Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it seems like every new DV batch that comes along is denounced for not having Paul F-ing Simon included! 😂

do we "all" want those Paul Simon Quads? of course! 🥳

is it happening anytime soon? doubtful! 😅

MFSL managed to secure licensing on some seriously top-tier titles over the years and i think this has maybe resulted in unrealistic expectations of what can be achieved by other labels?
There is no doubt, I think we all know the sort of titles we can expect from DV...and...we know the overall direction in genre. Yet, I have to admit, when they started putting out things like EWF, Guess Who, now REO and Nugent! Are you freaking kidding me? This is spectacular. No, I don't really think they are going to get some super top tier act like Paul Simon, nor do I think they'll get anything like Sabbath Paranoid.

That's OK, I mean, it is what it is and I love these titles they are putting out. Wonder what @steelydave has to say about these recent titles??!! He always has some nice insights. :)

I ordered the 3 new titles (Mac Davis, REO & the Motorcity Madman...and grabbed Perry Como live at the international hotel) to round out my 4.
And, like others who ordered yesterday...they have shipped. This time I chose a slight step up in shipping and went with Priority. Though, at a lower cost I can get tracking, and with a higher cost I don't. Odd. lol

There is no doubt, I think we all know the sort of titles we can expect from DV...and...we know the overall direction in genre. Yet, I have to admit, when they started putting out things like EWF, Guess Who, now REO and Nugent! Are you freaking kidding me? This is spectacular. No, I don't really think they are going to get some super top tier act like Paul Simon, nor do I think they'll get anything like Sabbath Paranoid.

That's OK, I mean, it is what it is and I love these titles they are putting out. Wonder what @steelydave has to say about these recent titles??!! He always has some nice insights. :)
And I'm likewise shocked but ecstatic that Michael Dutton is still able to gain acess to the original analogue QUAD masters in a day and age when the Majors usually only send out digital masters derived from the originals to reissue companies.

Touché, Michael!

Looking forward to the Nugent quad - Free For All - also. His first three albums ( the S/T , and these two - Free For All and Cat Scratch ) were when Ted had a killer band. Derek St Holmes was a major contributor to the success of these three albums. Really really good stuff IMHO. After these 3 albums, the band changed , the focus and sound changed and it was all downhill so to speak.

Last edited:
And I'm likewise shocked but ecstatic that Michael Dutton is still able to gain acess to the original analogue QUAD masters in a day and age when the Majors usually only send out digital masters derived from the originals to reissue companies.

Touché, Michael!
NOBODY messes with Mr. D!

edit: My order JUST SHIPPED!

it seems like every new DV batch that comes along is denounced for not having Paul F-ing Simon included! 😂

do we "all" want those Paul Simon Quads? of course! 🥳
And if we do get the Simon quads, we will move on to bitching about why we can't get other stuff. Let's start right now: When are we going to get the best of Mountain? When are we going to get Bluejays? When are we going to get Gordon Lightfoot? When are we going to get...blah, blah, blah...

I still have a collection of classical DV titles I haven't listened to. In fact, there's a number from the last batch that I haven't even opened yet. Now the floodgate opens once again with this new batch. Certainly, I will have no shortage of ideas when my wife asks what I want for Christmas!

please Mister Postman! look and see! if Paul Simon's in the mailbox, the mailbox for me! 👀😎

nah i checked and he's not so balls to him! 💪

meantime, here's some HOT ROCK instead!! 😅😂

6F13ADFD-1ABD-4BBB-ADF4-BED2DD766075.jpeg

892684CC-91B2-43B3-A6FF-83DC7DB950DD.jpeg

AD94B297-348A-4507-94AF-E2790EA032AC.jpeg

Nice! You ordered 3, and Macgotcracked! Oh nooooo. :eek::SB
back, sack and crack = done! ✅
just in time for Xmas! 🎅
yo ho ho and a bottle of Vocalion!

ah.. now, i hope the SACD Player still works
(it's been a while since i fired up the ol' thing what with all this streamin' Atmos takin' over the World etcetera etcetera! ker-chingggg! 😅😁😂

Wife and I do not exchange Xmas gifts, so it puts me in the horrible position of simply buying what I want, when I want. Xmas or not. lmao
Oh, but if I tell her what I really want for Christmas, she just laughs at me. :whistle::whistle:

So it will be a batch of DV quads...which actually last a lot longer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Note the even number of emojis so as to not break GOS's Law ever again.)

And if we do get the Simon quads, we will move on to bitching about why we can't get other stuff. Let's start right now: When are we going to get the best of Mountain? When are we going to get Bluejays? When are we going to get Gordon Lightfoot? When are we going to get...blah, blah, blah...

I still have a collection of classical DV titles I haven't listened to. In fact, there's a number from the last batch that I haven't even opened yet. Now the floodgate opens once again with this new batch. Certainly, I will have no shortage of ideas when my wife asks what I want for Christmas!
you deserve a great big MAN HUG!!! Grrr!! 🥳🤗💝

Oh, but if I tell her what I really want for Christmas, she just laughs at me. :whistle::whistle:

So it will be a batch of DV quads...which actually last a lot longer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Note the even number of emojis so as to not break GOS's Law ever again.)

Last year around this time, I up and bought a SVS subwoofer...which...I'm still trying to pay for. :whistle:

If anyone needs an idea for a disc to order an even number so as to not violate GOS's Law (I did on my last order and it almost led to annihilation of the total universe), I highly recommend this one. Michael Dutton mixed it into quad himself and it is wonderful.

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7395

Back