Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This album is actually available on pure audio blu ray if you're interested which also includes some cool visuals to go with the music.
That sentence might have just cost me some money. Bookmarked it on the Pure Audio site so I can look at it when I have more time next week.

Thanks so much for all the electronic Atmos recommendations. Max Cooper's Unspoken Words, though, is special! Wow. Bluray on its way! Thanks!
It really is a special release! So glad that others have discovered it too. One of his previous albums "Emergence" was also released on pure audio blu ray but unfortunately seems to be sold out. Luckily I managed to grab a copy though.

Recent discovery I’ve been meaning to post about: some of Apple Music’s more specialized mood playlists are starting to get more and more Atmos tracks. However, these are not artists you’ve likely heard of, these are artists who’s whole thing is making “playlist fodder” music, hitting a specific vibe/tone. Also not every track is Atmos. I’m certain more playlists are like this, but these are the two I’ve stumbled upon
I tend to put one of these playlists on when I read before bed, it’s been nice getting some Atmos action while I wind down. I was reminded about it when I saw these two new Mamoosh (of Jazzmachine) releases in the Hip Hop Carousel in Spatial Audio, as they tend to hit that ”vibe” the first playlist is going for.

This is a quad release in an Atmos container, isn't it?
Thats right.

@kamranv told us that he used the Atmos posibilities of Tidal to release in streaming the Quad mix. No other way to release in streaming multichannel at that time.

Then someone said in this thread that what a waste of Atmos channels.... only 4 of them are used... and then some discussion :ROFLMAO:
Atmos release of Suzanne Ciani - LIVE Quadraphonic

I tested a lot this quad mix using upmixers to extend the Quad to more speakers and the result was worse. The quick progression of the swirling sounds around the room are best experienced with just Quad.

Thats right.

@kamranv told us that he used the Atmos posibilities of Tidal to release in streaming the Quad mix. No other way to release in streaming multichannel at that time.

Then someone said in this thread that what a waste of Atmos channels.... only 4 of them are used... and then some discussion :ROFLMAO:
Atmos release of Suzanne Ciani - LIVE Quadraphonic

I tested a lot this quad mix using upmixers to extend the Quad to more speakers and the result was worse. The quick progression of the swirling sounds around the room are best experienced with just Quad.
Nothing for me then, I want all my channels active. ;)

Back