan, Tormato shines compared to some of the album cover artwork I've suffered through ... and then of course there is the Zealot Gene to consider.

Received today from Amazon.co.uk, “Tales From Topographic Oceans“ 3cd/1bluray set. My wife expressed interest in this a couple of weeks ago, because she had listened and loved it in college (late 70s). She wanted to know if there was a surround release of it and started the search. Being the online music shopper of the family, I magnanimously offered to take over. Eventually found it for sale at AmazonUK for about $44US (including shipping). Kind of proud of this acquisition.

I like Tormato a lot but I have a hard time with that cover as well.

I don't know why people freak out about the cover. It's Hipgnosis, that's the sort of thing they do. Blame Jon Anderson for shutting out Roger Dean on the previous album. Notice that once he left....voila, Dean's back for Drama.

One intriguing thing is that Kehew did NOT say definitely that the Tormato album multitracks were missing.

I don't know why people freak out about the cover. It's Hipgnosis, that's the sort of thing they do. Blame Jon Anderson for shutting out Roger Dean on the previous album. Notice that once he left....voila, Dean's back for Drama.

One intriguing thing is that Kehew did NOT say definitely that the Tormato album multitracks were missing.
Wouldn't say I freaked out over the cover , I just didn't think it was one of the better covers I've seen through the ages.
I'd be all over a MC release even if they just put a picture of a pile of crap on the cover. :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't say I freaked out over the cover , I just didn't think it was one of the better covers I've seen through the ages.
I'd be all over a MC release even if they just put a picture of a pile of crap on the cover. :ROFLMAO:

Howe wanted to call it YES TOR, a tor being a hill, so a pile of something might be appropriate. ;>

Suppose the cover didn't feature a splattered tomato. How would it rate?

Howe wanted to call it YES TOR, a tor being a hill, so a pile of something might be appropriate. ;>

Suppose the cover didn't feature a splattered tomato. How would it rate?
That's funny.
The cover is in no way factored into my rating of this album. In fact, on any given day (depending on my mood), I might rate this album right after the core 5 (the ones SW did).

Perhaps a better album cover would have sold more copies when it was originally released to less serious Yes fans but I doubt it mattered to most Yes fans.

Received today from Amazon.co.uk, “Tales From Topographic Oceans“ 3cd/1bluray set. My wife expressed interest in this a couple of weeks ago, because she had listened and loved it in college (late 70s). She wanted to know if there was a surround release of it and started the search. Being the online music shopper of the family, I magnanimously offered to take over. Eventually found it for sale at AmazonUK for about $44US (including shipping). Kind of proud of this acquisition.
If you missed the Yes tour when Tales was released, you're lucky! I kept looking at my watch. Rick Wakeman hated it! I've had the surround disc for years and it is good background music on a long drive...

Oh that's what it is....I thought it was either a terrible gardening accident, or some kind of self-mutilation.

Maybe they could have followed up with:

Lasagn-Yes
Yessta Primavera/Bolognese/Alfredo etc
Yes E Olio

And after the meal, maybe some Yespresso...

In fairness they did release an album, several years and iterations later, which Rick Wakeman rightly refers to as "Onion".

Back